1. Hi Guest, Registrations are now open. See you on the inside.
    Dismiss Notice

I guess we focus on the draft now

Discussion in 'The Bill Nunn Draft Room' started by steel1031, Jan 10, 2012.

1. steel1031

steel1031 Well-Known Member

Oct 16, 2011
    I love draft time. IT just come a little sooner than i like this year. at first glance I came up with this. what do you think?

Round 1 Jerel Worthy dt Mich st

round 2 David DeCastro og Stanford

round 3 Josh Chapman dt Alabama

round 4 Brandon Taylor s LSU

round 5 Blake Dechristopher ot Va tech

round 6 Danny Hrapmann k Southern Miss

round 7 Ryan Houston rb north carolina

2. traceman

traceman Well-Known Member

Oct 20, 2011
    DeCastro will be gone

3. steel1031

Oct 16, 2011

Do you think he is a sure first rounder? I know guard is not normally a position of need. tackles normally go first. Is he really that good? I admit I just saw him a couple of times

4. traceman

traceman Well-Known Member

Oct 20, 2011
    Everything I see is saying first round.

5. freakfontana

freakfontana

Oct 19, 2011
    he will be gone in the top 20

DeCastro has been a dominant force this season. A fabulous run blocker, he shoves defensive linemen around at the line of scrimmage and gets to the second level of the defense to hit blocks on linebackers. DeCastro pulls extremely well and hits linebackers on the run. He also is an excellent pass blocker. In limited plays against standout Washington defensive tackle Alameda Ta'amu, the best tackle he faced this season, DeCastro beat him and opened up holes for the Cardinal running backs. He also stonewalled a Ta'amu bull rush. DeCastro is an elite guard with big potential for the next level.

6. americamade2012

americamade2012 Active Member

Jan 1, 2012
    The draft is such a long process do you watch the whole thing or just flip until the steelers pick is up?

7. steel1031

Oct 16, 2011
    Well maybe he would be a good first round pick.

8. steelers5859

steelers5859 Well-Known Member

Oct 23, 2011
    If he is this good, we should be the first team in history to move up to get a guard because we need him.

9. memphis_steeler

memphis_steeler Member

Oct 26, 2011
    DeCastro wont make it out of the top 20 in my opinion... Worthy would play DE in a 3-4, which is not something we need to spend another first round pick on. I like Donta Hightower if he falls to us, or maybe Lamar Miller, the tailback out of Miami, or the offensive tackle from Florida State whose name escapes me at the moment...

10. mongoose

mongoose Active Member

Oct 26, 2011
    If Suisham is cut I think we should look at the FG kicker from Texas AM. Can't think of his name but he is very good. JMO. I think our problems go much deeper than our FG kicker however, even though he is very inconsistant.

11. shaner82

shaner82 Well-Known Member

Oct 16, 2011
    Decastro may very well go top 10. I could see Carolina snapping him up, they need a guard. Analysts are already saying Decastro is a hall of fame type prospect, better than any guard that's come out of college in a very long time. I would love to trade up and get him, but the Steelers generally don't do that, so moving on...

He's a headcase, he has anger problems, he draws a lot of flags, etc. but if he falls to us, I'd love to see us take Burfict. He has the type of attitude that is missing from this team. He's a Joey Porter with more talent. I hate to say it, but he's basically a young Ray Lewis. He will take a lot of coaching and mentoring, but he's not a serial killer, he can be molded to be a typical Steeler. Knowing he probably won't fall to us anyway and even if he did we won't take him, so moving on again...

Realistically, I'd like to see us take Dontari Poe. Hampton is done and it's time to move on. Poe could be our NT for the next 10 years, he's that good. We need a nose tackle badly. Getting a monster at NT again will help Hood and Heyward, which will help our pass rush, which will help our DB's. A monster NT in our system is extremely important

12. shaner82

Oct 16, 2011
    You don't mean take a kicker in the 1st round do you?

13. bigsteelerfaninky

bigsteelerfaninky Well-Known Member

Oct 24, 2011
    i hope this is our draft

1. Dont'a Hightower, ILB, Alabama
    2. Alameda Ta'amu, NT, Washington
    3. Brandon Mosley, OT, Auburn
    4. Omar Bolden, CB, Arizona State
    5. Chris Gallipo, OLB, USC
    6. Darius Fleming Outside Linebacker Notre Dame
    7. Jonas Gray Running Back Notre Dame

14. shaner82

Oct 16, 2011
    I guess no one wants Burfict eh? Too much of a headcase, or do you guys think Hightower is better? I watched a fair bit of Bama games this year and Hightower was super impressive. I didn't get to see as much of Burfict, but what I did see made me think he's special, he just needs a mentor.

15. steel1031

Oct 16, 2011
    Hightower is a beast no doubt about it. as a huge bama fan i would love to see him in black and gold. I think when the combine rolls around his numbers will cause him to be out of reach. and as of right now he hasnt declared. although i think he will. I see bigger need where we need starters now. Linebacker is not one of them. ROLL TIDE

16. freakfontana

freakfontana

Oct 19, 2011
    dontari poe nt
    zietler og
    caey heiward cb
    audie cole lb
    winston guy s
    levi adcock ot
    cody jhonson fb

17. steelersrock151

steelersrock151 Well-Known Member

Nov 18, 2011
    Personal opinion is that HIghtower would be a better pick. More game ready, and less of a bust prospect. Thought he dominated the 4th quarter yesterday. And Burfict was benched most of the 4th q in his bowl game.

Lovve first three picks from Bigsteelerfaninky. Dont think we're going to pick a RB, even in the 7th round. Dont know much about Mosley, but theres a chance Datko falls to here because of his shoulder injury. Think I'd rather see a safety in the 4th, or another O lineman (maybe Nix at guard). 5-7 should be BPA, and the Steelers are pretty good at picking up some winners in the later rounds.