1. Hi Guest, Registrations are now open. See you on the inside.
    Dismiss Notice

I think the Steelers will trade Dan Moore

Discussion in 'Steelers Talk' started by steelersrule6, May 11, 2024.

1. Da Stellars

Da Stellars Well-Known Member

Oct 22, 2011

These days, I wouldn't put it past a player to refuse to play RT due to the money ... that is the reason Orlando Brown Jr immediately wanted out of Baltimore.

2. Steelresolve

Steelresolve Well-Known Member

Apr 16, 2022
    You finally got one right Sunshine.

3. AskQuestionsLater

AskQuestionsLater Writing Team

Apr 21, 2016
    If nothing else, how Dan Moore has handled these past two seasons has been nothing short of impressive. Back to back selections of a position that the team deems necessary to upgrade and you (this case being Dan Moore) being deemed not good enough should have made him feel very enraged and conceited. For all we know, Moore is very pissed off at the current state of affairs. That all said though, the way he has and is portraying himself is a testament to one of his endearing qualities; a true professional.

Moore could have taken the Pickett route and said "to hell with it" shortly after the 2024 Draft. However, much like he did with Broderick Jones, he openly accepted Troy Fautanu with nothing but respect. In an age where self righteousness and narcissism dominate sports, it is refreshing to see there are others who will go out of their way assist those either new to the Pros or are in need; doubly so if said players are their competition.

While Dan Moore will likely be placed on the bench come the start of the 2024 Season, unless there is another alternative available, Moore getting traded isn't happening barring an extreme offer the Steelers simply cannot refuse. Dude is a professionals profenssional; a class act in every sense of the word. Given how young the Steelers Offense has been getting, players like Moore have more value to them than others give them credit for.

In short?! Super Bowl aspiring teams have someone like a Dan Moore on their squad; not the most talented but the most dependable team player.

• Like Like x 3
  4. steelersrule6

steelersrule6 Well-Known Member

Nov 14, 2011
    We will find out how professional he is come training camp if he gets benched, with him playing a premier position and going into the last year of his contract, I wouldn't blame him if he asked to be traded.

5. Formerscribe

Formerscribe Well-Known Member

Dec 18, 2016
    That you agree with me makes me reconsider, rain.

• Hilarious Hilarious x 1
  6. mcam

mcam Well-Known Member

Feb 5, 2017
    All I see is fans suggesting he wants traded. Haven't heard anything other than speculation thus far

• Like Like x 1
  7. Brice

Brice Well-Known Member

Jul 18, 2018
    Then why was Dotson traded last year? I thought it was a stupid decision not to keep Dotson last year as the backup Guard, but Khan traded him anyway for some magic beans and a pick swap. Trading Dotson last year created a huge hole in their Bench. Players want to go somewhere they can be given a fair shot at winning a starting job.

Do you think Moore gets a fair shot to keep his LT job this year?

8. AskQuestionsLater

Apr 21, 2016

Dotson being traded had nothing to do with him not wanting to be here. Dotson was traded because he was a poor fit schematically. That said though, the Dotson trade should have never happened had Tomlin just kept Dotson at his natural spot at Right Guard as opposed to having James Daniel's at Center.

Don't believe me?! Go look at how well he has produced in Los Angeles; netting one of the highest ever contracts in NFL History among guards.

• Winner Winner x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
  9. AskQuestionsLater

Apr 21, 2016

If this were the case, he could have easily asked out last year as the Steelers drafted Broderick Jones. Mind you, Dan Moore did fend off Broderick and won the starting role as a Left Tackle. Broderick had to settle for Right as Chuks got into Tomlins doghouse.

• Agree Agree x 1
  10. Steel_Elvis

Steel_Elvis Staff Member Mod Team

Nov 4, 2011
    I would love to find a way to keep Dan Moore as part of the roster, except as our starting LT. He has been, by all accounts, a really good teammate. I’m just not seeing a pathway there. If he plays out his contract this year, I see someone offering him a chance to compete for the LT spot. At least a one year ($5 million+) opportunity to start for a needy team. If he believes in his ability to be a good NFL LT he needs to go elsewhere and continue to work hard to improve because it hasn’t worked out well here (on the field anyway).

• Like Like x 1
  11. Formerscribe

Dec 18, 2016
    As AQL wrote, they handled Dotson poorly and he should be a starting guard for them right now. That said, no, the trade did not create a huge hole on their bench. They had Herbig on the bench. They don't have a comparable third tackle if they trade Moore.

• Agree Agree x 2
  12. Formerscribe

Dec 18, 2016
    I think he can be a good right tackle, but I don't know if he can ever be a good enough pass protector on the blind side. He needs to learn to wipe with the other hand.

13. strummerfan

strummerfan Well-Known Member

May 9, 2012
    No. It didn’t “create a huge hole in our bench”. We had already signed a starting left guard and a backup. Stop with your fairytale fantasy land bull****

• Agree Agree x 2
  14. S.T.D

S.T.D Well-Known Member

Dec 23, 2020
    All I know....is He was thrust into the starting role as rookie, has gotten better every year, and I was told how He would lose his job last year, and yet nobody has taken His job from Him as we speak. So even if He does get finally beaten out......that would prove to Me He has a role on the team. Again....is He the best LT I've seen.....No....,, but he is not even close to as bad as some are trying to say, but then again.....I was on the game day threads when the Qb would role right into the Guy He was blocking, and some would say.....See Moore sucks.....LoL

15. mikeyg

mikeyg Well-Known Member

Dec 23, 2020

this is the NFL, happens every single season.

• Agree Agree x 1
  16. Brice

Brice Well-Known Member

Jul 18, 2018
    Dotson would have made a better backup Guard than Herbig last year, if someone would have been injured.

I wasn't talking about the RG Dotson that showed up in Los Angeles, just from a bench perspective, I thought Dotson should have been the Steelers backup guard last year. To me Dan Moore is in the exact same situation as Kevin Dotson was last year. A former starter that is going to loses his job if he stays here in Pittsburgh.

And, I still like Dylan Cook to be the swing tackle this year as he can play both sides.

17. Formerscribe

Dec 18, 2016
    It's not the same situation because Herbig was a proven competent option as the first guard off the bench. Assuming Jones and Fautanu start, they don't have an option like that other than Moore.

• Agree Agree x 2
  18. Brice

Brice Well-Known Member

Jul 18, 2018
    You are not going to trade Dan Moore now. Like last year with Dotson when they took all of preseason to see what Nate Herbig was capable of, they will take a long look at Dylan Cook to see what they are capable of.

Like I said, I think Dylan Cook will when the Swing Tackle job and Dan Moore will be gone. Not thrilled to hear that they were not letting Fautanu play his natural position of LT in mini camp. Fautanu's pass blocking abilities are so much better than Jones, and I would think you would want your best pass blocking tackle at LT.

• Agree Agree x 1
  19. oldschool

oldschool Well-Known Member

Oct 19, 2011
    No but Moore is the last or very close to the last ranked LTs in the league. I still don’t think they get anything better than a 6th for him.

He’s a good back up option.

• Agree Agree x 1
  20. steelersrock151

steelersrock151 Well-Known Member

Nov 18, 2011
    I don't get it.
    Moore said he can't play right tackle. He's a left tackle only.
    Broderick Jones played left tackle all through college. When he was asked to play right tackle, he played right tackle.
    Fauntanu played left tackle all through college. When he is asked to play right tackle, he plays right tackle.
    Dylan Cook played left tackle all through college. He is viewed as our best option at "swing tackle".
    Mason McCormick was a right guard in college. He's working at right and left guard and center.
    Someone explain to me why every young player can play multiple positions but Moore.

21. mac daddyo

mac daddyo Well-Known Member

Oct 22, 2011
    yet our first round pick couldn't beat him out last year. :cool:

• Winner Winner x 1
  22. Formerscribe

Dec 18, 2016
    Where do you get this idea that Fautanu is a better pass blocker than Jones? He isn't. The only thing I can imagine is you are comparing just last season, forgetting that Jones was facing NFL defenders and Fautanu was playing college guys. From what I read, Fautanu had some struggles against top guys, including Laiatu Latu.

Versatility is one of Fauntanu's strengths. There was a lot of talk of him being able to play any position along the line as a pro, so there should be little issue with him playing right tackle.

• Agree Agree x 1
  23. Formerscribe

Dec 18, 2016
    That is one way to look at it. A more accurate one is that they Okorafor sucked and they needed to get him out of the lineup. The veteran (Moore) wasn't comfortable with right tackle. Also, putting Jones in at right tackle meant they only had a change at one position, not two if they put him in at left and moved Moore. There were factors at play other than who was the better left tackle.

• Like Like x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  24. mac daddyo

mac daddyo Well-Known Member

Oct 22, 2011
    there are also articles about moore helping jones throughout camp and helping his transition to the pro's. moore started day 1. jones is probably the better athlete but we haven't seen him at LT yet. he got rolled on his butt a few times at RT during his season. tough for any rookie to just step in and play right off the bat. moore did do it and has done it for 3 seasons now. he's a little better than many make him out to be.:cool:

• Winner Winner x 1
  25. Formerscribe

Dec 18, 2016
    Maybe, but he's among the league's worst left tackles in pass protection. Yes, he is better than whatever veterans they had when he was a rookie, but that doesn't mean he is good enough to keep starting there now that they have options.