1. Hi Guest, Registrations are now open. See you on the inside.
    Dismiss Notice

I may have a power.

Discussion in 'Steelers Talk' started by Blitz, Oct 2, 2016.

1. Blitz

Blitz Well-Known Member

Apr 18, 2016
    Maybe, I'll need to continue to run some tests, haha. But first, some backstory.

Last year I decided to try Daily Fantasy Football. Draftkings specifically. Enjoy football and make some money? Sounds like fun.

But, being so much of a Steelers homer and truly believing the power of the Steelers offense. Every time I picked Big Ben or AB or really anybody on the Steelers last year, we would suck, and lose that game.

In fact ANY player I picked no matter how logical the matchup, how good they were..., they would just suddenly suck. So after too many times playing daily fantasy I decided that I was just cursed and gave up on it last year. Vowing that I would never play again.

Well I broke my vow. Erhem.. last week..

I handcuffed Big Ben and Antonio Brown thinking that they would come out on fire after a mediocre performance against Cincy. And I watched the Steelers crumble. I hid this tidbit of information thinking that maybe I had cursed my Steelers. Did I? I mean logically, no, right??

But just to see, I decided to play fantasy football in a different way today. This morning I decided to pick offensive players that I wanted to suck, because if I picked them, they would. As is my luck. I chose to zero in on two offenses. NE and KC. So that Genius Bill wouldn't go 4-0 without Brady, and so that the Steelers would win. I spent $1, so that the curse would be legitimized. Because as I see it. God has cursed my addictive personality with the inability to make any money in any gambling activity.

I chose players like Amendola, Blount, Edelman, Alex Smith, Spencer Ware, and Travis Kelce (knowing our TE woes).

So uhhh. Until this superstition fails me. I shall continue to practice my voodoo. Since New England was led by Jacoby Brisket :lolol: and this was Redemption Sunday for us, this could all be just one odd coincidence. So next week I will pick Jets offensive players, and the star offensive players of one TSF community picked team to see if I truly can be crowned "the absolute worse" daily fantasy football player.

• Hilarious Hilarious x 3
  2. bigbenhotness

bigbenhotness Well-Known Member

Nov 1, 2014
  3. Blitz

Blitz Well-Known Member

Apr 18, 2016
    I think a true test would be if I could put Julio Jones and Drew Brees under 10 fantasy points each. But i reserve the QB spot next week for Fitz' beard.

If I do turn out to be truly cursed. I will make a startup business where I infect your fantasy football opponents team for a modest fee. Until I get so much business that I become a millionaire at the expense of the NFL being more boring to watch than soccer.

• Hilarious Hilarious x 2