1. Hi Guest, Registrations are now open. See you on the inside.
    Dismiss Notice

I Hope Tomlin Was Watching the Super Bowl Fiasco

Discussion in 'Steelers Talk' started by BigBensBigBong, Feb 5, 2017.

1. steelers5859

steelers5859 Well-Known Member

Oct 23, 2011
    And the scheme they did use worked to perfection.

2. Spencer

Spencer Well-Known Member

Jan 25, 2016
    During the first half I see Bellicheat on the sideline with a note pad jotting stuff down. I'm sure it wasn't a grocery list. He was making notes to himself or something for the better of the team. Now pay attention to Tomlin on the sidelines. You can tell he is playing catch up to what is happening during a game. The game is lost in Tomlins eyes when you look at him.
    Add into the mix, the stupid Falcons are at the 23 yard line and a field goal most likely would have put a twist on the game that, the Patriots could not have overcome. Matt Ryan needs to learn how to let time run down too. Cheats last two Super Bowls were won because the opposing teams coaches were stupid.
    After half time they asked Bellicheat if he made adjustments during this time. Bellicheat said, he was making adjustments in the first half as soon as the Falcons started scoring and stopping his offense. And that my fellow Steeler fans is what it takes.

• Agree Agree x 3
  3. lovembig

lovembig Well-Known Member

Oct 30, 2011
    he doesnt need to run. he just sits back there and picks defenses apart. he threw less than 5 ints all year. i cant stand him or the Pats, but we are watching arguably the best qb to ever play. that hurts to say.

• Agree Agree x 1
  4. STEELWARRIOR

STEELWARRIOR Well-Known Member

Oct 26, 2011
    Yeah he was... all while yelling assholes!!! every time the Pats scored:shrug:

5. Steel Acorn

Steel Acorn Well-Known Member

Oct 17, 2011
    I read an analysis somewhere of Belichick's adjustments on the fly during the first half. Moving players with particular skills around, changing schemes and coverages, etc. The first few adjustments didn't work, but by the middle of the third quarter he had found a way to stifle the most prolific offense this season. I think he as at his most evil best yesterday.

6. Steel Acorn

Steel Acorn Well-Known Member

Oct 17, 2011
    OK, so maybe better than good. But he is also a product of a system with the best coach at breaking down a team and and has a system that plays to his particular strengths. I firmly believe the football is the greatest team sport, and I'll grant you this Patriots dynasty is one for the ages, but it is a team effort, not just Brady. Other players played their hearts out (Edelman's catch?) and if receivers aren't open (often WIDE open), linemen don't block, and running backs don't find the gap, the QB can't do much. Not sure Brady deserved MVP last night - lots of other clutch performances to go around.

7. Bradydaphonedestroyer

Bradydaphonedestroyer Well-Known Member

Jan 16, 2017
    Either he was good or Falcons D was gassed....I mean all they needed was ONLY 1 of those 2 pt conversations to fail but they didn't ....pats got both of them.

8. GoalLine

GoalLine

Oct 16, 2011
    Part of his longevity is how little he gets hit. He does great at getting the ball out quickly but if he took the hits that he got against Atlanta more frequently, that age will start to catch up.

• Agree Agree x 2