1. Hi Guest, Registrations are now open. See you on the inside.
    Dismiss Notice

I wish it had been a MNF game.

Discussion in 'Steelers Talk' started by thorn058, Nov 7, 2011.

1. thorn058

thorn058 Well-Known Member

Oct 19, 2011
    As thrilling and frustrating as last night's game was I can't help but wish that it had been played on Monday night. If it had I would have had a better feeling about them winning no matter what. Going back into the Cowher era the Steelers have seemed to rule MNF. At one point I think they were 11-0 under Cowher and they just seemed to play better on primetime than they did at any other time. Now call it what you will, a rise in the teams fortunes, the caliber of players getting better, getting more primetime games due to having more wining seasons. It was a trend that seemed to have no end. Now of course eventually they did lose a game here or there but they still for the most part dominated on MNF. Now as the shift came from Monday night being the best match-up to focus more on Sunday night being the game of the week, the team seemed to be more average, with the win/loss record being closer to 50/50 while they still dominated MNF even under Tomlin. I have no idea why it is but I just know that had this been a Monday night game I think the trend continues and they win again. As far as Sunday night goes I almost dread playing then because it has been so hit and miss.

2. thorn058

thorn058 Well-Known Member

Oct 19, 2011
    bump*

Once again a Sunday noght game that was way closer than it need to be and how I wish it was a MNF game just so I had a better feeling about it.

3. bigsteelerfaninky

bigsteelerfaninky Well-Known Member

Oct 24, 2011
    not me I have to work on tuesday