1. Hi Guest, Registrations are now open. See you on the inside.
    Dismiss Notice

I miss Peazy

Discussion in 'Steelers Talk' started by SteelerBark, Oct 12, 2012.

1. SteelerBark

SteelerBark Well-Known Member

Jan 2, 2012
    I miss the intensity Joey Porter brought to the field every game without fail. Our defense is in sore need for an emotional leader to ignite some passion and heart into the rest of the crew. In general, there is typically NOT a huge gap or discrepancy in overall talent from team to team. Ordinarily, in the NFL, ''any given Sunday" is a maxim that rings true. Lesser teams can beat better teams as recently proved by Oakland and Tennessee. Who is our Ray Lewis to command that everyone starts playing for a ring, not a paycheck or individual accolades. I'm sick and tired of the ho-hum complacency from the coaching staff. I want piss and vinegar and meanness back in Blitzburgh. We scare absolutely NO ONE these days. The right cocktail of team chemistry, passion and comraderie can make the difference between 6-10 and 12-4. Look what happened with Jim Harbaugh and SF...he changed the culture in the locker room in just one year and now those boys are balling. Who on this team can start lighting fires up arses?

Who ride? We ride!

2. blountforcetrauma

blountforcetrauma Well-Known Member

Oct 23, 2011
    We've had this conversation on here many times and we always come to the conclusion that we just don't have "that" guy ya know? I wish we had someone like that too. Larry Foote said in his post game last night that he considers himself "that guy" but I just don't see it.

3. STEELWARRIOR

STEELWARRIOR Well-Known Member

Oct 26, 2011
    Larry my "foote" if Farrior were here he would be riding pine as a back up he is the starter because the other LB'S are either not ready or injured plain and simple he has never really been vocal in the past so why would he start now. Come end of season he will be gone with Ike to arizona. We have to accept the fact that all in all we are rebuilding not reloading ;-)

4. blountforcetrauma

blountforcetrauma Well-Known Member

Oct 23, 2011
    We are rebuilding the o line and the defense. We have some key offensive pieces in place but our D is in shambles if what we have on the field is truly the best product we can send out there.

5. M. Connors

M. Connors Well-Known Member

Oct 25, 2011
    I hear you, but this isn't the reason for our fall from grace this season.
    Porter couldn't talk the Steelers up from a 8-8 campaign in '06. Ray Lewis couldn't conjure the Ravens to a Super Bowl appearance in the last 11 seasons. It boils down to talent on the field. When the starters fall, it comes down to depth...something taken for granted always, but truly tested only occasionally (to this degree).
    The Steelers obviously do not have the depth of a great team...I.e. the Packers in 2010. Whether it's talent evaluation or coaching, we we wont know this year...but I believe their issue go beyond having a "locker room" personality to get their team psyched up.
    On paper, our 2012 starters were destined to be in the hunt. In reality, our 2012 team is not, barring a change in performance on the field. Here's hoping they can conjure something to save this campaign.

6. BobbyBiz

BobbyBiz Well-Known Member

Nov 30, 2011
    Ca-lassic!!

[youtube:h7lwa9aj]gpOG9K02F_g[/youtube:h7lwa9aj]

7. SteelerGlenn

SteelerGlenn

Nov 24, 2011
    I miss him too. Enough can't be said about what an emotional leader can mean to a team.

8. SteelerBark

SteelerBark Well-Known Member

Jan 2, 2012
    Tremendous. Thanks for that.

9. Thigpen82

Thigpen82 Bitter optimist

Oct 17, 2011
    It's also usually pointed out that, whereas we can remember Porter's glory moments well (the play-off game against Indy where he compeltely owned Manning all day long), his last season here his "intensity" consisted of stupid penalties that cost us.

I don't see a lack of intensity in our play at the moment. I see a lack of good tackling (technique wise), I see a lack of healthy players (conditioning issue) and a lack of execution in general. Having someone jumping up and down and screaming doesn't solve that. It can also make it far, far worse. What we need is the players on the team to realise that potential is something you have to prove rather than quitely suggest.

10. 3carsteeler

3carsteeler

Dec 21, 2011
    I miss him too. The bus on the offense was a big emotional leader too.

11. Da Stellars

Da Stellars Well-Known Member

Oct 22, 2011
    Count me in, definitely miss Peazy's emotion.