1. Hi Guest, Registrations are now open. See you on the inside.
    Dismiss Notice

I was right… DISASTER

Discussion in 'Steelers Talk' started by SDOT, Oct 2, 2022.

1. KnoxVegasSteel

KnoxVegasSteel Well-Known Member

Oct 21, 2011
    Of course I wasn't expecting superbowl. No need to be such an exaggerator. If you recall, they also finished with 3 losses down the stretch for another late season collapse which has been a Mike Tomlin hallmark. So no, not a rebound in my opinion.

• Like Like x 1
  2. steelersrule6

steelersrule6 Well-Known Member

Nov 14, 2011
    True, but Duck kind of melted down at the end, that Buffalo game was winnable but he threw 4 interceptions. Then the next game against the Jets he was terrible again.

3. KnoxVegasSteel

KnoxVegasSteel Well-Known Member

Oct 21, 2011
    I'll give you that. Duck had no business being on an NFL roster. To me, it speaks more to the failure of the FO to evaluate and bring in QB talent. I mean, we've all know that Ben was going to retire and probably stuck around a couple years too long. But, the options behind Ben over the past 4-5 years have been total garbage. Mason, mitch, Haskins, Dobbs, Duck, Landry Jones, Paxton lynch.

• Agree Agree x 4
    • Like Like x 1
  4. Formerscribe

Formerscribe Well-Known Member

Dec 18, 2016
    Neither did he.

5. Clive From PIT

Clive From PIT I don't often drink...but I'm starting to. Site Admin

Dec 14, 2015
    [​IMG]

• Hilarious Hilarious x 1
  6. SDOT

SDOT Well-Known Member

Aug 1, 2016
    1) Trubisky wasn't a "waste" Nobody expected Pickett to fall to us. The problem was if Tomlin had so much faith in Mitch. We could've passed on Pickett. See how far him and Willis fell. Get a QB next year. Basically if they had so much faith in Mitch then it wasn't like we had to draft a QB right away. But once you got the hometown hero. It was obvious the disaster ahead of us. Booing Mitch and cheering for Pickett. Then Tomlin doubles down on the terrible decision by making us watch one more half of Mitch and throwing in Pickett. Putting the nail in this season and we will see how Pickett develops after this disaster ahead.

2) Drafting a CB? Who's going to teach and develop them? Tomlin hasn't been able to do that in 15 years.

3) I think majority consensus last year was Canada sucked.

4) Claypool isn't being used properly. See #3. We will draft a WR every year with 2nd or 3rd round pick and just completely ignore our whole o-line leaving and all the glaring holes on defense.

5) Alualu, I didn't see that one coming tbh. For him to be completely useless. You should've made a thread.

I'm clearly ahead of you for Steelers HC job when Tomlin decides he finally wants to retire in 30 years.

7. S.T.D

S.T.D Well-Known Member

Dec 23, 2020
    Trubisky was a waste. We didn't know Haskins was going 2 pass, and Mason is better than Trubisky. I don't have to make a post about everything that I think.....everything I said is in the comments.

• Like Like x 1
  8. S.T.D

S.T.D Well-Known Member

Dec 23, 2020
    Most....most .....most....did
    Also I loved this book, and film for different reasons.

Last edited: Oct 6, 2022
    • Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  9. mikeyg

mikeyg Well-Known Member

Dec 23, 2020
    you and me both

:roflmao:

• Winner Winner x 1
  10. SDOT

SDOT Well-Known Member

Aug 1, 2016
    Mason sucks. Trubisky is better.

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Hilarious Hilarious x 1
  11. S.T.D

S.T.D Well-Known Member

Dec 23, 2020
    Right there proves...if You were hired....You better come to me. LoL :lolol:

• Like Like x 1
  12. SDOT

SDOT Well-Known Member

Aug 1, 2016
    I feel bad for Trubisky. He actually made some good throws in spots. WRs let him down especially DJ but that's a topic for another discussion. DJ gets that foot down in back of end zone and Mitch never gets benched.

The problem was it was clear as day Mitch wasn't inspiring anybody on that team. I'm not sure why Tomlin needed see another half of it but he did.

• Agree Agree x 1
  13. Formerscribe

Dec 18, 2016
    I think a big part of it was that Trubisky had played better in Week 3 than he did the first two. Tomlin saw progress and decided to wait to see if it continued. I had previously posted that Johnson probably got Trubisky benched. If he caught that pass early rather than letting it through his hands for an interception and if he hadn't been so sloppy with his footwork on the potential touchdown, I agree that he probably would have come back out as the starter for the second half.

• Agree Agree x 2
  14. steelersrule6

steelersrule6 Well-Known Member

Nov 14, 2011
    I don't know who thought Wallace was awesome, Buffalo made no attempt to re-sign him, the Steelers didn't pay him big money to be a starter here.

• Agree Agree x 1
  15. SuperSteelers

SuperSteelers Well-Known Member

Jan 10, 2018
    Willis McGahee is already calling Kenny Pickett a bust because according to him Kenny is a grown man who has already reached his ceiling coming out of college. McGahee also stated he hates the Steelers. Cracks me up. I think he is still holding a grudge about that AFCG where Ryan Clark laid him out at the end of that game. Bwahahahahaha

Last edited: Oct 9, 2022
    • Like Like x 2
  16. Steel Hog

Steel Hog Well-Known Member

Dec 6, 2017
    Not sure if any of the QBs that have been on this team over the past several years, other than BB, we're treated very well. Mitch gets added and next thing he knows we also use a #1 pick. Mason hangs around and is a decent backup and right when Ben leaves, he ends up not dressing even though many are booing Mitch at home. To me, how we've handled post Ben will not go down as one of our finest periods of personnel strategy. I was always under the impression that the Steelers drafted the best player available regardless of need. Did that get thrown out the window or was Pickett the 17th best player in the last draft? JMO>

17. Formerscribe

Dec 18, 2016
    The Steelers had the 20th overall pick, not 17th overall.

Intelligent teams always balance their needs with the best player available. I think that is what they did with Pickett, who was a legitimate first-round pick, but also a long-term need.

• Agree Agree x 1