1. Hi Guest, Registrations are now open. See you on the inside.
    Dismiss Notice

id love to see a poll... is ben elite

Discussion in 'Steelers Talk' started by HinesWardHOF, Dec 23, 2012.

1. truckin9999

truckin9999 Well-Known Member

Oct 16, 2011
    Like what you said.. no fight there. But Payton has been in 2 SBs. He beat the Bears and lost to the Saints.

2. ballhair

ballhair Well-Known Member

Oct 26, 2011
    What are you waiting for. There are nut suckers such as Tomlin the queef above and apparently yourself that believe Ben is a top five QB (haha). I put him at number 20. I'm basing my Ben bashing on the last two seasons specifically. You have the number one defense in the league and hopefully end up 8-8. I put this mostly on Ben. What you say, he got injured? Like last year he got injured because he was too stupid to throw the ball away. Was it worth the wait?:lolol:

3. ballhair

ballhair Well-Known Member

Oct 26, 2011
    <Mod edit>

Let's tone it down...

4. Blast Furnace

Blast Furnace Staff Member Mod Team

Oct 16, 2011
    So in addition to having a low IQ, you're memory is shot too? <Mod Edit>. Like I said, you're a troll. Blount, we were right, he had no intelligent reply and answered with an insult. Thanks for being predictable ballhair! You're so pathetic, keep stalking me, it's fun beating you up :roflmao:

5. Steeldefense08

Steeldefense08 Well-Known Member

Oct 16, 2011
    But on the other hand, Ben was only like 50yds shy of last years total yds thrown. Just imagine not throwing those picks and having a HALF PRODUCTIVE offense.

6. blountforcetrauma

blountforcetrauma Well-Known Member

Oct 23, 2011
    Oh yeah!!! LOL. I wasn't even thinking about the one he lost.

7. blountforcetrauma

Oct 23, 2011
    LOL. I ask you for specific STATS. You produce NONE. So based on last year when we were 12-4 you think that Ben sucks? Since Ben is "top 20" in your estimation are you saying that last year 19 other qbs were better than Ben? Did 19 other qbs lead their team to BETTER than a 12-4 record? You really need to sale your computer on ebay dude because you're gonna really make a fool of yourself if you keep hanging around here. I just don't understand why you insist on calling people names for liking Ben. I never hurled a personal insult at you. I honestly wanted to know your reasoning behind what you are saying. You didn't answer any of the questions I asked you either. I'm still curious to know if you think those other guys are elite. You know who Terry Bradshaw is right? He used to play for the Steelers back in the 70's and early 80's. That was probably about 25 years or so before you were born. He was actually benched at one point in his career. Was he elite or not? Also Peyton has only won ONE SB to which he threw for a pick and a td and had less than 300 yds. Is he elite or not? Also Peyton's playoff record is right around .500. Ben's is well above that. Is Peyton elite or not? Ben and Peyton BOTH have game winning td's. It's just that Ben's went to HIS team and Peyton's went to the OTHER. Is Peyton elite or not? There is no possible way that you honestly would put Ben as the 20th ranked qb and you know it. If I lined up all the qbs numbers in the league over the last 5 years and asked you to rate your top 5 or 10 Ben would be in there. But based on your bias you can't admit it openly and if it's not bias it is something even worse. Ignorance. So I ask you again in front of everyone on here. What STATS do you have to prove that Ben is worse than 19 other qbs in the league? And again stiiiiillllll waiting.....

8. lersgofor7

lersgofor7 Well-Known Member

Dec 6, 2011
    Here ya go ballhair
    As far as Ben not being Elite :facepalm:

Here is the stats to show he clearly is one of the "elite" Qbs in the league ..there is about 27 other teams that would take him in a heartbeat

Ben is Top 5 in YPA all time! This some argue is the most important stat for a QB!! guess what? 3 of the others played 50 years ago...

He is #9 all time QB Rating!

He has 2 Super Bowl Wins 3 Appearances

He is 4th all time for a starting QB for winning %

He has 30 4thQ Comebacks or Game winning Drives 3 in the playoffs and 1 in a super bowl

Currently 39th on the all time yardage list and will probably be top 10 when he is done...

He was on his way to a career year before a freak injury

If this is not HOF ELite Material IDK what is...

He had a bad 3 game stretch after he dislocated a rib... hell be fine for the next 5-7 years...

9. blountforcetrauma

Oct 23, 2011
    Yep. I'd say that's pretty elite. But how about the stats for the 19 ahead of him in Ballhair's mind? I guess we'll let Ballhair dig those stats up.

10. D0bre Shunka

D0bre Shunka Well-Known Member

Jan 24, 2012
    Add to that he is 25th quarterback in NFL history to amass 25,000 yards passing and 1,000 yards rushing in the regular season.

He's not only elite, but i suspect before it's all said and down he will enter into very top tier of even the elites.

11. freakfontana

freakfontana

Oct 19, 2011
    when he is healthy is elite , the problem he is often injuried

12. lersgofor7

Dec 6, 2011

I think hes already there... and a surefire HOFer

13. lersgofor7

Dec 6, 2011

I think we would be waiting a looong time for that...

Does he even know what Elite means? ----> The best or most skilled members of a group

14. lersgofor7

Dec 6, 2011
  15. Blast Furnace

Blast Furnace Staff Member Mod Team

Oct 16, 2011
    The thing with Ben is though, he often plays through injuries but unfortunately at a lot less effective rate. Pisses me off that he got hurt so bad this year because he was taken much less punishment then in years past, not to mention the play he got hurt on didn't even look like much. If he can manage not to get too nicked up, I guarantee he will lead us to at least one more SB victory.

16. blountforcetrauma

Oct 23, 2011
  17. Greg the man Lloyd

Greg the man Lloyd Well-Known Member

Oct 16, 2011
    Yes he is a top 5 qb in this league. With him in the game we can win every game we play. When healthy he is much better. So yes he is Elite. Not his best season but will have great season next year when his wr's actually come to camp to get work with their QB

18. Steel_Elvis

Steel_Elvis Staff Member Mod Team

Nov 4, 2011
    I think that he was elite. He had a certain clutch mojo where you knew that he would somehow make the big play at the right time. Most of those 4th quarter comebacks and big wins came before he had a mediocre game against Green Bay in SB 45. I think it's pretty questionable whether he has been elite since then. There have been very few clutch plays in big spots. Is he still a top QB? Yes. However, he is not playing well in clutch situations.

19. jeh1856

jeh1856 Beer is good

Oct 26, 2011
    This didn’t age well

IMHO

I might be slow in responding?

• Hilarious Hilarious x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  20. Roonatic

Roonatic Well-Known Member

Sep 4, 2017
    Elite football player in my book jeh. Many clutch moments.

b3a66c4c954de8ce5c8dbfef58e70073--ben-roethlisberger-pittsburgh-sports.jpg

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  21. steel machine

steel machine Well-Known Member

Sep 21, 2017
    An inch off and we have 5 Super Bowls and a disdain for the Bus for awhile. I could never hate the Bus forever.

• Like Like x 1
  22. uncblue012

uncblue012 Well-Known Member

Aug 11, 2017
    The throw to Santonio was as clutch as it gets. Yes, the catch will be what people remember but Ben put it where literally no one BUT Holmes could get it. Pure beauty.

23. Ravens_Fan_N_Pitt

Ravens_Fan_N_Pitt Well-Known Member

Sep 24, 2018
    I would say yes he looks very poised out there and has a great offense around him helps as well.

24. steelersrock151

steelersrock151 Well-Known Member

Nov 18, 2011
    People forget that the play before that Santonio let a much easier catch go between his hands.

25. jeh1856

jeh1856 Beer is good

Oct 26, 2011
    Yes we do