1. Hi Guest, Registrations are now open. See you on the inside.
    Dismiss Notice

I honestly never cared about the Chargers until last night....

Discussion in 'Steelers Talk' started by RatbirdHater, Dec 3, 2018.

1. rutan74

rutan74 Well-Known Member

Oct 18, 2011

Don't be so sure about that. The Chargers were without Gordon last night. Then what makes you think the outcome will be any different given a few weeks? It is not like the Steelers to actually fix problems.

Here is the thing with guys like Rivers. Their MO is to get down big in the first half. Then in the second half, Rivers has to throw on every down. The defense does get tired and they usually have these big comebacks or at least he brings them back enough to make it interesting. As I said earlier, I've had him in fantasy leagues for 3 years and he puts up a lot of points in the second half. True, they usually run into a wall within their division or the playoffs but you have to give him so credit for the comeback last night even if they got some help.

Another case in point is Brady. One of the reasons the Pats are so successful is the opposite of the Chargers. Brady gets out to a big lead in the first half which caused the other team to throw the ball the entire second half to get back into the game. So then the Pats defense doesn't even have to play the run, they just play the pass the whole half and there are only a few QB's that can even hope to catch back up. This doesn't happen always, but it does happen quite a bit where their opponent usually has to play catch up the entire second half.

rutan

2. sjromano

sjromano Well-Known Member

Nov 3, 2011
    Somebody needs a timeout, methinks.

• Hilarious Hilarious x 1
  3. bigbenhotness

bigbenhotness Well-Known Member

Nov 1, 2014
    I meant that because they constantly make me feel terribly ill from the nerves and only to tease in the end lol

• Hilarious Hilarious x 1
  4. mcam

mcam Well-Known Member

Feb 5, 2017
    Sounds like most fans.

Steelers fans "I hope Ben drowns in a river"

Adam Shefter .. "He's a future Hall of Famer"

Steelers fans "make it a lake of fire"

• Hilarious Hilarious x 2
  5. bigbenhotness

bigbenhotness Well-Known Member

Nov 1, 2014
    Ben gets more of a leash with me lol :D

6. HeinzMustard

HeinzMustard Well-Known Member

Nov 18, 2015
    You must not have been around in January of '95.

7. More Balti

More Balti Member

Dec 3, 2018
  8. RatbirdHater

RatbirdHater Well-Known Member

Aug 7, 2017
    Oh trust me I was.....I was 11 and remember that game very well. That Sand Eggo team was inferior on all levels and got smoked in the big game.