1. Hi Guest, Registrations are now open. See you on the inside.
    Dismiss Notice

id love to see a poll... is ben elite

Discussion in 'Steelers Talk' started by HinesWardHOF, Dec 23, 2012.

1. darcrav

darcrav Well-Known Member

Jun 16, 2012
    well being a woman and seeing how you boys on here get into pissin contest all the time
    i use the word boy. Is that the name calling (YOU ARE) refering to and what is wrong with another qb who actually could play the ENTIRE season if Ben has some kind of

AORTA CONDITION

TWISTED ANKLE

CONCUSSION

BIKE ACCIDENT

EXPENDED ENERGY WITH THE WIFEY POO ON SATURDAY NIGHT
    turn your head and cough.

2. JackAttack 5958

JackAttack 5958 Well-Known Member

Oct 18, 2011

I don't think he tanked on purpose, but I think he reverted back to his old sandlot ways to show Haley that he knows best!

3. JackAttack 5958

JackAttack 5958 Well-Known Member

Oct 18, 2011

But Ben was highly efficient the first part of the season and many were talking MVP. But Ben is so smart, he decided that he could do a better job if he went back to his old gunslinging ways and then criticized Haley's playcalling when he screwed up. :facepalm:

4. D0bre Shunka

D0bre Shunka Well-Known Member

Jan 24, 2012

What???

You're really mad right now huh?

LOL

5. RobVos

RobVos Well-Known Member

Oct 16, 2011
    The reality is we would have more than 7 wins with any of the above QB (and most likely a couple others). To say the only reason we won 7 game was due to Ben is not paying attention. Luck wins for us today, so does RG3, for sure Mannuing, Brady, Brees, Rogers wins with our Defense today.

We beat Baltimore with Chaz Batch! Our D played well enough to win at least 10 games once they got out of the early funk they were in. Ben was not clutch this year at all. H failed to win games when we had the chance (even against poor defenses) and he lost 2-3 directly, including the last 2.

6. HinesWardHOF

HinesWardHOF Well-Known Member

Oct 24, 2011
    batch could have won today... bengals have 15 rushing yards.. 3 turnovers.. and we cant score more than 10 points? you dont think charlie coud have scored 13 or more? and im nto saying charlie should be the starting Qb but i am saying maybe BEN shouldnt?

HINES

7. gibson43

gibson43 Well-Known Member

Dec 19, 2011
    Exactly my point, we win most of the games we lost this year, certainly the past two, with a semi-elite QB. Many people are looking and remembering The Ben of 4 or years ago...he's not the same QB...at least not showing it. I'm not saying he can't regain form but you are what you are and he's currently as 7-8 QB...lots of those in the league.

8. polyjb

polyjb Well-Known Member

Jan 2, 2012
    Ben is not elite. Bad decisions.

1st and 10 from the 11 and we go backwards and kick a 40 yd field goal. Bad decisions...taking sacks...make better decisions!

9. lersgofor7

lersgofor7 Well-Known Member

Dec 6, 2011

Ridiculous...Id like to see how brady, manning etc...fair under siege all game...

10. darcrav

darcrav Well-Known Member

Jun 16, 2012

that's the point lers
    an elite qb wouldn't be under siege all day because of a quick read and release or a trow away to avoid a sack
    OR change the play at the line because of the defense thats shown

11. polyjb

polyjb Well-Known Member

Jan 2, 2012
    I used to say that..."let's see what Brady would do behind this line", etc. But the fact is, Brady or Manning would get rid of the football and not take sacks. They would not sit back there and do the same thing, time after time. Throwing the ball 30 yards downfield out of bounds is not a bad response to pressure - USE IT ONCE IN A WHILE. ONCE! QUIT TAKING SACKS.

12. steelersrule6

steelersrule6 Well-Known Member

Nov 14, 2011
    Ben will say the same cliche things after the game this is on me I let the team down blah blah. I don't want to hear it just play better.

13. biggbunch68

biggbunch68

Apr 26, 2012
    YES BEN IS A ELITE QB,...... NOW OUR COACHING STAFF IS A DIFF MATTER

14. shaner82

shaner82 Well-Known Member

Oct 16, 2011
    They would get rid of the ball quickly, just like they currently do

15. virginiasteelerfan

virginiasteelerfan Well-Known Member

Oct 16, 2011

lol. and they're two of the best QB's to play the game. Brady arguably the best. becuase Ben isn't as good as 2 of the top 5 all time QB's doesn't mean he's done or we should get rid of him.

16. polyjb

polyjb Well-Known Member

Jan 2, 2012
    I was watching a pee wee football game recently, and a kid through a pass away out of bounds. I was like, hey Ben doesnt even do that!

Ive seen guys throw it away in Madden football - and is just a video game with nothing on the line. :lolol:

17. Romans5:8

Romans5:8 Well-Known Member

Oct 17, 2011
    Ben has good talent (strong enough arm, elusive, seems to be a decent leader in the huddle). His weakness, I think, is his accuracy.

This may sound strange to some, but I'm not trying to say that he's horribly inaccurate. What I am trying to say is that he seems very uncomfortable throwing the ball into small/tight windows. This, I believe, is the major reason why he both holds the ball and scrambles as much as he does. He simply isn't comfortable (able?) throwing the ball into tight areas.

Evidence for this belief can be found in the fact that he performs much better versus zone coverage. Against zone coverage, Ben is very good. Not so versus man-to-man. Man-to-man coverage means tighter windows to throw into. This helps to explain the ups and downs of our offensive performances during Ben's career. Against zone teams Ben looks very good, but against man-to-man teams he seems to struggle.

I still think he is a good qb, and I'm glad we have him. But, I'd be lying if I didn't say that the Aaron Rodgers, Peyton Manning skill sets look more appealing.

18. gibson43

gibson43 Well-Known Member

Dec 19, 2011
    I didn't say two, I say there are 7-8 QBs better right now.

19. polyjb

polyjb Well-Known Member

Jan 2, 2012

:this!:

20. punkneater

punkneater Well-Known Member

Dec 13, 2011
    I almost hate to say this, but Ben was never elite.

21. mrtnalvrz

mrtnalvrz Well-Known Member

Sep 16, 2012

YOU KIDDING RIGHT? Ben is a great QB. Actually, the saved the first half of the season, when our D stunk big time. He did what he could witha mediocre offensive coordinator and (again) a broken Offensive Line.

The guy got a very scary injury playing against the KC Chiefs (because Oline cannot hold a kitten) and he returned after only 3 weeks of nursing his injuries.

Yes the guy made a bunch of bad calls and tough mistakes on the last 3 games, but damn it... he faced a lot of adveristy. If anyone here is considering to put all of the blame of this horrible season should go back and look again at his stats before that fateful game against KC.

22. mrtnalvrz

Sep 16, 2012
    YOU ARE WRONG!!! Go and kiss Phil Simms... he would probably agree with you punkneater.

23. polyjb

polyjb Well-Known Member

Jan 2, 2012
    The point of the thread is to say he is not elite. He played some good games earlier on, yes - but a lot of his heroics are caused by having to bail out himself from shortcomings earlier in the games. Ben/and the team cannot put any team away.

24. mrtnalvrz

Sep 16, 2012
    He is Elite... not because of this crappy season... but because of all of his trajectory so far. Stop crying like babies and looking to blame a guy that has led this team to 3 AFC championships and 2 SB rings. A guy that keeps producing even with a team that has been having problems with their Offensive Line for 3 years now. Do you want someone to blame? Look at MT and his stupid conservative tactics. MT plays not to win, but to not loose. This team's problems are escalating not because of Ben, but because Tomlin's lack of character.

25. punkneater

punkneater Well-Known Member

Dec 13, 2011
    I expected something harsher, lol! :tomato: