1. Hi Guest, Registrations are now open. See you on the inside.
    Dismiss Notice

I wonder what Art II thinks ...

Discussion in 'Steelers Talk' started by mytake, Jan 14, 2018.

1. mytake

mytake Well-Known Member

Dec 26, 2016
    I remember when Cowher was trying to make Zereoue the feature back and that season was a complete debacle, Dan Rooney stepped in and told Cowher to get back to Steelers football, which meant power football. Art II did step in and said he wanted to see Roethlisberger protected better, so that was one of the reasons Haley was brought in, to help Ben get rid of the ball quicker.

He needs to step in again and get Tomlin to re-shape the mindset of the defense and probably the coaching staff. I am ready to get rid of the 3-4, especially if Shazier's career is over. I am not sure there is the right personnel to play a 4-3 though.

The defense would have to come up with some defensive ends, a linebacker, and at least a safety, maybe two. Heyward and Tuitt can play inside as DTs. Watt is athletic enough to convert to an OLB. Williams can man the middle in the base defense. I know its a lot of personnel changes, but I think the offense is set, so focusing on the defense in free agency and the draft is doable.

Hopefully Bell will either get paid or not be a pain in the neck if he is franchise tagged again.