1. Hi Guest, Registrations are now open. See you on the inside.
    Dismiss Notice

I know it's probably crazy but...

Discussion in 'Steelers Talk' started by mdbates2, Nov 21, 2011.

1. mdbates2

mdbates2 Well-Known Member

Nov 3, 2011
    The battle of the brothers on Thanksgiving Day is probably our best hope to gain the advantage in the division race, and I don't like the matchup. It's not because I think that Baltimore is better or anything. I just wonder whether or not the Harbaughs might be talking about how much more this game means to the Ratbirds than it does to the Niners. Think about it, by losing, San Francisco isn't really hurt all that much. They'll still probably be the #2 seed in the NFC, and should easily clinch the division in their next game. However, the Rats have a cake schedule from here on out - and by winning, have a pretty clear road to the #1 seed in the AFC. So, does anyone think maybe they will try to set themselves up for a potential Super Bowl matchup? We all know the LEAGUE is on the side of the Rats - but I'm thinking we'll see a pretty vanilla game from the Niners on Thursday.

2. numbah58

numbah58 Staff Member Mod Team

Oct 16, 2011
    I don't subsribe to that theory.

I have a brother and I can't think of anybody else that I'd rather have bragging rights against than him. Both Harbaugh's will be out to win that one, in my opinion.

3. bigsteelerfaninky

bigsteelerfaninky Well-Known Member

Oct 24, 2011
    yep 49ers will beat ratturds on thanksgiving especially if ray ray is out

4. defva

defva Well-Known Member

Oct 19, 2011
    Who better to grade yourself against then a proven team like the ravens.They would then start to get mad props after playing on nationwide tv on thanksgiving and beating a playoff team.Naw the have something to prove and will be looking to do so.I want them to win but the ravens put a hurting on them.

5. Thigpen82

Thigpen82 Bitter optimist

Oct 17, 2011
    On a side note, one of the things I'm really liking about this season is that it's one of those "transition" years - where the teams that have sucked for a long time are finally getting their act together, and the teams that have reigned supreme for a long while are starting to fade, but just not quite. Makes for a very unpredictable league.

So while it may all come down to this game - there are plenty of variables in the meantime.

6. RobVos

RobVos Well-Known Member

Oct 16, 2011
    It is not a sure thing that the pack will go undefeated, they still have a couple tests and the weather is going to get worse soon. The 49ers still could end up a #1 seed in the NFC. I can't see them loosing a game intentionally.

7. Blast Furnace

Blast Furnace Staff Member Mod Team

Oct 16, 2011
    Yep, it's crazy. There is no way Jim Harbaugh can sell his team on the idea of throwing a game and if he tried he'd lose all respect. So that leaves just making absolutely horrendous decisions during the game an opening himself up to lots of criticism. And theres no guarantee they would lose the game anyway. Besides, I see both Harbaughs as too competitive to ever throw a game.

I think the 49ers will win, trouble is, they may beat us too.

8. WWW

WWW Writing Team

Oct 24, 2011
    SD Chargers have a better chance of beating them, since their ability to score fast and to play man coverage on D.
    This week will be a close game, but think the ravens will have the edge.

Anyone knows what's the betting line on this one? Guess will be Ratbirds -2.5, with an over/under somewhere inbetween 35 and 38.

9. truckin9999

truckin9999 Well-Known Member

Oct 16, 2011
    Balt -3 is the early line

10. WWW

WWW Writing Team

Oct 24, 2011
    Thanks. Guess they're thinking of a 20-17 kind of game.
    Hope it's for the niners!

11. freakfontana

freakfontana

Oct 19, 2011
    balt can lose to the chargers and cincy , we can lose to the niners , other losses would be a surprise :rawk:

12. Myronwemissyinz

Myronwemissyinz

Oct 17, 2011
    "You play to win the games!"..All of them!! Every team Every game!!...Dont even go there. How will that make us look as STEELER fans?.." :cry: ..He let his brother win just so we couldnt be there. :cry: :cry: :cry: "Dont EVEN go there!!!

13. TerribleTowelFlying

TerribleTowelFlying Staff Member Site Admin Mod Team

Oct 12, 2011
    Here ya go, Myron. :)
    [youtube:3h2vlqw2]W42iiCcFbxE[/youtube:3h2vlqw2]

14. Myronwemissyinz

Myronwemissyinz

Oct 17, 2011
    Excatly TTF...

If the Rats beat the 49ers on turkey day.Please No conspiracy theories.

That would make STEELER NATION look lame. So lame!!!

15. mdbates2

Nov 3, 2011
    :this!: I'm not saying they won't play to win. I'm saying I wouldn't be surprised if San Francisco is a little "vanilla" with their game plan on Thursday. And - it's just a thought - that's all. With Baltimore the favorite, it's a good setup for it.

16. theotherbigben

theotherbigben Well-Known Member

Nov 16, 2011
    Sorry dude. That's REALLY crazy! If his players even suspected he took it a little easy on his brother to help him out, he loses the locker room. Maybe if they were 3-7 or something. But even then, they'd still have a shot at their division!

17. SteelerSteve

SteelerSteve Well-Known Member

Nov 2, 2011
    You can trust in the FACT, that the EGO's in the Harbaugh family are much too large for an intentional loss or let up to even be a possibility. GO NINERS!!!! I would be oh so thankful for a Ravens loss on Thanksgiving!!!!

18. SteelerSteve

Nov 2, 2011
    You can trust in the FACT, that the EGO's in the Harbaugh family are much too large for an intentional loss or let up to even be a possibility. GO NINERS!!!! I would be oh so thankful for a Ravens loss on Thanksgiving!!!!

19. mdbates2

Nov 3, 2011
    O.K. Yinz have convinced me. I was just a little concerned about the family connection here. Personally, I can't believe the Rats are 3 point favorites. I would think the Niners would be favored in this game.

20. SteelerSteve

Nov 2, 2011
    When a home team is favored by 3 points it means that the teams are considered even and the 3 points represent home field advantage. I think that is a pretty fair assessment of where these teams are at this point. I just hope they play better than the Ravens Thursday!

21. Myronwemissyinz

Myronwemissyinz

Oct 17, 2011
    Besides SF playing for #1 seed in NFC...You think they want to go to GB in mid January?...They aint giving up not even one game!!!....

22. Myronwemissyinz

Myronwemissyinz

Oct 17, 2011
    :this!: 100%

23. Greg the man Lloyd

Greg the man Lloyd Well-Known Member

Oct 16, 2011
    No way these brothers fix anything. They want to win each game. There is alot of ego involved and I think both have big egos.

24. SteelerFanInKC

SteelerFanInKC Well-Known Member

Nov 14, 2011
    SF can still claim the one seed in the NFC. Why wouldn't they play all out? They would have ten days to rest afterwards. Heck, they haven't even locked up the two seed in the NFC. If they mail it in on Thursday, then I hope they get beat down in the playoffs, will serve them right.

25. mdbates2

Nov 3, 2011
    O.K. Maybe I was watching a different game than you guys - but I didn't see a team playing all out yesterday. I honestly don't think that the Rats are that good - and San Francisco, by virtue of their 9-1 record is certainly not as bad as they played. Even the Niners' Harbaugh (I always get them mixed up) didn't look as fired up as he has been in MUCH less emotional games. They mailed it in just as I feared and are setting themselves up to potentially meet in February. :-(