1. Hi Guest, Registrations are now open. See you on the inside.
    Dismiss Notice

I must be psychic!

Discussion in 'Steelers Talk' started by HugeSnack, Dec 10, 2011.

1. HugeSnack

HugeSnack Well-Known Member

Oct 17, 2011
    How else could I know when I came on here there'd be people clamoring for Mendenhall to be cut from the team and put alongside Kemoeatu, who had one of the worst games any lineman has EVER had? :frustrated:

Rashard had a great game. He should not have been getting those handoffs at the end, it should have been Redman. He was met at the line of scrimmage hard every time. Perhaps Redman could have scored on one of those plays. But most running backs in the league would not have. Maybe Tomlin should be cut from the team...? Grow up a little, people.

2. oldschool

oldschool Well-Known Member

Oct 19, 2011
    I thought Mendy had a good game too up until and after the goal line stance. He has good games and then some clunkers and then games where he's just meh... The guy gets a C+ or B- for me as a back. Wish he had a good line to really judge his talent. I don't think there is a team or coordinator out there that fears or game plans for him much at all.

3. oldschool

oldschool Well-Known Member

Oct 19, 2011
    PS - I recall Willie Cologne having a game in the 2006 season (I think) where he had three penalties either on just one drive or two consecutive drives. I remember flipping out.

I had to edit this one. I have been thinking this over all night and it might have actually been Trai Essex and Colon. Ahhh forget this portion of my comments.

4. Thigpen82

Thigpen82 Bitter optimist

Oct 17, 2011
    I salute this post, sir :hello:

Kemo just didn't have his head in the game - sitting him doesn't seem to have had much effect.

But all the hate for Mendenhall - I just don't get it.

5. bigsteelerfaninky

bigsteelerfaninky Well-Known Member

Oct 24, 2011
    well we are just fans....so sometimes we vent a little too much

6. KnoxVegasSteel

KnoxVegasSteel Well-Known Member

Oct 21, 2011
    I agree. Looking on the bright side, now the coaches have indisputable evidence that Rahtard and our OL can't punch it in from the 2 in 4 atempts. So hopefully this will light a fire for MT and BA to come up with something else that will work if/when they are in that position again. Many of us, myself included, have been begging for BA and the O to run more power running plays on 1st and goal from inside the 5 yard line. Clearly BA needed to use a different hole and maybe even try to bump it out. A real FB or even using another lineman maybe could have worked. I'm happy to see that we didn't go empty backfield with 5 WR on that goalline series. Even though they didn't score, I think it is progress. I liked the decision to go for it on 4th down and it is easy to second guess that decision now. BTW, I have to tip my hat to the brownies on that goalline stand. They are a bad team, but that D really stepped up in that goalline situation and honestly all game.

7. Steel_Elvis

Steel_Elvis Staff Member Mod Team

Nov 4, 2011
    I for one don't dislike Mendenhall. I think that he's a solid back, who makes some good plays. However, he has probably not lived up to his draft status. When a RB is selected in R1, he'd better be a franchise back, especially when you look at all of the non-1st round franchise backs out there. It's tough to say whether or not Redman should have been in there. This season, Mendy has converted a few nice runs near the goal line after being contacted 2-3 yards before the line (I recall more than 1 such play in the 2 Bengals games). He has shown that he can do it.