1. Hi Guest, Registrations are now open. See you on the inside.
    Dismiss Notice

I think our defense is going to be pretty good

Discussion in 'Steelers Talk' started by bigbenhotness, Apr 29, 2019.

1. AskQuestionsLater

AskQuestionsLater Writing Team

Apr 21, 2016
    I personally would not count the Chiefs out just yet. While Mecole Hardman out of Georgia is not Tyreek Hill in terms of speed, 4.33 is still good enough to take the top off of a defense. Do not discount the addition of Frank Clark. Him and Chris Jones are going to cause issues.

Now, whether or not Juan Thornhill, Tanoh Kpassagnon, Tyrann Mathieu (health dependant) and others can gel quickly is another issue. One thing is for certain though. So long as Patrick Mahomes is healthy, Kansas City remains a contender.

2. AskQuestionsLater

Apr 21, 2016

I understsnd these are hand times from the NFL Scouting Combine. Also, everything is electronically timed the same. Keep in mind though, some things are more put into prospective than others.

If this is truly to be believed by many, then it some ways (although not officially confirmed), Devin Bush Jr. is a lot faster than we know.

• Like Like x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  3. AFan

AFan Well-Known Member

Oct 24, 2011
    Funnier still, the Steelers lose their best RB and WR and all I hear is how they'll be better.

• Hilarious Hilarious x 1
  4. AskQuestionsLater

Apr 21, 2016

Both Conner and JuJu were Pro Bowlers. I believe they can continue to develop. Popularity contest or otherwise, they have earned their recognition. Add both Jaylen and James and that further aguments Pittsburgh's offensive capabilities.

Kansas City now as a fallback plan in Mecole Hardman out of Georgia. I do not see one for them unless they are opting for Spencer Ware and Damien Williams to be a "Thunder and Lightning" duo. Beyond them, Travis Kelce cannot do it all alone. Chris Conely is a nice addition but he is not the game breaking force Tyreek Hill was.

Wild Card here is Sammy Watkins. Can he complete a 16 Game Season?! Time to find out.

• Agree Agree x 1
  5. SteelersFanIrl

SteelersFanIrl Well-Known Member

Mar 3, 2019
    Conley went to the Jags recently so they have lost him too

I do agree Kansas could be in bit of a soft rebuild and might struggle in 2019. Hunt was a big loss but losing Hill too is a killer. The guy terrifies defences and makes you game plan for him. Even if Hardman turns out to be good it will take time, Hill mainly returned kicks in his first year iirc.

They have also torn up their defence and settling in all those new players in a new scheme will take time. I would not be shocked to see them regress in 2019 and miss the playoffs. Chargers could take that division.

6. Busman

Busman

Oct 18, 2011
    They may not be better on the field but the locker room will be better and at least have a different most positive vibe. As dumb as Tomlins cliches are I really like his use of the word cleansing when referring to the likes of AB and Bell lol

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  7. AskQuestionsLater

Apr 21, 2016

Ah. I see. I was looking at the 2018 Roster. 2019 has not been set yet. Thank you for that! :)

As for your final statement regarding Los Angeles taking the division, for Phillip Rivers case, I hope he does. He is running out of time to do so. This could potentially be his last chance.

8. thesteeldeal

thesteeldeal Well-Known Member

Oct 18, 2011
    His poor wife has to be thinking the same thing....

• Hilarious Hilarious x 2
  9. AskQuestionsLater

Apr 21, 2016

Would not blame her if she was. Nevermind the amount of hits he takes. The amount of strain he has, a father of eight I believe (possibly nine though not quite sure), has to be immense.

• Like Like x 1
  10. thesteeldeal

thesteeldeal Well-Known Member

Oct 18, 2011
    I wasn't talking about his strain :hehehe:

• Hilarious Hilarious x 3
  11. AskQuestionsLater

Apr 21, 2016

[​IMG]

• Like Like x 2