1. Hi Guest, Registrations are now open. See you on the inside.
    Dismiss Notice

If Hines Doesn't Play Sunday...

Discussion in 'Steelers Talk' started by TerribleTowelFlying, Oct 28, 2011.

1. TerribleTowelFlying

TerribleTowelFlying Staff Member Site Admin Mod Team

Oct 12, 2011
    Will Jericho Cotchery actually make a completion as a Steeler? It's looking like Hines isn't likely to play on Sunday or will be very limited, which will bring in Sanders and Cotchery to take his place in the slot. How much playing time will he see and what kind of impact do you think it will have?

2. SpeedyMikeWallace

SpeedyMikeWallace Well-Known Member

Oct 18, 2011
    He'll be the least respected WR out there going up against a pretty weak secondary. If he doesn't have a couple of receptions then he's probably completely worthless and Arnaz Battle should take his spot in the depth chart.

3. colsteveaustin

colsteveaustin Well-Known Member

Oct 17, 2011
    I hope so.Jerricho Cotchery has'nt done much so far.I know he really has'nt had the chance,I just hope he's ready and produces on the field.We need everyone to contribute.Hopefully he's as good as he was in New York.LET'S GO STEELERS!! :clapping:

4. oldschool

oldschool Well-Known Member

Oct 19, 2011
    Hines seems to always come up with at-least one catch a game and many times a critical one for something significant or just emotional. I want that guy to get his 49 catches this year to make the HOF. I'm pulling for him to have another big game or two at least. I also want to see Cotchery again.

What's the likelihood the Rooney's hire him for a receivers coach sooner or later. I love his emotional grit and the team should bring him on while it's still relevant.

5. WWW

WWW Writing Team

Oct 24, 2011
    Hope to see Jerrico play a little bit and get a couple of throws his way, but probably on 5 WR sets Moore & Miller will be #4 and #5.

Ben & Arians seem to have a little more confidence in both of them than in Cotchery.

6. Da Stellars

Da Stellars Well-Known Member

Oct 22, 2011
    I don't know, when Hines went out in Arizona I saw Sanders started having some really good plays. Cotchery might only come in on 4 receiver sets...

7. HugeSnack

HugeSnack Well-Known Member

Oct 17, 2011
    If Hines doesn't go, I expect to see Cotchery in there for a few plays and maybe catch a pass or two. He is far more dangerous than Battle, despite his drop last week. It was only a year ago that he was a very capable starter and slot guy for the Jets.

I love Hines crazy, but I expect Sanders and Brown to blossom with more field time. Hines is reliable, but those guys are explosive. I really hope ol' Hinesy sticks around to coach once he retires.

8. SteelersWin!

SteelersWin! Well-Known Member

Oct 29, 2011
    I would definitely like to see Sanders over Cotchery. Haven't really seen a ton of him this year and seems to make some mistakes running routes, but also comes up with big plays.
    Also interested in seeing if Cotchery can still do something though if he gets a chance.

9. Busman

Busman

Oct 18, 2011
    Sanders is expected to start for Hines if Hines is not ready.. Candidly I think its the start of something special to fill in for our boy Hines

Bman

10. numbah58

numbah58 Staff Member Mod Team

Oct 16, 2011
    If nothing else, Cotchery knows the Patsies pretty well.

I expect that we'll see alot of Manny however.