1. Hi Guest, Registrations are now open. See you on the inside.
    Dismiss Notice

I watched the KC game from a hospital room

Discussion in 'Steelers Talk' started by Badboy212, Jan 16, 2017.

1. Badboy212

Badboy212 Well-Known Member

Oct 25, 2011
    Heres how life works- it's 90 minutes before kickoff, and we are celebrating my bday. Fam and friends coming over to watch game, drink and eat. I get a call from a woman, don't know how she got my number, that she's the manager at a BDubs in town. Says my dad has been found face down on the lot with injuries to his head? Moments later another call from a medic telling me my dad is bleeding from a head wound, and not sure if he was robbed, or hit by a car? I go to the hospital wondering what is going on? No lucky jersey, no game day attire, and I arrive to find my dad had 15 too many, left BDubs, walked outside and passed out hitting his head more than once. He awoke to some staples in his head, a headache, and me sitting in a chair watching the game pissed because I'm there missing my own party, and I can't yell as usual because the nurses would think somebody was dying. He was released just as AB caught the winning pass, and didn't know how he got there? He said " last I rememberthe Packers were winning." Anyway, I'm glad my season didn't end in the hospital, and my pops (he's 75) should be ok after staples and a unicorn bump. I told him he's grounded next Sunday, and has to stay home as I'm not missing my own party again, but then again it brought us luck so, hmmm? Lol, not a chance!

• Like Like x 2
  2. blountforcetrauma

blountforcetrauma Well-Known Member

Oct 23, 2011
    Dang! I don't know much about bar culture but is it common for them to let a 75 year old man leave by himself when he's clearly intoxicated? That just seems cruel to me that they would even keep serving him.

• Agree Agree x 1
  3. vlad582

vlad582 Well-Known Member

Jan 12, 2017
    Sorry to hear that brother, I hope he is doing well and has a speedy recovery!

4. Guest

Guest Guest

So sorry to hear about your dad, badboy, but happy to hear he is recovering nicely.

It's when stuff like this happens and we are now charged with taking care of our elderly parents that we realize what we put them through in our youth.

Invite your dad to your next party. He can have fun and you can keep an eye on him at the same time. :)

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  5. groutbrook

groutbrook

Oct 23, 2016
    Good luck man, I hope your pops is alright.

6. Thigpen82

Thigpen82 Bitter optimist

Oct 17, 2011
    Sorry to hear that. Hope he's ok.

I liked your last comment about bringing us luck though - will confess I was trying not to think the same as I was reading...

7. DSteelerCT

DSteelerCT Well-Known Member

Nov 15, 2011
    Glad he's doing well, but, and I'll probably get blasted for saying this, it's probably better he passed out than get behind the wheel...someone had to say it.

• Agree Agree x 1
  8. troybellringer55

troybellringer55 Well-Known Member

Nov 17, 2011
    Glad your Dad is OK. He might need to have 20 too many for us to take down the Pats. J/K!!!!