1. Hi Guest, Registrations are now open. See you on the inside.
    Dismiss Notice

I think the Steelers will trade Dan Moore

Discussion in 'Steelers Talk' started by steelersrule6, May 11, 2024.

1. steelersrule6

steelersrule6 Well-Known Member

Nov 14, 2011
    The Steelers want volunteers not hostages.

2. Formerscribe

Formerscribe Well-Known Member

Dec 18, 2016
    That mentality is not working well for them. It never has.

3. steelersrule6

Nov 14, 2011
    It worked out well for them in trading Pickett, that third round pick they got from the Eagles allowed them to draft Payton Wilson.

• Like Like x 1
  4. strummerfan

strummerfan Well-Known Member

May 9, 2012
    It’s a little early to be making that claim.

• Agree Agree x 3
  5. Animus

Animus Well-Known Member

Dec 30, 2020
    Unless Fautanu can start week 1, I'm not moving him. Ideally the backup T is a swing T, and Dan Moore isn't that. Steelers OL has been extremely lucky these past two years in the injury front and that luck isn't likely to continue, I think having Moore for depth is very important even if if isn't a swing T, albeit teams typically keep 9 linemen and Moore could ultimately be an odd man out. It's kinda tough to foresee what the Steelers do with Moore.

6. Jball

Jball Well-Known Member

Jan 1, 2012
    I think the only way to get value is a player swap, plus maybe a pick.

He is a proven, serviceable LT. Those aren't easy to find.

Could be a piece in a trade for a WR.

7. Pappy928

Pappy928 Well-Known Member

Sep 5, 2019
    I wouldn't trade him. Maybe talk trade in season when deadline comes around and you get desperate teams willing to give up more than the worth.

8. Brice

Brice Well-Known Member

Jul 18, 2018
    Dylan Cook is your swing tackle this year They kept him on the active roster all last year so nobody could claim him. And unlike Dan Moore he says he can play both LT and RT.

This is what I see on the Bench for Game Day.
    Dylan Cook - Swing Tackle
    Mason Mcormick - Backup Center/Guard Combo.
    Spencer Anderson - Jack of all trades.

Inactives:
    Either Nate Herbig or Dan Moore. Whoever is left on the 53 man roster.

Last edited: May 11, 2024
  9. DJ18Baller

DJ18Baller Well-Known Member

Dec 8, 2021
    That’s not the Tomlin Way

10. steelersrule6

Nov 14, 2011
    Nah, Payton is going to be one of the steals of the draft :thumbs_up:.

11. Quadrupleyoi

Quadrupleyoi Well-Known Member

Dec 23, 2017
    It would not surprise me if they traded him, but only if someone more suited to being what they need (a swing tackle) becomes available, and if Jones and Fautanu look like they will do the job at L and R tackle.
    A third rounder for Moore could only come if they put an expansion team in Somerset, because that is where any GM who would cough up a third for Moore should be sent.

Note: for people not from the Western Pa. area, telling someone they should be sent to Somerset used to be one of the worst things you could say, even worse than calling them a jagoff. Basically you are saying they are crazy. If you say “You oughta be sent to Somerset! to someone of a certain age”, you had best be ready to defend yourself. The expression is not used much any more, and those of the present generation may not have ever heard it.

Last edited: May 11, 2024
    • Like Like x 1
  12. Da Stellars

Da Stellars Well-Known Member

Oct 22, 2011
    Who is the swing tackle then?

Who says Dan can’t play RT … all we know is he wasn’t asked to play there, he was thrust into the LT position after an injury. He is a vet, if he has an offseason to work at it, I bet he could do it.

• Agree Agree x 1
  13. Formerscribe

Dec 18, 2016
    He has expressed his discomfort with moving to right tackle. He was asked to work there during the preseason last year. It seems like a more natural fit for a tackle who excels in run blocking, but struggles in pass protection. Money could also be a factor. Left tackles are paid a lot more.

14. Brice

Brice Well-Known Member

Jul 18, 2018
    Dan says he can't play RT. He says it is like wiping your but with the wrong hand.

This is a job, you can always tell your employer "No", if he is asking you to do something you believe will decrease your value to the rest of the world. I wish Dotson would have told the Steelers to kick rocks when they made him move from the RG to the LG position for Trae Turner.

15. strummerfan

May 9, 2012
    No. Dan moore did not say he can’t play rt. That’s what people like yourself like to add.

• Agree Agree x 1
  16. strummerfan

May 9, 2012
    Maybe, maybe not. Unlike some around here I’m not one to count my chickens before they hatch

• Agree Agree x 1
  17. steelersrock151

steelersrock151 Well-Known Member

Nov 18, 2011
    See: AB Trade. Also: Martavis Bryant trade. Also: Chase Claypool Trade.

18. strummerfan

May 9, 2012

Y’all crack me up with the pff rankings.

• Winner Winner x 1
  19. Formerscribe

Dec 18, 2016
    See LaGarrette Blount. See James Harrison. If you think letting the inmates run the asylum is a good idea, best of luck with that approach.

Did Claypool ask for a trade? I don't remember that. Claypool was them trading a disappointing player.

Bryant wasn't traded just because he asked out. He had already been suspended a full season before that. There were other issues.

Last edited: May 13, 2024
  20. steelersrock151

steelersrock151 Well-Known Member

Nov 18, 2011
    My point is that we got rid of, and got real value for, players who were past their "best by" date. The whole point is you saying that the "volunteers not hostages" thing isn't working out. And it has.
    And remind me, what did Blount and Harrison accomplish after they left?

21. Formerscribe

Dec 18, 2016
    Thank you for making my argument for me. The Steelers traded Bryant because it was best for them, not because he wanted out, so it isn't just a matter of volunteers instead of hostages. That statement doesn't apply at all to Claypool, either.

The very year Blount got the Steelers to cut him, 2014, he helped the Patriots win the Super Bowl. He ran for 148 yards and three touchdowns in the AFC Championship team. The Patriots most likely got away with tampering with Blount. Because the Steelers didn't want hostages, they handed a conference rival they help they needed at running back. How do you not see that he is the best example of the "volunteers not hostages" blowing up in the Steelers faces?

Blount had a rough 2015, but he ran for 1,161 yards and a league-leading 18 touchdowns in 2016, when they won the Super Bowl again. He also played on the Eagles' championship team the year after, so Blount accomplished quite a bit after the Steelers foolishly gave him away for nothing.

Harrison had two sacks in a playoff game for the Patriots after the Steelers cut him loose. Both players should have been benched and/or suspended rather than cut.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  22. S.T.D

S.T.D Well-Known Member

Dec 23, 2020
    I totally agree with the Blount one. He should have been left to rot instead of giving NE what they wanted

• Like Like x 1
  23. Formerscribe

Dec 18, 2016
    I think of that one every time I hear about "volunteers, not hostages." I picture Bill Belichick laughing his ass of at the Steelers' expense as the Patriots signed Blount.

• Agree Agree x 1
  24. Brice

Brice Well-Known Member

Jul 18, 2018
    If they trade Dan Moore away, it will be the same type of trade they did last year with Dotson. Pick Swap, with the Steelers moving up a couple of rounds. Like Dotson, Moore has been the starter, but is being demoted to backup.

The Steelers acquired the Rams fourth-round pick in the 2024 NFL Draft and their fifth-round pick in the 2025 NFL Draft. The Rams received Dotson, as well as the Steelers fifth-round pick in the 2024 NFL Draft and sixth-round pick in the 2025 NFL Draft.

25. HeinzMustard

HeinzMustard Well-Known Member

Nov 18, 2015
    I agree with those who say.... keep Moore for 1 more year. He will provide quality depth at LT.... and he could likely play LG or RT if he had to.

• Like Like x 1