1. Hi Guest, Registrations are now open. See you on the inside.
    Dismiss Notice

I have confidence about Pack game

Discussion in 'Steelers Talk' started by Watt Wack, Nov 22, 2017.

1. HeinzMustard

HeinzMustard Well-Known Member

Nov 18, 2015
    I have a bad feeling about this game. Steelers are due for a Tomlin-era bed-sh!tter.

I wish Aaron Rodgers was healthy and starting QB for the Pack. Steelers would be fired up and ready to hunt bear.

2. Lizard72

Lizard72

Oct 23, 2011
    Yup, they always seem to play these young mobile QBs terribly for a bit.

Especially this year. for some reason they bring that rush wide and open up running lanes for them!

Hopefully the offense can come through again though and allow them to pin ears back and just play pass. JuJu being out doesn't help though.

3. jeh1856

jeh1856 Beer is good

Oct 26, 2011
  4. SteelerGlenn

SteelerGlenn

Nov 24, 2011
    Lol

5. HeinzMustard

Nov 18, 2015
    You won't be laughing when the Steelers are eliminated in the divisional round by an inferior team. If the defense plays the way it did last night giving up huge splash plays against a greenhorn QB, it's gonna be a quick exit.

6. SteelerGlenn

SteelerGlenn

Nov 24, 2011
    You're right I won't be laughing or be happy if the Steelers are one and done in the playoffs. With over a month till the playoffs even start I'm definitely laughing at people who are already predicting a loss.

• Agree Agree x 3
    • Like Like x 1
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
  7. HeinzMustard

Nov 18, 2015
    Judging by what I've seen over the past few weeks, the same inconsistencies are prevalent and there hasn't been any improvement on the D side. Yes, the offense has played better, due to Bell getting more involved in the passing game, but the defense, especially the secondary has too many issues. Too many splash plays against the defense by QBs who shouldn't be torching the secondary as easily as they have... Brissett, Mariota and Hundley.

8. Blast Furnace

Blast Furnace Staff Member Mod Team

Oct 16, 2011
    Mariota has talent but yes, the secondary needs to clean things up before the playoffs.

Some reports have Haden back by the playoffs. That would be huge of course.

• Agree Agree x 1
  9. SteelerGlenn

SteelerGlenn

Nov 24, 2011
    That's where I disagree. All the examples you're giving are games that we've found a way to win. And that's the trend as of late winning.
    The logical prediction given the fact that we're 9-2 and have found ways to win games even when we haven't played up to our perceived potential is we'll beat the Pats.
    Still have the Bungles and rats first though.

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
  10. HeinzMustard

Nov 18, 2015
    I'm worried about injuries before the Patriots game. If we lose Heyward or Shazier for any extended time, the defense is pretty much shredded wheat. Haden can't get back quick enough.

I'd like to see a solid, stress-free victory over a team the Steelers are supposed to beat. And I'm not talking blowout... just 35-17 would be fine with me. Is that asking too much?

11. SteelerGlenn

SteelerGlenn

Nov 24, 2011
    To each their own I guess, but watching the Steelers is rarely stressful to me. To me it's fun and exciting. I love those close games as long as we win.By stress-free you mean excitement free?

Look I'd like to see a more dominate performance against some of these crappy teams, but I'm not going to complain about a win.

• Agree Agree x 2
  12. HeinzMustard

Nov 18, 2015
    Like how we won games in '04. Steelers beat teams soundly that year until the playoffs. It was beautiful to witness.

The Packers were missing their 2 best players... Rodgers and Matthews and it took everything the Steelers had to pull out a win last night. The equivalent to this is the Steelers being without Roethlisberger and Heyward.

13. bigbenhotness

bigbenhotness Well-Known Member

Nov 1, 2014
    man you are more negative than me, lol.

speaking of pats, they struggled to beat jets, texans, chargers, buccaneers. Just have to find ways to win, whether it be defense(previous games) or offense/special teams, just have to find a way to win.

winning 10-7 vs a horrific defense team is the same as winning 35-30 vs a horrific offense team.

Beating the pats 25-24 on a pats boneheaded mistake is the same as beating the pats 44-3 in the playoffs.

Every game is different, too many variables that change the outcome of the games. Bad calls, untimely turnovers, receiver drops, miscues etc.

Just got to keep finding ways to win.

We can squash opponents here on out even the patriots and still be one and done. Ben has been here before, just like Brady every year. 2007 pats come to mind that any given sunday.

Just need to earn a bye, be healthy and get hot come playoff time and roll the dice just like the other teams

• Like Like x 3
  14. Diamond

Diamond Well-Known Member

May 26, 2012
    The front 7 had 4 sacks and contained hundley from running he only had 1 run for 6 yards, heyward was kicking his ass, it was the secondary that didnt do their job, namely burns who cost us two TDs, he is a detrement to this defense.......

• Agree Agree x 2
  15. shaner82

shaner82 Well-Known Member

Oct 16, 2011
    I mostly agree. I'll never complain about a win, a win is a win, but I will talk about how a close game against inferior competition makes me nervous for future games, such as a game vs the Pats that will likely decide the #1 seed. I'm a spoiled Steelers fan. I have come to expect wins, so what I am always looking toward is playoff success. When we play like we did last night, it makes me doubt a SB this year, despite us having probably the most talent in the league. It's just frustrating to know we can play so much better, but often we don't

• Agree Agree x 1
  16. bigbenhotness

bigbenhotness Well-Known Member

Nov 1, 2014
    wait til we draft some safeties and our secondary gets better, we will be the 90s steelers if ben retires lol.

• Agree Agree x 1