1. Hi Guest, Registrations are now open. See you on the inside.
    Dismiss Notice

I Hope Tomlin Was Watching the Super Bowl Fiasco

Discussion in 'Steelers Talk' started by BigBensBigBong, Feb 5, 2017.

1. BigBensBigBong

BigBensBigBong Well-Known Member

Dec 14, 2014
    We just witnessed what happens when a game is won, you are in easy FG range, and you do not tell your QB to keep the ball on the ground.

What a tragedy.

• Agree Agree x 7
    • Like Like x 1
  2. JPP

JPP Well-Known Member

Dec 21, 2014
    Yup.

Tomlin is just as dumb. 75% of the NFL coaches are dumber than a fence post. It's not the Belicheck is so good, it's just that his competition is so extremely brain dead. Look at the old days Noll, Shula, Landry, Madden.

You have zero coaches outside of Belicheck that are HOF caliber. Zero.

Look at the last two Patriots Super Bowl wins. You'd be better off with chimps coaching Seattle and Atlanta.

• Hilarious Hilarious x 2
    • Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  3. defva

defva Well-Known Member

Oct 19, 2011
    They had the game and just like us...drop back to throw a long pass on 3rd and 1. This wasnt the steelers, but somehow I feel like we loss

• Agree Agree x 3
    • Hilarious Hilarious x 1
  4. Blitz

Blitz Well-Known Member

Apr 18, 2016
    I'm not watching tv or talking to anyone until next season. Im gonna binge reality tv and cat videos and bury my head in the sand.

• Like Like x 2
    • Hilarious Hilarious x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  5. GoalLine

GoalLine

Oct 16, 2011
    I have to admit, hearing Goodell get booed was pretty funny.

• Agree Agree x 4
  6. Bgunn

Bgunn Well-Known Member

Nov 6, 2011
    Yeah, but when you realize he will continue to earn 40+ million a year while ruining the game we all love, there is nothing funny about it.

• Agree Agree x 4
  7. Da Stellars

Da Stellars Well-Known Member

Oct 22, 2011
    I'm at a loss for words. There really is no beating this team ... And the Steelers are certainly not built to beat them. What can you do, outside of hoping some other team beats them or pray for an injury? Brady could play for another 5 years.

8. Bgunn

Bgunn Well-Known Member

Nov 6, 2011
    I'm not disagreeing but do you really feel that the Patriots beat the Seahawks and Falcons or did the Falcons and Seahawks crap it away by poor play calling? Doesn't really matter either way but it's not like the Patriots dominated the last 2 SBs. They found a way to win against incompetent coaches.

• Agree Agree x 1
  9. RPO IZSB

RPO IZSB Well-Known Member

Dec 30, 2015
    The real idiocy is in finding a handful of plays/decisions and using it to label coaches idiots.

• Agree Agree x 1
  10. GoalLine

GoalLine

Oct 16, 2011
    I see your point but the league was inevitably going to change once the effects of CTE was known and the almighty dollar took hold and the commercialization occurred. His contributions to this are certainly seen and not appreciated. I couldn't care less about how much he makes.

11. DSteelerCT

DSteelerCT Well-Known Member

Nov 15, 2011
    Cowher ball wins that game, just saying...why the Fk do you drop back and pass when in easy FG range? That's a cocky OC saying "I'm gonna win this by throwing a TD on this drive, even though I only need 3 and make NE burn their TO". Unreal.

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  12. GoalLine

GoalLine

Oct 16, 2011
    Father time in undefeated and watching him try to run shows a glimmer of hope that he'll be out soon.

13. defva

defva Well-Known Member

Oct 19, 2011
    Yep

14. mytake

mytake Well-Known Member

Dec 26, 2016
    Isn't that what Tomlin did in prepping for the Patriots?

• Like Like x 1
    • Hilarious Hilarious x 1
  15. defva

defva Well-Known Member

Oct 19, 2011
    Seattle and Atlanta gave away superbowls

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  16. mytake

mytake Well-Known Member

Dec 26, 2016
    No, they are idiots when two plays produce the end result of proving it.

• Agree Agree x 3
  17. Jammasterc

Jammasterc Well-Known Member

Oct 26, 2011
    Atlanta's poor JV Defense and the Offensive choke lost that..
    It had nothing to do with Brady, he did what any NFL QB could do against a high school defense.

• Agree Agree x 1
  18. blountforcetrauma

blountforcetrauma Well-Known Member

Oct 23, 2011
    5 rookies on that d and pushed Brady to the brink. I think the Falcons played as well as they possibly could have. You just can not give Brady as many shots as they did.

• Agree Agree x 3
  19. SteelerEmpire

SteelerEmpire Well-Known Member

Aug 30, 2015
    Doesn't matter what Tomlin saw, he's still gonna screw up !

At least Atlanta played better than this Steelers team against the Pats. I used to be a big fan of Mike Tomlin, but I now have ZERO confidence in him as a championship coach !!!

When someone says their just a "working stiff" (Tomlin), believe them !!!

No way they put this ATL team in check in the 2nd half like they did. No f'n way !!!

• Agree Agree x 3
    • Like Like x 1
  20. JAD

JAD Well-Known Member

Jan 2, 2012
    it feels to me that the Falcons lost the game more than the Pats won it. Atl had it won but started to do stupid thing in the second half, like taken sacks and holding penalties that take them out of field goal range. Running the ball out on kickoffs when they coudn't get it past the 15 yard line, another time their man runs out of bounds on the kickoff at around the 15 yd line, throwing long on 3 and 1 when all you need to win is a field goal. The second half they played very Steeler like.

• Agree Agree x 2
  21. Bgunn

Bgunn Well-Known Member

Nov 6, 2011
    Lol, he's contributions? It's all superficial. Player safety is a token term the NFL uses to avoid lawsuits. They constantly do things that are contradictory to the safety of players. We'll never know how much Goodell and the other owners ignored on CTE. He was too busy fighting deflategate.

22. blountforcetrauma

blountforcetrauma Well-Known Member

Oct 23, 2011
    3rd and 1 is pretty much a "take a shot" down across the league these days though.

• Agree Agree x 1
  23. Jammasterc

Jammasterc Well-Known Member

Oct 26, 2011
    Atlanta Defense gave at least 3 first downs away on third downs due to penalties...in the first half.

• Agree Agree x 1
  24. SteelerEmpire

SteelerEmpire Well-Known Member

Aug 30, 2015
    Yep. It was ATL's #32 (or 34) that cost them on several holding penalties. But NE didn't get called for a lot either !!! However, being a professional team Atlanta should have known this and planned accordingly ?? Somethings not right. I'm losing confidence in the NFL as a league over-all.

Steelers didn't lose their record of 6 SB's, but Bradshaw did with Brady's 5 over his 4...smh

Steelers had a chance to stop em but FAILED !!!! Sitting back depending on Tomlin, Brady will win 7 SB's before it's over with

• Agree Agree x 1
  25. bigbenhotness

bigbenhotness Well-Known Member

Nov 1, 2014
    Falcons got overconfident. Pats kept chipping away