1. Hi Guest, Registrations are now open. See you on the inside.
    Dismiss Notice

i will be the first sucker

Discussion in 'Steelers Talk' started by steel1031, Apr 27, 2019.

1. AFan

AFan Well-Known Member

Oct 24, 2011
    It's like this every year, the day after the honeymoon. I remember reading after '13 draft how Jarvis, Lev Bell, Markus Wheaton and Shamarko had solved all their problems. Well, Bell worked out for awhile.

Realistically, I'd expect Bush to start early on, and he'll likely contribute though he'll likely have his ups and downs. The rest? Even if they are good or great players they probably won't contibute much this year. This is a win now team. Bush aside I doubt the rest will do much to help this team go far in 2019.

I'm not bagging on any of these guys. I don't know squat about them, the top four seem like reasonable value at their draft position, but you usually don't see much production in year one. A caution, there seems to be super high expectations for Bush right away. How about a little patience if Superman should look like Clark Kent in the early going?

Last edited: Apr 28, 2019
    • Like Like x 1
  2. steelersrule6

steelersrule6 Well-Known Member

Nov 14, 2011
    Snell will play, Conner gets injured quite often. Diontae Johnson will also play he might beat out Eli and Switzer, Johnson might end up being the returner on special teams. Burns will probably get cut, so Layne will eventually get some playing time.

3. Smitch89

Smitch89 Well-Known Member

Sep 11, 2018
    Do u do anything besides comment on all my posts?.. Not a good look for ya

4. Smitch89

Smitch89 Well-Known Member

Sep 11, 2018
    Idk man. I don't get paid the big bucks to make those decisions.. Maybe draft Hakeem Butler over Johnson.. Or take winovich to pair with bush