1. Hi Guest, Registrations are now open. See you on the inside.
    Dismiss Notice

I'd consider trading TJ Watt - We need a full rebuild

Discussion in 'Steelers Talk' started by SDOT, Oct 13, 2022.

1. Formerscribe

Formerscribe Well-Known Member

Dec 18, 2016
    Would you take a one and a two for Aaron Donald? Watt is right here with Donald as the best defensive player in the game. That's not a fanboy thing. The guy was the DPOY last year and he should have won it the previous season.

• Winner Winner x 1
  2. Formerscribe

Dec 18, 2016
    Mack was second in the DPOY voting his first year in Chicago, helping the Bears go 12-4 and win their division before losing on a missed field goal in the playoffs.

But you think he was never the same after the trade. If you don't know what you are talking about, at least try looking things up before you post next time.

3. Woodson two-six

Woodson two-six Well-Known Member

Nov 3, 2019
    You trade for draft picks, not players at this point! TJ's value in draft picks could be extremely high (1-2nd round). This team needs an OL rebuild and a different philosophy on D! "Different philosophy", meaning, bring in a group of blue collar, tough guys that can play (not one or two big names)! One more receiver that can be a possession guy, would absolutely put this team over the top IMO!

I agree with most people, that we need a completely new coaching staff! But this was just about trading TJ! When you put all of your eggs in the basket (into one player), your D goes as he does! Right now, not working out so great!!

• Agree Agree x 1
  4. Woodson two-six

Nov 3, 2019
    No. Not only would that never happen but that is bringing in the same problem we already have! And that is a reliance on one player.

5. Woodson two-six

Nov 3, 2019
    That depends on who your picks are! This team is not lacking in talent! They are lacking at specific positions that are effecting the entire team! It's only 3 positions IMO. Other than that, we have the best RB in the draft from 2 years ago, the best QB in the last draft, several very good/pro bowl caliber defenders (excluding TJ), and absolute steal in WR Pickens. there is talent here. It's about changing the staff (culture) and filling some small gaps!

• Agree Agree x 1
  6. Formerscribe

Dec 18, 2016
    You misread my post. I wasn't asking if the Steelers should try to get him. I was asking BAMA if he had Donald, would he give him up for a relative pittance like that.

7. Scrap

Scrap Well-Known Member

Oct 21, 2011
    This whole "need to stop winning pointless games" notion just shows a fundamental misunderstanding of the NFL, franchises, and really sports in general.

8. nor

nor Well-Known Member

Oct 26, 2016
    If the Steelers deliberately lose games, I’ll stop watching them

• Like Like x 1
  9. The Sodfather

The Sodfather Well-Known Member

Nov 17, 2014
    No, that is most definitely not Watt's fault. Last year when I suggested trading him or franchising him BEFORE he signed his new contract, I thought I was being pragmatic. I still feel the same way. However as bad as this season has stunk so far, at least we have TJ's return to look forward to and that I do appreciate. Someone made the point that trading him and stacking draft picks isn't a guarantee of a return to respectability and I couldn't agree more. It's all moot anyway because they signed him and he's going to be here for a while.

10. FootballAnalyst98

FootballAnalyst98 Well-Known Member

Jan 23, 2018
    So you think currently Rodgers is far and way the best in the nfl?

11. Disco1981

Disco1981 Well-Known Member

Mar 20, 2017

• Like Like x 3
  12. SDOT

SDOT Well-Known Member

Aug 1, 2016
    I still believe best return on investment/time to trade him will be this off-season.

But this can be fixed without trading him if we lose out. Get a top 3 pick and somebody wants to trade up for their franchise QB. A lot has to go right but it can be done.