1. Hi Guest, Registrations are now open. See you on the inside.
    Dismiss Notice

I thought Kap, Cam and Wilson were all better QBs then Ben....

Discussion in 'Steelers Talk' started by Watt Wack, Jun 26, 2018.

1. shaner82

shaner82 Well-Known Member

Oct 16, 2011
    I really don't recall people saying those guys were better than Ben.

An argument could absolutely be made that Wilson is better than Ben. Wilson has an absolute dog **** team around him and he literally carries them every single game. Ben has numerous stars around him to help elevate his game. It's amusing that people think Bell and Brown wouldn't be studs on another team, of course they would. It also doesn't hurt having a great Oline like we do. It's hard to compare players for various reasons, but an argument could be made for either player to be better.

Cam isn't the better player. He's more explosive for sure and his upside is perhaps higher than anyone out there due to his ability to rush for 100+ years and throw for 400, but he's wildly inconsistent and when he needs to stand in the pocket and make that one throw, he often doesn't get the job done. He is a arrogant prick when he's winning and a whiny ***** when he's losing.

Kaep had a very short career so he's not even in the discussion. Who knows what he could have done if he had a long career and quite frankly, I don't care. He made his bed, he can sleep in it and rot.

• Hilarious Hilarious x 1
  2. AFan

AFan Well-Known Member

Oct 24, 2011
    But to sponge off another thread. Ben has only won 3 playoff games since 2010, Wilson has won 8.
    But that's Mike Tomlin's fault I guess

3. TuRnDoWnForWaTT

TuRnDoWnForWaTT Well-Known Member

Jan 1, 2018
    What is with the random link? You worried about Cam Newton sneaking into the country and raping our women?

Cam Newtons monster seasons can not be summarized by looking at just his passing numbers. Im not saying hes as good as Ben. Im just saying hes been a solid QB throughout his career. And he has done so with subpar offensive talent around him.

Last edited by a moderator: Jul 3, 2018
  4. TuRnDoWnForWaTT

Jan 1, 2018
    Sure it is. Its not all on Tomlin, but a lot of it is.

• Against The Rules Against The Rules x 1
  5. AFan

AFan Well-Known Member

Oct 24, 2011
    Well, if Ben's 13 regular season wins over Wilsons paltry 9 are an indication of his superior performance, doesn't Tomlin get credit for that? Since we can dismiss Wilsons 8-3 playoff Edge over Ben as largely. Tomlin's doing.

You seem like a reasonably smart guy, do you believe was Ben was 13-0 last yr, and Tomlin was 0-3 and 0-1 in the playoffs?

Last edited: Jun 28, 2018
  6. TuRnDoWnForWaTT

Jan 1, 2018
    I give Tomlin plenty credit for his wins. But he also deserves plenty of blame for his failures. I personally felt like Tomlin was having a banner year as a head coach last year. But he ruined it all by completely mismanaging our biggest game of the season. Im not talking about the over-looking teams nonsense. Im talking about horrible strategic errors that cost us that game. Sometimes his lack of knowledge in terms of football concepts is staggering.

It wasnt just last year. Look at 2014. We went the whole season with 3 backs on the roster. One of those backs was Dri Archer who was a waste of a roster spot. So we basically only had two capable backs. When Bell went down we were left scrambling for a running back. We ended up signing Ben freaking Tate to start a playoff game off his couch!! Everyone knew RB depth was a problem that year. But Tomlin chose to ignore the problem and it helped cost the Steelers its playoff game that year. Who knows what could have happened if the Steelers beat the Ravens that year.

Look at 2016. Is there anyone alive that thought playing zone all game long vs Tom Brady was a sound strategy? Thats what Tomlin did.

Im more than willing to give Tomlin his due. He has been a successful coach. But if your looking for a reason we exit the playoffs with a loss every year, the buck stops with Tomlin.

• Agree Agree x 2
  7. Steelers89

Steelers89 Well-Known Member

Oct 1, 2016
    Do you recall what happened in the AFC title game that season? That's what likely would've happened....fml....

8. Watt Wack

Watt Wack Well-Known Member

Jul 29, 2017
    It was a random link. Any how, I'm not saying Cam is garbage, just that at one point I thought he was better than Ben and I don't think he is. He is immensely talented but he seems soft mentally in some ways.

9. TuRnDoWnForWaTT

Jan 1, 2018
    I never at any point thought Cam was better than Ben. I think Ben is a once in a lifetime player. His accuracy at times is scary good. I agree, Cam is soft mentally. Unfortunately the same can be said for Ben at times also. If you added the work ethic of Tom Brady and the attitude of Peyton Manning to Ben he would be the greatest QB of all time by far.

10. FootballAnalyst98

FootballAnalyst98 Well-Known Member

Jan 23, 2018
    They literally had ZERO running game last yr and he led the nfl in passing tds..

• Agree Agree x 1
  11. FootballAnalyst98

Jan 23, 2018
    Had he won that sb in 2016 it may have been a debate if cam was the best player in the nfl with how dominant he was. But no I wouldnt take him over ben.

12. HeinzMustard

HeinzMustard Well-Known Member

Nov 18, 2015
    Russell Wilson is underrated. Period. I can see him winning at least 1 more Super Bowl before he's finished. Seattle drafted great on defense years ago... if they can provide Wilson with some weapons, Seahawks will be a force again. Seahawks need a better O-line, too.

• Agree Agree x 1
  13. jeh1856

jeh1856 Beer is good

Oct 26, 2011
    Based on the posts on this MB, that’s the take I’m getting.

14. Watt Wack

Watt Wack Well-Known Member

Jul 29, 2017
    If me Auntie had bollocks she'd be me uncle. And it wasn't just that he lost - great QBs have lost a SB: Elway, Manning, Ben, Marino, Favre, Warner.

He also pouted like a 5-year-old, and had a fumble laying right in front of him, before the game was decided, and chose to not even try to fall on it. Just looked at it. That was an indictment on his character.

15. FootballAnalyst98

Jan 23, 2018
    Other than Marino in 84 and manning in 16 in their respective years they didn't completely dominate the year where it would be literally no debate as to who was the best in the NFL.