1. Hi Guest, Registrations are now open. See you on the inside.
    Dismiss Notice

id love to see a poll... is ben elite

Discussion in 'Steelers Talk' started by HinesWardHOF, Dec 23, 2012.

1. HinesWardHOF

HinesWardHOF Well-Known Member

Oct 24, 2011
    after losing 2 straight games in the last 2 weeks in crunch time?

2. lovembig

lovembig Well-Known Member

Oct 30, 2011
    not this year.

he has choked in the last 2 games with a chance to win. Wallace was WTFO on that int.

its a fitting end to a terrible season. they played this game not to lose instead of to win.

3. Jammasterc

Jammasterc Well-Known Member

Oct 26, 2011
    Bad year....tired of his style

4. traceman

traceman Well-Known Member

Oct 20, 2011
    It's like everything that worked so good earlier this season was forgotten. He went back to holding the ball again. Don't know exactly what he was seeing, but we were alot better taking what the defense gave us.

5. shaner82

shaner82 Well-Known Member

Oct 16, 2011
    Ben is a very good athlete who has used his athletic skill to hide the deficiencies in his QB play. As he gets older, he will need to use his head more often and his athletic skills less. He did that in the first half of the season and as a result was on pace for a career year. For some reason, he has gone back to his sandlot style of football, and now that he's older and slower, it's not working as well as it used to.

So is Ben elite? He has the tools to be elite, yes, but no, he has never played at an elite level for an entire season. If he can just get his ego out of the way and get on the same damn page as Haley, Ben could put up numbers similar to Brady, Manning, Rodgers, etc. Until he checks his ego at the door and commits to playing QB the way it was meant to be played, he'll never be elite.

People can say he is all they want, the numbers speak for themselves.

6. Rush2seven

Rush2seven Well-Known Member

Oct 17, 2011
    I'd say the layoff hurt him. He's not his usual self. But the real question you are asking is, should we replace him. My answer, "remember the '80's and '90's?"

7. Tdot Steeler Fan

Tdot Steeler Fan Well-Known Member

Nov 17, 2011
    NOPE. Every loss this year he's had the chance to make it a W. Pick six @Den. Couldn't convert last 3rd down @ Oak, @Ten. Didnt show up vs SD, gave away the game @ Dal. And ended the season vs Cin. HE HAS LOST HIS CLUTCHNESS.

8. BobbyBiz

BobbyBiz Well-Known Member

Nov 30, 2011
    I blame it on the baby.

Kid is probably keeping him up all night.

:lolol:

9. lovembig

lovembig Well-Known Member

Oct 30, 2011
    really, who cares if hes elite or not. i want super bowl wins and Ben can bring them to Pittsburgh.

pretty much everything that could go wrong for this team went wrong.

changes have to be made. i think we are going to see a lot of changes in 2013.

10. gibson43

gibson43 Well-Known Member

Dec 19, 2011
    He's no where near elite...this is a what have you done for me lately league...lately He's had the game to win and choked...elite QBs may not always win in those situations but they certainly aren't the reason you lost. QBs better than Ben currently.

Brady
    Manning
    Brees
    Luck
    RG3
    Matt Ryan
    Rodgers
    I think Ben falls in the Flacco Category now.

11. HinesWardHOF

HinesWardHOF Well-Known Member

Oct 24, 2011
    BINGO... lost the clutch win

HINES

12. Steel_Elvis

Steel_Elvis Staff Member Mod Team

Nov 4, 2011
    Ever since failing to do anything on the last 2 minute opportunity against Green Bay in the SB, Ben has not been clutch. He has gone from mega-clutch to mega-choker. Of all of the problems facing this team, Ben losing his mojo is by far the biggest. If you do not have a clutch QB, your chances of winning a SB are pretty much zero.

13. DSteelerCT

DSteelerCT Well-Known Member

Nov 15, 2011
    Yep this failure of a season is on Ben...#1 D and we have a losing season...unreal

14. BobbyBiz

BobbyBiz Well-Known Member

Nov 30, 2011
    :lolol::lolol:
    :facepalm::facepalm::facepalm:

Losing brings out the worst in everyone.

Deep breaths. Deep breaths. Relaaaaaax......

15. steelers5859

steelers5859 Well-Known Member

Oct 23, 2011
    Ben haven't been the same since he was hurt. He's lost his timing and his rhythm.

16. D0bre Shunka

D0bre Shunka Well-Known Member

Jan 24, 2012
    Give me break. The only reason this team had a chance to sniff the playoffs was because of Ben.

17. oldschool

oldschool Well-Known Member

Oct 19, 2011
    People on this board (you know who you are) have always argued with me on the point of Ben always being good for a bad INT nearly every game. Sometimes more like today. I think he needs his captain badge stripped.

Stop carrying water for him. The guy can be great, but he is not smart. Get your ass in the film room and be a real leader. If I hear him talk about sharpening his football skills playing golf I might throw a baseball at that rock on his shoulders.

I didn't even watch todays game. I stayed home and did stuff around the house. I knew him and these guys were gonna blow it.

Who really thought this squad had what it takes to come together and go on a real run against actual good teams and win a SB. I mean, the super bowl is what it's all about anyway right?

At least we have decent order in the draft for once.

They better not play Ben next week either. Last thing we need is to risk our only mediocre QB getting a serious surgery and effecting next year...

18. darcrav

darcrav Well-Known Member

Jun 16, 2012
    GIVE US ALL A BREAK

you know better than that

19. shaner82

Oct 16, 2011
    The same can be said about every QB of every team that is in playoff contention. The fact is a $100 million QB is supposed to get you to the playoffs, not cost you a trip to the playoffs. He has lost quite a few games for us this year

20. JackAttack 5958

JackAttack 5958 Well-Known Member

Oct 18, 2011
    Ben looks slow footed and slow minded. He is having trouble reading the field. This comes from a lack of preparation. PERIOD!!!

21. gibson43

gibson43 Well-Known Member

Dec 19, 2011
    Notie I specified currently. I don't see how you could make an argument for Ben against any of the QB's on the list. Maybe Brees, he's had a tuff year.

22. Tdot Steeler Fan

Tdot Steeler Fan Well-Known Member

Nov 17, 2011
    Roethlisberger: Let's get real.

Let's get one thing straight about Ben Roethlisberger. You live by the sword you die by the sword. Ben has lost his late game clutchness, there is no reason with 30 seconds left we are passing from our own 20 yard line. Ben seems to have also lacked tempo and accuracy ever since his long lay off. Every loss this we have this season under Ben he's ahs been anywhere from semi responsibile to fully responsible. He threw a game ending pick six @ Dev, couldn't convert key final 3rd downs @ Oak and @ Tenn. Didn't even show up vs SD, and lost the game @ Dallas and singlehandly handed the Bengals all 13 points today with a meaningless....MEANINGLESS interception. We have seen the end of the clutch Ben Roethlisberger. I just hope this isnt the decline of Ben.

P.S. Arians is duing mightly fine in Indy how's Haley working out in Pit? 10 points a game? Hmmm. Take it as you will.

23. truckin9999

truckin9999 Well-Known Member

Oct 16, 2011
    darcrav.. it would have been better with Batch or Lefty all year?
    GIVE US A BREAK!!

24. D0bre Shunka

D0bre Shunka Well-Known Member

Jan 24, 2012
    Your on crack. Without Ben, this team is just another team in the hunt for a franchise QB.

25. shaner82

Oct 16, 2011
    BA has Luck, who is scoring game winning TD's late in the 4th quarter. Haley has Ben, who is missing wide open WR's and throwing game ending INT's. Hard to compare the two