1. Hi Guest, Registrations are now open. See you on the inside.
    Dismiss Notice

i still can't believe

Discussion in 'Steelers Talk' started by 56IZABEAST, Jan 11, 2012.

1. 56IZABEAST

56IZABEAST Member

Oct 26, 2011
    We had the ball at the denver 45 with 1 timeout with :29 and wound up at our own 35 at the end of that last drive. 10 to 12 more yards and i think suisham hits a fg, not easy but very makeable in that stadium.

Whats worse is we threw the pass to brown that got us to our 37 with 1:04, we took the next snap at :33. The let :27 run off the clock. Why the hell didn't they take their second timeout right away. The we throw the next pass to the denver 45 and it only took 4 seconds. Time management was so f'ed up at the end and its not the first time tomlin lets this happen.

2. shaner82

shaner82 Well-Known Member

Oct 16, 2011
    Tomlin has no idea how to manage the clock and neither does Ben. It's embarassing really. Perhaps Tomlin should call up his mentor Dungy and get some pointers.

3. 56IZABEAST

56IZABEAST Member

Oct 26, 2011
    I guarantee a draw in that situation would've netted at least 7 to 8 yards. We coulda either hurried and spiked it or just called the last timeout then, but what do we do, drop back and get sacked to boot. Its easy to say this and that now but 29 secons with one timeout, needing about 10 more yards is a lifetime of time. Also I'd love to see what the route tree was for that particular pass play. Hrd for me to believe that if u sent 3 players on hooks or 2 on out routes and one hook route that we don't gain ten yards, being that we gained 35 on the previous 2 plays.

4. colsteveaustin

colsteveaustin Well-Known Member

Oct 17, 2011
    Your right! Unfortunately,We can't go back in time and change what happened.I'm pissed at the way we stalled on that last drive with a little over a minute left also.It's over.Still hurts,But it will get better.We have a top notch organization. GO STEELERS!!