1. Hi Guest, Registrations are now open. See you on the inside.
    Dismiss Notice

If no Wallace plan B

Discussion in 'Steelers Talk' started by PWP, Feb 20, 2012.

1. PWP

PWP Well-Known Member

Oct 26, 2011
    I have been waiting to get closer to the combine to Pimp this local guy.....He is from a small school ,but is going to be a big time player.....He should be available in round #2 .....

Brian Quick from ASU....He is a big strong guy who runs good routes..He is a solid blocker and makes Fitzgerald type catches....His frame is also nice at around 6-4 and 220 lbs....I have watched this guy his entire College Career and have met him on numerous Occassions....He is a smart kid and will become a beast in the NFL IMO......We were so stacked at WR I really had no reason to pimp him for the Steelers....

Keep your eye on this kid as I know Coach T and the staff got to see him a few seasons back as he caught balls from Armanti Edwards,he is my sleeper pick of the draft,,,IMO top 15 Talent available in round #2 because of the place he played and the style of the O they run....

2. gpguy

gpguy Well-Known Member

Dec 19, 2011
    I was waiting for this to be some crazy weird idea thing like some of your recent posts, haha. Even if they cant keep Wallace I'd rather not spend a high pick on a WR, though it would be nice to have some size at the position.

PS - there is a draft forum for any/all draft talk (I'm sure this will be moved there but still make it easier on the mods and put draft talk in the draft section, even though this mentions Wallace in the topic its about the draft)

3. shaner82

shaner82 Well-Known Member

Oct 16, 2011
    Even if we lose Wallace, we don't need another top WR, we have Sanders and Brown, and possibly Cotchery. We're not going to have 4 WR's on the field all the time. We have much bigger needs.

4. PWP

PWP Well-Known Member

Oct 26, 2011
    You are probably right ,but if we hit on both the 1st. round picks or trade back and gain more picks this is a guy who needs a look and could be another solid investment.....

As to gp this is a tweener thread and the board has been slow anyways so I felt it was a good time to get a little action......

At least check out his highlights and watch him perform at the Combine at which point you should agree he would be a true value pick in round #2.....I think the plan without Wallace is Important enough to be on the main board.....

Wallace is gone ,lets get to speculating,I have offered a couple of solid plans IMO....

5. TheSteelHurtin2188

TheSteelHurtin2188 Well-Known Member

Nov 30, 2011
    I disagree if one of the big kids is there you take him. Haley has had big tall and tough wrs everywhere he has been. If floyd is on the board and the steelers are on the clock they better takr him. Im all for sleeper picks but not in the 2nd round. With us trimming the fat our first three picks our going to have to contribute right away.

6. shaner82

shaner82 Well-Known Member

Oct 16, 2011
    Floyd will not be there for us in the 2nd round. If he is, yeah take him, but he won't be, there's no way.

7. PWP

PWP Well-Known Member

Oct 26, 2011
    Fair enough ,but he is only a sleeper pick at the moment by the time the draft roles around he will be a Top 6 or so WR on almost every board...Knowing this kid personally there would only be 2 WR'S I would pick in front of him.....

8. freakfontana

freakfontana

Oct 19, 2011
    should be available in the 4th

9. PWP

PWP Well-Known Member

Oct 26, 2011
    No way as Mayok stated at the Senior Bowl 'this kid is down here making money....He had a great catch on a out route in practice that week and he made it look effortless.....He will continue to climb the boards once the media catches on,the Coaches already know and I hope he is there when we pick in the 2nd.....LOL...

10. HugeSnack

HugeSnack Well-Known Member

Oct 17, 2011
    I'd rather not take a WR at all and keep the ones we have. If we lose Wallace, I could accept one, but not before the 4th. Those high picks have to go to OL, NT, ILB, OL, DB...

11. freakfontana

freakfontana

Oct 19, 2011
    i use to read this site that is usually accurate at who is rising and falling but maybe you are right
    http://www.drafttek.com/2012-NFL-Draft- ... on-WRs.asp

12. PWP

PWP Well-Known Member

Oct 26, 2011
    Fair enough ,but the only 2 spots I think we have to spend high on are the OL....As stated in the other thread I would draft 2 in the 1st ,this would help the Defense tremendously as we could actually score points and protect a lead with a running game this would give us a chance to see what we have in the young guys on D....

I don't think we need a CB either ,I expect big things from Brown and Allen..I do agree we need 2 OL ,but I think they both need to be round #1 guys or it will be a waisted pick IMO...I like a lot of the mid round ILB'S as to me after the top 2 or 3 the next 20 or so seem to be of the same caliber....I would rather invest in a pick that has a great chance to become another #1 pick in the future instead of a 2nd. round NT,OL,DB, or ILB

13. bigsteelerfaninky

bigsteelerfaninky Well-Known Member

Oct 24, 2011
    if wallace leaves we can always get moss or TO they are still available

14. bigsteelerfaninky

bigsteelerfaninky Well-Known Member

Oct 24, 2011
    If Wallace goes daft the highest wr AVAILABLE

15. Thigpen82

Thigpen82 Bitter optimist

Oct 17, 2011
    Or, indeed, any of the seven million other WRs that are FAs this year.

16. CANTON STEEL

CANTON STEEL Well-Known Member

Oct 17, 2011
    :roflmao: Good one ;-)

17. bettissb40

bettissb40 Well-Known Member

Oct 16, 2011
    We have a lot more to be concerned about that WR's. We need some people on the O line that will keep Ben healthy and able to do his thing.

18. SSylvester

SSylvester Well-Known Member

Oct 23, 2011
    Losing Wallace hurts, but the others that have said we have more pressing needs are correct. O line D line ILB Safety. We have let a couple of big name receivers go and have been fine (Burress/Holmes). Only because of the cap issues so I say let Wallace go. We need that money elsewhere.

19. HugeSnack

HugeSnack Well-Known Member

Oct 17, 2011
    Are you sure we shouldn't trade down so we can get two or three??? We don't have enough and, I mean, who needs an offensive line or a defense? I want to get 500 passing yards per game, and we need more receivers to do it! :dancing: :dancing:

20. steelfan

steelfan Well-Known Member

Jan 2, 2012
    To reiterate, any position on defense or O-Line should be drafted before WR. That is not a dire need without Wallace.