1. Hi Guest, Registrations are now open. See you on the inside.
    Dismiss Notice

I told you guys.

Discussion in 'Steelers Talk' started by jsteelers077, Dec 8, 2011.

1. jsteelers077

jsteelers077 Well-Known Member

Oct 24, 2011
    In a post awhile back i told you guys that Ben could get hurt at any time. We will not win with Batch. We need to go out ad look for a QB Ben might be out for several games if not the season that looked pretty ugly. Any ideas of who we could bring in?

2. BURGH43STEL

BURGH43STEL Well-Known Member

Oct 23, 2011
    Any player can be hurt on any play.

3. 4EvrH8O'donnel

4EvrH8O'donnel Well-Known Member

Nov 18, 2011
    When you pass 50 times agame against the number 31 D then that is what you get.
    Fire BA NOW!

4. jsteelers077

jsteelers077 Well-Known Member

Oct 24, 2011
    I was meaning that because of his injury we have no back up QB because we refuse to up grade our OL and refuse to draft young QBs to play back up or hell at least sign a guy from Free agency that is 25 years younger than Batch this guy has no reason being a back up QB.

5. merlin111

merlin111 Active Member

Nov 3, 2011
    odds that kellen moore is around late enough in the draft to bring in as bens back up? Would love to see that happen but am not holding my breath.

6. KnoxVegasSteel

KnoxVegasSteel Well-Known Member

Oct 21, 2011
    What ever happened to LeFevour? Wish he was our BU. CB needs to retire and DD needs to go on the unemployment line. And Leftwich? He needs to go back to hang out with his buddies Fat Albert and the junkyard gang. They miss him.

7. diesel

diesel Well-Known Member

Nov 15, 2011
    Need to go after the QB from ASU. Perfect fit for the STiller system

Brock Osweiler

8. edog55

edog55 Well-Known Member

Oct 17, 2011
    I'm with the draft Kellen Moore idea. I think he will bbe around in the 3rd round. If he is their, I think they should draft him. They need a Nose Guard in the first, a Safety in the second, a QB in the 3rd, and a running back in the forth. They need to take their time with the running back search because they shouldn't re-sign Mendenhall.

I think Kellen Moore would be a great choice to draft. They should make Charlie Batch the QB coach when Randy Fichtner leaves for the college ranks. They need to get rid of Leftwhich. Waste no more time on him. He is also too injury prone. His time is up. They should try to keep Dixon for at least one more year because he knows the offense. The plan should be to keep three QB's next year on the roster, Ben, Dixon, and the rookie draftee.

9. Thigpen82

Thigpen82 Bitter optimist

Oct 17, 2011
    There was another thread where this was being discussed. And I'll make the same point: every year we have QBs coming in for try-outs, and every year we stick with Batch, DD and Leftwich. So they must be doing something right that the others aren't (whatever that something is).

Batch didn't look good last night - but last season, when they knew he was starting, they did ok.

That said, I do think we need to get a new back up in. The difference in our offense across the board when Ben came back in was noticeable.

10. mdbates2

mdbates2 Well-Known Member

Nov 3, 2011
    We won't win with Batch? Didn't the Steelers go 3-1 with Batch/Dixon in 2010? Hasn't he won clutch games in the past? I think when Batch has the proper preparation, he's very capable. He's no Big Ben, but I think he can run the offense if Ben has to sit. It is a matter of preparation and game plan, which for whatever it is worth, the Steelers seem to be good at that when they are planning for someone other than Ben.

11. defva

defva Well-Known Member

Oct 19, 2011
    We definitely need a bonefide backup qb.dixon,batch,leftwich are all taking up valuable roster spots

12. bigsteelerfaninky

bigsteelerfaninky Well-Known Member

Oct 24, 2011
    I hope we can steal Brandon Weeden, QB, Oklahoma State in the late rounds

13. RobertoC#21

RobertoC#21 Well-Known Member

Nov 24, 2011
    I agree we need some younger talent at back up QB. Batch looked very rusty and slow. I also agree he had no prep time, but he is 14 or 15 year vet and knows how to play this game. So thats no excuse for how bad he looked. Ben looked better on one leg than Charlie did on two. I am not bashing CB, because I do think he has been a very reliable backup , but his time appears to have come and if thats what he has left, off the bench, with no prep, I dont see much difference in he or I in that regard...LOL. I am 46 years old, but I can hand off to the RB's and I still have a pretty good arm. I can throw a football 50 yards still....this is all in jest of course, I am not saying I can play better than CB, there just seemed to be a very noticable difference in Charlie and Ben, even after Ben was hurt!

14. jsinohio

jsinohio Member

Oct 18, 2011

Now that's some funny &hit right there...I don't care who you are!! :roflmao:

15. freakfontana

freakfontana

Oct 19, 2011
    we need a offensive guard and ilb in the first two rounds

16. RobVos

RobVos Well-Known Member

Oct 16, 2011
    Yea, I was wondering the same, didn't the steeler work him out? I also thought I heard AB mention him in the post game.

17. CaBurghfan

CaBurghfan Well-Known Member

Oct 17, 2011
    Ryan Lindley out of San Diego State, later rounds. He still managed to have an okay year, after losing his top 2 recievers to the NFL. Big, strong, just needs a little accuracy work. But, with all freshman and sophomore receivers this year, they must have has 30-40 dropped balles, which hurt his percentage. 3 or 4 a game.

18. oldschool

oldschool Well-Known Member

Oct 19, 2011
    Yeah, I fell out when I read that....