1. Hi Guest, Registrations are now open. See you on the inside.
    Dismiss Notice

I'd rather lose...

Discussion in 'Steelers Talk' started by 12to88, Jan 7, 2012.

1. 12to88

12to88 Well-Known Member

Dec 2, 2011
    ...in Denver than get spanked in Foxborough. This team is far too banged up to compete with the Pats--and I simply do not want another NE playoff loss on the resume. I hate their fans and hate giving them more ammo.

So I am rather ho-hum about tomorrow's game.

2. truckin9999

truckin9999 Well-Known Member

Oct 16, 2011
    I would rather have the chance at New England, then have to listen to all the talk about how Tebow beat the Steelers.

3. jhmiller3

jhmiller3 Well-Known Member

Oct 22, 2011
    :this!:

4. Steeldefense08

Steeldefense08 Well-Known Member

Oct 16, 2011
    Beat up? By next week Ben will be better and pounced will be back

5. Sixpack

Sixpack Well-Known Member

Oct 26, 2011
    I'm with u!

6. jimmyallen45

jimmyallen45 Well-Known Member

Jan 1, 2012
    Well, I can somewhat agree with the original poster, as I live in New England and will have to deal with crap from Patriots fans first hand- although the ones I know have been muted of late, especially since the Steelers beat them earlier this year.

On the other hand, I do have a ticket to that game in my hand right now...

I'm telling you though, the confident swagger people traditionally have toward the Patriots' chances is not as evident to see this year. I sense that they are not looking forward to a game against the Steelers. I urge everyone on here to READ THESE ARTICLES, written by one of Boston's most prominent sportwriters, to get a feel for the anxiety around here:

http://www.necn.com/01/02/12/Shaughness ... eedID=3352

http://articles.boston.com/2012-01-02/s ... -belichick

7. santeesteel

santeesteel

Oct 17, 2011
    Really? You're ho-hum about a playoff game? There's no shame in losing (possibly) to a really good team like the Pats, there's a lot of shame in being Tebowed.

8. lovembig

lovembig Well-Known Member

Oct 30, 2011
    last time they played New England the Steelers defense held Brady in check. its not going to be a shoot out. the Steelers defense is not beat up. Wooodley will have game under his belt and Clark will be able to play.

Ben will be a little healthier and Pouncey will be able to go.

i will never want my team to lose and not have a chance to keep going. as long as they beat Denver they have a chance to go to the championship game by beating the Pats. if they lose in Denver they have ZERO chance.

its less than 24 hours until kickoff and im starting to get a bit ansy.

9. white_steel_wolfe

white_steel_wolfe Well-Known Member

Nov 14, 2011
    Are you out of your ****ing mind? Um hello? Anybody there?

Losing to Denver would be a complete embarrassment..even more than the Bengals getting totally killed by the Texans.

Screw that! GO STEELERS!

10. lostyank

lostyank Well-Known Member

Oct 28, 2011
    :this!: Any given Sunday!

11. bigsteelerfaninky

bigsteelerfaninky Well-Known Member

Oct 24, 2011
    maybe this was started by a troll...because no one in there right mind would think this way

12. cutrale

cutrale Member

Oct 28, 2011
    I for one, will NEVER give up my faith in the Steelers. They WILL beat the Broncos and if they play the Cheatriots, they WILL beat them. I have been a die hard fan since I was 13, ( 38 yrs now) and I have NEVER thought they would lose. I would rather be a Steeler fan than root for any other team in the NFL. Mr. 12 to 88, if you have no more faith in them than what you have deminstrated, maybe it is time for you to find another team to root for. You, my friend, are not a Steeler fan. Join the Cheatriots board.

13. SteelerFanInKC

SteelerFanInKC Well-Known Member

Nov 14, 2011
    thanks for being a bandwagon, fair-weather fan! I assume that you will not be watching tomorrow, right? I mean, why bother, you already think that they are going to lose.

What's the Steelers biggest issue(s) right now? answer: the offense is banged up a bit.
    What's the Patriots biggest issue(s) right now? answer: they have the 31st ranked defense in the league.

So, are you just willing to throw in the towel, fair-weather fan? I'm not! I think that the 53 players and coaches will GLADLY take their chances in New England, with or with you! They can certainly count on me! :herewego!:

14. steel1031

steel1031 Well-Known Member

Oct 16, 2011

Could not have said it better. I have not and never will wish for a defeat just so we dont have to play another team. we back down from nobody

15. jimmyallen45

jimmyallen45 Well-Known Member

Jan 1, 2012
    Love the fire on here!

I will try to bring that with me when I attend the game in Foxboro next weekend.

Anyway, speaking of injuries, do not forget that Andre Carter, who was the Patriots best player on defense this season, is out for the year.

16. 12to88

12to88 Well-Known Member

Dec 2, 2011
    Troll? No. bandwagon fan? No. Realistic and pessimistic about the Steelers chances of winning a road game in Foxborough? Absolutely.

17. Myronwemissyinz

Myronwemissyinz

Oct 17, 2011
    Dont you even want a crack at Marcia and co? I know I do!!!

18. Coastal Steeler

Coastal Steeler

Oct 16, 2011
    You gotta be ****tin me. You can't win if you do not play the game. You gotta play who is next. Glad the team doesn't think like that.

19. Blast Furnace

Blast Furnace Staff Member Mod Team

Oct 16, 2011
    What a gutless attitude.

20. 4EvrH8O'donnel

4EvrH8O'donnel Well-Known Member

Nov 18, 2011
    Damn Glad your not on the Team. You use a first person noun "I" but your just an idiotic fan (not really).
    Steelers will Stomp the Broncos, Beat down the Patriots, Kick the Rats then be in Indy real soon where Ben made one of the best plays in Steelers history then they will beat the Packers!

GO AWAY TROLL!

21. TheWanderer

TheWanderer Well-Known Member

Oct 20, 2011
    i understand what you're saying. i'd certainly rather lose to denver than new england. but i'm certainly not going to bring a "ho-hum" attitude to this game and, yes, losing to tebow would be downright embarrassing.

our path to 7 isn't an easy one this season. we don't get the rats at home then a jets team with an awful qb this year. we'll have to beat denver, travel to new england, probably travel to baltimore, and then have to beat some high-octane nfc team like the pack or saints on a fast track in indy (rather than a seattle or arizona team). with our lack of a pass rush and questionable secondary this season, chances may be slim . . . but hopes are high.

22. Steeltradition83

Steeltradition83 Well-Known Member

Oct 21, 2011
    To banged up to win? Lets go back a year and look at Green Bay's IR list. They lost a ton of key players to IR, this is the NFL when someone goes down the next player must step up. I'm not buying into the to many injured players stuff.

23. steelgirl ny 47

steelgirl ny 47 Active Member

Oct 16, 2011
    Who the heck wants to get beat by Denver ? Denver fell ass backwards into the playoff and you want the Steelers to lose, really ! Where is your competitive drive? Can't be a true Steeler fan.

24. xcodizzlex

xcodizzlex Well-Known Member

Oct 16, 2011
    our defense is much healthier than our offense, we can prob get by with a beat up offense than a beat up defense vs the pats

25. white_steel_wolfe

white_steel_wolfe Well-Known Member

Nov 14, 2011
    Exactly. :thumbsdown: