1. Hi Guest, Registrations are now open. See you on the inside.
    Dismiss Notice

I need everyones opinions on this, its long but please read

Discussion in 'Steelers Talk' started by petekoutromanos, Jan 23, 2017.

1. petekoutromanos

petekoutromanos Well-Known Member

Jan 2, 2012
    I know we lost blah blah blah, but what I dont understand from this is the following. We all now are gonna be talking about we need another CB , TE etc etc, that's why we lost. Others will say its the gameplan,schemes etc. Supposedly this is a copycat league right? I believe we have pretty good talent all around, top picks on the oline,all world receiver,all world rb, great QB, decent talent on the defense or at least comparable to the other final 4 teams correct. On the other hand the Patriots, have a great QB, a makeshift o-line, a bunch of wide outs who were cut from other teams, nothing to brag about, Blount an ok rb nothing great, a bunch of no namers on defense etc .The Patriots change their coordinators every year we on the other hand have pretty good coordinators in Hailey, Butler, Munchack ,Tomlin etc

I know I'm dragging this out but how the hell do they always beat us by this much, every year.Why on gods green earth do we not copy what they do offensively. Do you mean to tell me Ben cant throw 5 yard dinks to the outside to Brown, Rogers etc. Its like I leave this game, and I'm scratching my head like we need Hulk Hogan for wr, why draft one when you can just grab a guy that no one wants and he can get you 180 yards. Why pay Bell top money, when you can go get Blount type for nothing ,why pay Decastro or Pouncey any money at all, a 6th round draft pick can do that.On defense, as soon as one of ours guys gets good, Shazier for example ,let him walk and replace him with a no namer and that will work just fine.It seems like if we have pro bowlers on every position, we still will play a game that the Patriots will beat us and we will find 100 excuses as to why. Tomlin sucks, Butler sucks, Bren sucks ,AB etc etc.Is it possible this new NFL is scripted in a way to have these results. Is it me or does it seem like the players win or loose they could give a rats ass. AB is smiling on the sidelines, Bell coincdently gets hurt, but the fans are all pissed etc.Is that why the rerfs always mke these weird calls like the Brady fumble, is that why Butler plays the same defense over and over knowing its not gonna work, is that why Hailey goes for a bomb on 3rd and 1 to Smmie Coates who hasn't caught a ball in a year. Any fan would never call that play, but a highly paid offensive coordinator would? I'm a builder, if another builders houses are selling because of a certain color ,or kitchen I would copy to get my house to sell. We both would know how to build and it wouldn't be that hard to do. So if Brady throws high percentage passes to the sidelines so he doesn't get intercepted, doesn't get hurt and make hisline look good, why don't we do the same thing. Do you mean to tell me Ben cant throw tose passes, AB cant emulate Edeleman, Rogers cant do what Hogan does, I don't buy that.

I'm feeling something else is going on,we are buying into this crap they are to us selling lately. I cant walk away from this game yesterday and say we are Hogan away, a Blount away, or a Donta Hightower away from a super bowl. Nor can I buy the Patriots way, because all their coaches who leave never do **** for other teams. An honestly I don't even think Brady is really all that great, I think Rogers is way better overall QB.

My question is , do you guys think something else is up? Thanks if you got this far

2. SanDiegoSteel

SanDiegoSteel Well-Known Member

Nov 16, 2016
    The steelers are like a car that looks super shiny and fast but really isnt much faster than the average car. The patriots are like the car that looks average but is suped up and smokes other cars. The steelers go for the homeruns. The patriots take the singles and doubles and then keep generating points. Steelers can do that but its not in their DNA.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  3. strummerfan

strummerfan Well-Known Member

May 9, 2012
    I didn't read the whole thing, but your qb assessment is a bit off. Brady is a great qb. Arguably the best that's ever played. Ben on the other hand is a good qb. Brady zips balls into tight windows and eats blitzes for breakfast while Ben runs around looking for college open receivers.

4. blountforcetrauma

blountforcetrauma Well-Known Member

Oct 23, 2011
    People call this a "qb driven league" and that's true to an extent. However, it is maybe even more of a "matchup driven league" and the pats just matchup well against us because of the scheme they run. They have a qb that likes to play against the defensive scheme that we run. The same scheme that might matchup well against Flacco or Alex Smith might not necessarily match up well against NE and vice versa. Just my two cents. We just don't matchup well against them.

• Agree Agree x 1
  5. JackAttack 5958

JackAttack 5958 Well-Known Member

Oct 18, 2011
    Tight windows? He's capable of doing that, sure. But those throws he was making last night were to receivers who were "college open". We couldn't cover anybody.

• Agree Agree x 2
  6. steel1031

steel1031 Well-Known Member

Oct 16, 2011
    I don't like steve smith but he said something on tv the other day I found interesting. he said when you break the huddle, not lineup, but when you break the huddle. the pats defense is calling out the route you are gonna run before you lineup based on the personnel. something is going on lmao

I will never be convinced that they don't cheat. now does that mean they are not good, no. they are a good team but to say they are that much better because of coaching is just wrong to me. I mean they lose coaches and they go elsewhere and suck.

crommel, wies, McDaniel just to name a few.

• Agree Agree x 1
  7. petekoutromanos

Jan 2, 2012
    So what do we need to do to beat the Patriots, get better players? I think we have better players, do we need better coaches? I find it hard to believe that they are that much better than us. For some reason, I think the NFL is a big business and they are using the pushing the Patriots always for some reason or another, giving them always every competitive edge, in which honestly believe theres not that much diffence going from the Steelers to the Browns, a few calls thru out the year here and there can make you from a 13-3 team to 3- 13 team hence in point ,look at the Panthers last year they went from great to crap in one year kinda of unexplainable, but the Patriots somehow in this day od pairity NFL are always good with a crap roster and any coaches they hire are always geniuses but when theses same coaches go elsehwhere they suck, Mangini, Weiss, I think its crap , I believe what my eyes tell me. I think Rogers is a great QB, hes the total package,he can thrown , run etc Brady looks scared a s heck when you put a little pressure on him... Julio Jones is a great receiver not Hogan, Ezeke Elliot is a great RB not Blount , I honestly they are picked to play the villain team for NFLS RATINGS in which they make a **** load of money from commerials etc

8. blountforcetrauma

Oct 23, 2011
    The reason they can do that is because they have this old man who LITERALLY spends all of his time watching the film of every single team in the league and making playbooks of their plays. Then when they play those guys they know the personnel groupings of each play. Seriously! I watched a thing about the Butler pick in the Super Bowl and they knew that Seattle had used that play on the goal line multiple times and had practiced it and Butler had blown it 3 times in practice. When they saw the personnel on the field they yelled for Butler to get out there and if you watch the play he literally runs on the field and calls out the play with a hand signal to the other guys. He then jumps the route because he knew for sure the route was coming. That's not cheating. That's hardcore film study paying off. Go watch that play and you'll see exactly what I'm saying. Maybe Smith doesn't know that but it's the truth. That's how they know. My mind was blown watching that.

9. blountforcetrauma

Oct 23, 2011
    Dude do you really think the pats are good PR for the league? If people genuinely believe they are "cheaters" then why in the world would the league want to be known the world over for having a flagship franchise and poster children for the league being cheaters? That would make about as much sense as the league wanting Cincy to always be in the spotlight.

10. steel1031

steel1031 Well-Known Member

Oct 16, 2011
    they got busted for it so I will never believe different lol

11. blountforcetrauma

Oct 23, 2011
    Well if game films from literally 10 years ago are still that informative then I guess you could be on to something. LOL!

12. cajunyankee

cajunyankee Well-Known Member

Oct 27, 2011
    Let me really mess you up!!!!!!

The cheaters won the SB 2 years ago....Feb. 2015!!!!! this years team has 30 different players on it!!!!! THIRTY!!!!!!! Over half the team is gone in just two years and we let them back into the SB!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Cajun

13. Da Stellars

Da Stellars Well-Known Member

Oct 22, 2011
    The irony is Haley was brought in to dink and dunk, and keep Ben healthy, and what have we been doing ... throwing it deep.

Ben doesn't have the patience that Brady has, and I'm guessing not many QB's do.

It does surprise me that the Patriots offensive line is always good enough to win, because I don't think they have great linemen. But if you just need to block for 2 seconds I guess its pretty easy.

14. blountforcetrauma

Oct 23, 2011
    Brady can kill you by bludgeoning you to death or he can kill you with a thousand paper cuts. He seems totally indifferent to his method to me.

15. SteelerBark

SteelerBark Well-Known Member

Jan 2, 2012
    Belichick is copyrighted. So his genius and mastery of the game cannot be replicated. If we had a roster of no names and cast offs, we would win maybe 1 game under Tomlin. We must have supreme talent to compensate for less than average coaching.

Last edited: Jan 23, 2017
    • Agree Agree x 3
    • Like Like x 1
  16. Da Stellars

Da Stellars Well-Known Member

Oct 22, 2011
    Some of it is just being logical, too. Like 3rd and 1.... just run the ball and get the first down. Or QB sneak it. Why throw deep? We shot ourselves in the foot.

• Agree Agree x 1
  17. Jball

Jball Well-Known Member

Jan 1, 2012
    As for why we always get spanked by the Pats, it's Belicheat and Brady. Our roster, and many others, are superior overall to NE. Yet, they're about to win their 5th SB in the last 15 years, and have played in 8. This was their 10th championship game since Brady. That is RIDICULOUS! Nobody can beat them on any kind of regular basis. It's not just us. They have a legendary coach and QB combination.

That being said, what I really want to ask Tomlin is, Why do you take the exact same approach to beating NE every single time to disastrous results?

To beat Brady, you have to get to him. You can't get to him if he releases the ball in under 2 seconds every play. And he can do that because you make zero effort to impede his wr's in any way. He could literally run the same play every time and pick up 3-4 yards. And the Steelers NEVER adjust to it. Any idiot can see this happen over and over again.

18. petekoutromanos

Jan 2, 2012
    These ideas don't add up, Ben doesn't have the patience , why wouldn't he, if you at your job would get all this glory by doing something your other worker is doing and you can obviously do it to,why wouldn't you,it doesn't make sense. Its like this method gets you to the super bowl all the time with no name dudes, and your method doesn't ,o well ill do my method and get eliminated and wait till we get an all pro at every position but we will do it my way,is that the logic?

19. lewisha

lewisha Well-Known Member

Dec 27, 2012
    Who was the coach who said "when you throw the ball, 3 things can happen, and 2 of them are bad."

20. petekoutromanos

Jan 2, 2012
    I just think they are chosen as the villain team, every one in America now wants to see them loose, I guess Brady is more marketable then Ben etc that's my take on it, the game is subjective to refs calling every play, I think little shifts in the game go a long way, I really think the chiefs for example tied us with that 2 pt conversion, I even heard Harrison say he gets mugged a lot more than that on a regular basis, yeah it was a hold but I'm sure that happens on every play in the league,but water under the bridge STEELERS VS PATRIOTS bigger draw than Alex Smith vs Brady so be it,its all about the ratings, these damn commercials that they put on during these games which are killing me to watch, but hey tv ratings equals more money for NFL, Owners ,players etc so they all go along , even if they loose, I'm sure AB is probably in Miami getting his di** sucked, and I'm writing on this blog LOL

21. thesteeldeal

thesteeldeal Well-Known Member

Oct 18, 2011
    It's really quite simple....they put their players in a position to succeed 99% of the time...ours about 51%.
    its his I guess...

• Like Like x 1
  22. SteelerEmpire

SteelerEmpire Well-Known Member

Aug 30, 2015
    Well. I've been around the boxing game for years now and I KNOW FOR A FACT that "many" fights are fixed...saw it too many times with my own two eyes.

There's a good report that the news show "60 Minutes" did when the NBA Refs got busted for fixing games.

Now. Seeing how totally "illogical" some things in the NFL seem to be, I'd actually be "surprised" if their wasn't something "going on"...smh

• Agree Agree x 1
  23. Blast Furnace

Blast Furnace Staff Member Mod Team

Oct 16, 2011
    Whats the one constant with the Pats? BB and Brady.

Brady is a machine and BB prepares better than anyone.

Theres really no mystery here. Most teams lose to them, we're not the only ones. You have to disrupt their timing and get in Bradys face. Easier said than done apparently.

They are not unbeatable and I do think Atlanta will beat them. Dan Quinn should have beat Brady last time, he gets his revenge this game. He'll know how to slow him down. He harassed Rodgers, he can get to the statue. And their offense will put up more than 17 points like we did.

• Agree Agree x 1
  24. groutbrook

groutbrook

Oct 23, 2016
    That saying was before the great equalizer, pass interference;).

25. STEELWARRIOR

STEELWARRIOR Well-Known Member

Oct 26, 2011
    Stubbornness!!!! reluctant to change, no dare to be different, stay the course!!! take your pick. Continue going for 2 even after two failed attempts. Not trying to beat a dead horse!!! But AB and other players not being present for the head coaches post game speech reflects lack of decipline and outright desrespect. What's up with that??