1. Hi Guest, Registrations are now open. See you on the inside.
    Dismiss Notice

I would have rather lost 78-0

Discussion in 'Steelers Talk' started by 86WardsWay, Jan 23, 2017.

1. 86WardsWay

86WardsWay Well-Known Member

Dec 27, 2012
    I would rather have been burned by the blitz all night long and been completely blown out than to watch 3 or 4 man rush packaged with zone coverage.

I honestly believe that Mike Tomlin will never win another SB cause he doesn't know how to play against the competition. The worst game plan I've ever seen in a Championship game.

Tom Brady had all day long to find his receivers. This is worse than losing to Tim Tebow. Brady and Belichick are probably heading to Office Depot today to buy a "That was easy" button.

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  2. DSteelerCT

DSteelerCT Well-Known Member

Nov 15, 2011
    Yep...execution was bad, but game plan never game them a chance

3. rmorphy

rmorphy Well-Known Member

Nov 28, 2011
    Exactly. Butler needs to be fired JUST FOR THIS GAME. I cannot believe he planned this defensive scheme. It's almost as if he never saw 1 single minute of tape. Brady has ALWAYS killed us with zone defense. And dropping everybody and not pressuring him??? What is that about?? That was the most ridiculous thing I have ever seen.

4. bigsteelerfaninky

bigsteelerfaninky Well-Known Member

Oct 24, 2011
    Dam if felt like 78-0 to me

• Agree Agree x 6
    • Winner Winner x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  5. AskQuestionsLater

AskQuestionsLater Writing Team

Apr 21, 2016
    Colossal.

Team.

Failure.

Offense could not do much of anything (75% to Haley and 25% to the offense).

Defense.... just.... yo-you know what?

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Special teams has been hit or miss all year so no final analysis there. Tape speaks for itself.

In short? Repeat after me.

Colossal.

Team.

Failure.

6. nofieldfive

nofieldfive Well-Known Member

Sep 28, 2015
    if Gronk played it would have been 78-0

• Agree Agree x 1
  7. bigbenhotness

bigbenhotness Well-Known Member

Nov 1, 2014
    Summarization of Sunday

IMG_0117.JPG

• Hilarious Hilarious x 6
    • Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  8. Confluence

Confluence Well-Known Member

Jan 22, 2017
    I just want Antonio Brown to listen to his coach when he addresses the group in the locker room. After Facebook fiasco he did make history, that was probably the worst post season loss in franchise history. #notbooming

9. SteelerJJ

SteelerJJ Well-Known Member

Oct 16, 2011
    2013 all over again. They put up 55 on Lebeau that year.

10. bigbenhotness

bigbenhotness Well-Known Member

Nov 1, 2014
    You would think getting owned constantly would cause changes. We aren't the browns either.

I don't get it

11. tangofoxwhiskey

tangofoxwhiskey Well-Known Member

Dec 8, 2015
    I also would have accepted 150 yards in roughing the passer penalties, because it's hard to shred a defense when you're coughing up a quart or so of blood.

• Like Like x 1
  12. Wardismvp

Wardismvp Well-Known Member

Oct 26, 2011
    Now how do you think about MT? LOL

• Like Like x 1
  13. CK 13

CK 13 Well-Known Member

Nov 5, 2011
    Who? Antonio Brown? Was he playing on Sunday?

14. AskQuestionsLater

AskQuestionsLater Writing Team

Apr 21, 2016

Still my coach.

As I said though, there is not one single entity that can be solely blamed for what happened. In addition, I have moved on from this game for my favorite off season hobby; scouting prospects.

• Like Like x 1
  15. Blast Furnace

Blast Furnace Staff Member Mod Team

Oct 16, 2011
    He didn't have a typical AB day but for a guy that was being double teamed and the sole focus after losing Bell, he didn't do bad. 77 yards.

16. thesteeldeal

thesteeldeal Well-Known Member

Oct 18, 2011
    To beat them you gotta keep the game close either offensively or defensively. We pretty much did neither...the O had its chances while the D was keeping it relatively close but once again we failed in the red zone. Had we started the second half with points also I think the whole dynamic changes. They are less likely to take chances and be so quick with their plays in a tight game. They have a bit of a bully complex and when they got you on the ropes they take it up a notch. Teams that have had success against them punch them in the mouth and let them know early it's gonna be a long game. We needed to go toe to toe offensively in the first half and we blew every chance we had. Mistakes, fumbles and very questionable officiating in the second half had a snowball effect that lead to us getting embarrassed.

17. bettissb40

bettissb40 Well-Known Member

Oct 16, 2011
    Game plan.....What game plan. Tomlin couldn't coach a rock fight.

18. Diamond

Diamond Well-Known Member

May 26, 2012
    Julio jones was double teamed and he had 9 receptions for 180 yards and two TDs, AB wants to be considered elite but until he can handle double coverage he is just a slot receiver playing wide out, his total yardage this year is his lowest in 4 years, defenses have caught up to him........

• Agree Agree x 1
  19. Blast Furnace

Blast Furnace Staff Member Mod Team

Oct 16, 2011
    Julio wasnt double teamed all game. They have too many weapons to do that.

And are you seriously comparing the leagues worst passing defense to NEs defense?

Last edited: Jan 24, 2017
  20. Confluence

Confluence Well-Known Member

Jan 22, 2017
    martavis bryant, eli rodgers, sammy coates, cobie hamilton, darius heyward-bey, demarcus ayres, plus maybe a rookie, not bad receiver depth, Brown can get traded and find out how amzing an opportunity he had w roethlisberger and steelers org. and he can do his cringe inducing internet promotions and his crying about not getting the ball and be a locker room problem somewhere else

21. SteelerJJ

SteelerJJ Well-Known Member

Oct 16, 2011
    The Skins hold the record losing 73-0. We'll let them keep that record.

Last edited: Jan 24, 2017
    • Like Like x 1
  22. Busman

Busman

Oct 18, 2011

read that as c ock fight lol

23. nofieldfive

nofieldfive Well-Known Member

Sep 28, 2015
    All off season Tomlin will be thinking of beating the Pats when we play next year. Belichick won't think about the Steelers until it's game week.

24. Wardismvp

Wardismvp Well-Known Member

Oct 26, 2011
    Did you say dumber than a box of rocks?

25. 86WardsWay

86WardsWay Well-Known Member

Dec 27, 2012
    No he won't. He will do what we always do and that is game plan for each opponent the same as he would for all the 30 other teams. It may gnaw at him all off season but he won't change a thing. He's a great speaker but a terrible X's and O's coach. I used to think he was a great motivator but that flew out the window a couple of seasons ago as well. Problem is, the NFL is full of terrible coaches and only has a handful of brilliant minds.