1. Hi Guest, Registrations are now open. See you on the inside.
    Dismiss Notice

I was right… DISASTER

Discussion in 'Steelers Talk' started by SDOT, Oct 2, 2022.

1. SDOT

SDOT Well-Known Member

Aug 1, 2016
    Pickett should’ve started. We win if he does. I called Tomlin doing this and it was so stupid.

First off, too scared to announce the offense because Mitch would get booed. By the 2nd. Mitch is getting booed and the crowd is chanting Kenny.

Then Kenny comes in and the crowd loses their mind while the offense is out. Stupid.

Exactly why he should’ve started. Announce offense. Crowd goes crazy during intros. Not to mention we wasted the 1st half with Mitch. Whole thing was terribly managed. No momentum and thrown into a gauntlet of 4 games coming up. I called all this to a T in my Pickett should start thread.

Also, terribly timed Renegade. Renegade on kickoffs is the worst.

• Against The Rules Against The Rules x 1
  2. biggbunch68

biggbunch68

Apr 26, 2012
    [​IMG]

• Hilarious Hilarious x 9
    • Like Like x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  3. Mashburn

Mashburn Well-Known Member

Apr 30, 2021
    Him and benny love attention..... i would say more but I'm sure attention whore isn't allowed to be said here.

• Hilarious Hilarious x 3
    • Like Like x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  4. SDOT

SDOT Well-Known Member

Aug 1, 2016
    I wish Tomlin paid attention since I’m right a lot more than he is.

• Hilarious Hilarious x 3
    • Like Like x 1
  5. 86WardsWay

86WardsWay Well-Known Member

Dec 27, 2012

I'm certain they are going to fire MT at the end of the season and make that incredible phone call to you regarding the newly open position. I'm sure you will nail the interview with that incredible insight.

• Hilarious Hilarious x 10
    • Winner Winner x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  6. Mashburn

Mashburn Well-Known Member

Apr 30, 2021
    Every cry baby is eventually right about something. We could win;, yet another, ring, and you would be crying how you were right how the bench Warmer hurt your feelings.

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  7. SDOT

SDOT Well-Known Member

Aug 1, 2016
    I can’t wait. I hope for all our sakes this happens.

You act like I was randomly right once. I’ve been calling this disaster for 2-3 years from terrible draft picks, coaching decisions, roster decisions, etc.

I laid out exactly why Pickett needed to start. Pros/cons. What Tomlin would do. It was so predictable. He’s terrible at making decisions. He’s shown us this 1000 times. You should zig and he zags.

• Hilarious Hilarious x 1
  8. SteelerGlenn

SteelerGlenn

Nov 24, 2011
    May need a sponge for these tears.

• Hilarious Hilarious x 6
    • Like Like x 1
  9. FeartheBeard

FeartheBeard Well-Known Member

Oct 26, 2011
    Yeah - it would have been nice if he had made the decision to start Kenny prior to the third quarter for many reasons. Let's just hope he sticks with that decision, gives Kenny a full week of practice with the starters.

• Like Like x 3
  10. Formerscribe

Formerscribe Well-Known Member

Dec 18, 2016
    Did you predict Watt's injury? You do realize that is the difference between being 2-2 or 3-1 and 1-3, right?

No. You didn't. As usual, you are claiming a victory that isn't justified.

11. jeh1856

jeh1856 Beer is good

Oct 26, 2011
    I just saw a squirrel in the woods find a nut

He also predicted this and said he was right

He lost me when he started talking hockey

• Hilarious Hilarious x 8
    • Like Like x 2
  12. Karl

Karl Well-Known Member

Jan 19, 2022
    Maybe he could tell me where I left my car keys?

• Like Like x 3
  13. KnoxVegasSteel

KnoxVegasSteel Well-Known Member

Oct 21, 2011
    Magic 8 ball tell you that? This is really rich for a guy who is always so critical of other people's opinions to make a claim like this that is conjecture at best.

14. Formerscribe

Dec 18, 2016
    I'd ask who **** in your Wheaties this morning, but this is just you every day.

I would give him a lot more credit if he had pointed out that the Steelers would be screwed if Watt got hurt, but he didn't do that.

15. KnoxVegasSteel

Oct 21, 2011
    Seriously bro. How can you state definitively that if one player wasn't injured, we wouldn't have lost 2 out of 3 games??? That cannot be proven nor substantiated and you know it. It is purely opinion and to state it as fact is weak.

• Agree Agree x 2
  16. SteelerGlenn

SteelerGlenn

Nov 24, 2011
    Somebody wants to argue today

• Like Like x 1
  17. Steel_Elvis

Steel_Elvis Staff Member Mod Team

Nov 4, 2011
    No chance. They won’t let the new team president be the coach as well.

• Hilarious Hilarious x 2
  18. KnoxVegasSteel

Oct 21, 2011
    Shut up dork, nobody asked you. But good to see you nerds sticking together. Screenshot_20221003-114721_Chrome.jpg

• Like Like x 1
    • Hilarious Hilarious x 1
  19. Steelrules

Steelrules Well-Known Member

May 12, 2013
    Watt’s injury is unfortunate and could not have been predicted. What everyone saw was the lack of depth at the OLB position heading into the season. It came back and bit us in the rear

• Agree Agree x 2
  20. Formerscribe

Dec 18, 2016
    You don't think the best defensive player in the game makes enough difference to win at least one of those games, especially given the team's record with him and without him over the years?

Sounds to me like you are just looking for another argument.

21. Formerscribe

Dec 18, 2016
    That was my point. If he had been talking about the lack of depth and the teams over-reliance on two or three players on defense, I would have given his little victory dance some credit. He didn't, so I won't.

22. SDOT

SDOT Well-Known Member

Aug 1, 2016
    What does that have to do with anything? I’m talking about Pickett starting. I laid out exactly what would happen and it did. Mitch gets booed and people start chanting for Kenny. Kenny should’ve had 10 days to get ready with 1st team reps instead of 10 minutes. Ride the momentum of home fans and Jets win into tough stretch.

But no, Tomlin did what I knew he would because he’s terrible at making decisions. Mitch starts then throws Pickett in. We lose and now Pickett has a brutal stretch of games. He could go 0-4 as starter. That’s great for developing him or has to go back to Mitch.

Remember the thread “season defining - Pickett has to start”

I laid all this out. Tomlin doing what Tomlin does. Stupid!

23. Formerscribe

Dec 18, 2016
    Yeah, I don't read all of your "look at me" threads.

If Pickett can't handle adversity, that is something to learn now. I think he can. In fact, that was one of the things I liked about him coming out of college, that he overcame his struggles early in his Pitt career to become a Heisman Trophy finalist.

• Like Like x 1
  24. KnoxVegasSteel

Oct 21, 2011
    Of course I do. But I'm not going to state it as if something definitively would have happened had he played. None of us knows that for certain yet you stated it as a fact. It's a logical fallacy, which you probably know better than most. Not to mention, do you even realize how hypocritical you come across chastising someone for arguing when you are one of the most argumentative people on this entire MB?

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  25. HeinzMustard

HeinzMustard Well-Known Member

Nov 18, 2015
    I wonder how great the Rams D would do without Donald for an extended period of time?

• Agree Agree x 2