1. Hi Guest, Registrations are now open. See you on the inside.
    Dismiss Notice

If Jarvis comes back how do they use him?

Discussion in 'Steelers Talk' started by Badboy212, Nov 18, 2014.

1. numbah58

numbah58 Staff Member Mod Team

Oct 16, 2011
    He'd definitely be leading the team, that's for sure..

2. Wardismvp

Wardismvp Well-Known Member

Oct 26, 2011
    Telling it like it is.

3. darcrav

darcrav Well-Known Member

Jun 16, 2012

KEEPING IT REAL

4. JackAttack 5958

JackAttack 5958 Well-Known Member

Oct 18, 2011
    I feel ya.

5. Busman

Busman

Oct 18, 2011
    werd

6. Blast Furnace

Blast Furnace Staff Member Mod Team

Oct 16, 2011
    Telling it like it is, speaking the truth, keeping it real, werd.

7. darcrav

darcrav Well-Known Member

Jun 16, 2012
    LITERALLY

8. mac daddyo

mac daddyo Well-Known Member

Oct 22, 2011
    I think when people talk disappointment in some of these younger players it's kind of misplaced to a degree. would we really notice as much when integrated with our past veteran team?

what I mean is when we had a top defense and we mixed these young guys in it wasn't near as noticlable but when they have to become The Man and we have so many of that type of player now on the field having to become The Man, it really intensifies their play under our microscopes.

supporting casts are pretty much gone and some of these young guys have been thrown to the lions as starters much quicker than our young players of the past. troy, Harrison, ike, Timmons, clark, keisel and several others were not instant successes as starters early in their careers but have grown into very good players in their primes. I think we are expecting vet play from very green players way to soon in the process, because that's all we have. it takes some time to become complete NFL starters.:cool:

9. JackAttack 5958

JackAttack 5958 Well-Known Member

Oct 18, 2011
    Whatchu talkin' 'bout, Willis?!

10. Diamond

Diamond Well-Known Member

May 26, 2012
    Taking Jones in the draft was a big gamble in my opinion especially in the 1st round, here is the scouting report on his weaknesses in the 2013 draft, and we have already seen some of these deficiencies:

[h=4]WEAKNESSES[/h] One-year starter. Inconsistent using his hands to disengage from better blocks and to beat cut blocks from running backs in pass protection. Lacks an ideal frame to get much bigger and doesn't have the growth potential or the bulk teams want at the position. Will need to prove he can stay with NFL ball carriers in space when dropping into the flat. Not particularly smooth in deep drops. Doesn't have elite bend around the corner, and could use a spin or other counter move to keep tackles guessing. Missed the last five games of the 2009 with a neck injury, part of his senior year in high school with a broken thumb. There is some concern about his long-term durability due to his spinal stenosis condition, the same ailment that has caused some players to call it quits, including Marcus McNeill, Chris Samuels and Michael Irvin.