1. Hi Guest, Registrations are now open. See you on the inside.
    Dismiss Notice

If Jarvis comes back how do they use him?

Discussion in 'Steelers Talk' started by Badboy212, Nov 18, 2014.

1. mac daddyo

mac daddyo Well-Known Member

Oct 22, 2011
    gilbert got his job back why wouldn't JJ? he was doing better this year, but this stunted his growth some i would think. mix em all in and out and keep fresh legs on the field. at many positions i might add.:cool:

2. Busman

Busman

Oct 18, 2011
    Would you use the word speed in a sentence with JH? Consider straight line and backside pursuit speed and I think JJ wins out

3. contract

contract Well-Known Member

Jan 11, 2014
    I wasn't actually praising JJ. Alonzo Jackson had fewer career sacks (0) than JJ had as a rookie (1).

4. JackAttack 5958

JackAttack 5958 Well-Known Member

Oct 18, 2011
    Disappointing first two seasons for JJ. I don't look for him to make any significant contribution this season at all. A wrist injury for a linebacker is, in some ways, worse than a knee or ankle. He's got to be able to use his hands to get off blocks and JJ seemed to be on the weak side even before the injury. He may have been playing slightly better than he did his first season, which wasn't hard to do, but I still saw him get manhandled and pushed 30 yards behind the QB on several rushes prior to his injury. I'd be lying if I didn't say that I was concerned about JJ 's long-term potential. Glad we signed JH and wish he could transfer some of his super-human strength to JJ.

5. darcrav

darcrav Well-Known Member

Jun 16, 2012
    wrong

6. JackAttack 5958

Oct 18, 2011
    Care to elaborate? :lolol:

7. darcrav

Jun 16, 2012

not now

signed
    PRONG

8. Myronwemissyinz

Myronwemissyinz

Oct 17, 2011

Didnt think so!!!!

9. darcrav

Jun 16, 2012
    Diggin' for answers you fall in a hole
    Lessons of nonsense shall cast the first stone
    Pontifical preachings past now quick to forget 'em
    Depending on no one I distrust and oppose
    Prove you, prove you wrong
    You can bet on it, I'll prove you wrong
    Depend on it, I'll prove you wrong
    Quest for solutions you ain't gonna get one here
    Why waste my breath upon the ears of the deaf man
    Skeptic acceptance caution fraudulent cause
    Dependence on no one best distrust and oppose
    I'll prove you wrong
    I'll prove you wrong
    Wrong, wrong, wrong

[HR][/HR]

10. Myronwemissyinz

Myronwemissyinz

Oct 17, 2011

:facepalm: All I can say is wow....:goofy::dizzy:

11. darcrav

Jun 16, 2012
    you got to coordinate

12. darcrav

Jun 16, 2012
    there is no right or wrong really

how is it disappointing when he was a rookie who actually started some
    can't evaluate a player who is injured in 2nd season

the injury is a long term rehab from what i've read so he might not play any more this year which means he can study and train with JH

guess the first sentence is the only thing I might BEG THE DIFFER

you can get back to Blasting Blast

13. SC Gamecock

SC Gamecock

Oct 18, 2011
    Nauseating to think, but I believe you're right

14. Greg the man Lloyd

Greg the man Lloyd Well-Known Member

Oct 16, 2011
    Jh got starter snaps the last game. And his snaps have increased as he has gotten into shape. He starts and you let JJ get some snaps in the game. moats is a back up. Play him as a backup.

15. JackAttack 5958

Oct 18, 2011
    That his first two seasons have been disappointing? How could you disagree with that? He didn't do anything special (or anything at all, really) his first season and this season has green derailed by injury. What's not disappointing about that? I'm sure if you asked JJ he'd tell you that he's disappointed with his first two seasons.

16. Diamond

Diamond Well-Known Member

May 26, 2012

Yeah, it was too bad to pass on a top free safety like Reid to take a raw hamburger like JJ, we could have had our FS spot fixed for years to come, and his 6 picks so far would have sure helped us out a lot, he is durable as well, he started all 16 games in his rookie year and all 11 games this year, oh well, we have geniuses drafting on draft day for us....

17. Wardismvp

Wardismvp Well-Known Member

Oct 26, 2011
    He has been a disappointment, but what about Shamarko? Another disappointment so far.

18. DSteelerCT

DSteelerCT Well-Known Member

Nov 15, 2011
    Ironic how many compared Shamarko to Bob Sanders...another player who couldn't stay healthy enough to be on the field.

19. CK 13

CK 13 Well-Known Member

Nov 5, 2011
    I was excited when they moved up and got Shamarko. A few years behind Troy, then move into the spot. But the only spot we see him is on the sidelines nursing another injury. I hope the best for the kid, but he is losing reps. Maybe not on the field but in practice where you learn to perfect the craft. Hope he can put some games together.

20. numbah58

numbah58 Staff Member Mod Team

Oct 16, 2011
    Yeah he created a sack/fumble when he got the freak injury.. Not seeing a disappointment the way he began this season.. Injuries happen.

21. JackAttack 5958

Oct 18, 2011
    How can we call the oft injured safety anything but?

22. JackAttack 5958

Oct 18, 2011
    Injuries do happen and by definition, they are disappointing. Maybe we're playing semantics here, but the fact that JJ's first season was less than stellar and this season he's been injured for most of it is, wait for it, disappointing. I hope he comes back and is able to make some noise the last few games and, hopefully, the playoffs. If he does, we can reevaluate then.

23. Blast Furnace

Blast Furnace Staff Member Mod Team

Oct 16, 2011
    Because it sounds like people are saying they are disappointed in JJ himself. JJ was looking real good to me before he got hurt. The injury is disappointing and very unfortunate because it's a big set back but I am not disappointed in JJ's performance at all. I think he'd be in the midst of a pretty good season right about now.

24. JackAttack 5958

Oct 18, 2011
    He may have been looking better than last season, but IMHO he was not looking "real good". I saw many of the same things we saw from last year. He seemed to get manhandled by one blocker too often, looked weak when he tried to bull rush and got pushed 20 yards behind the pocket when he tried to speed rush. His backside pursuit seemed to be pretty good but there's a reason he always seems to be pursuing from the backside. I'm sorry, but I just didn't see all of this tremendous improvement from last year to this year during his limited playing time. I'm certainly not giving up on JJ but considering the fact that the Steelers told him he needed to get stronger in the off season, he still looked pretty weak to me. :shrug:

25. Blast Furnace

Blast Furnace Staff Member Mod Team

Oct 16, 2011
    Well fact is, he didn't play as poorly as people make him out to last year either so no wonder we dont see the same stuff.

Id say he would easily be up to 8 sacks by now.