1. Hi Guest, Registrations are now open. See you on the inside.
    Dismiss Notice

I-Formation

Discussion in 'Steelers Talk' started by blake duerden, Oct 1, 2018.

1. blake duerden

blake duerden Well-Known Member

Aug 6, 2017
    Steelers need to get the ball rolling on the ground and use the i-formation more which would help the play action and defence a bit.
    Picking up Bowman with the Bell savings couldnt hurt just to throw him in the rotation and see how he pans out.
    Theres a handful of **** that should be done but i could live with this for now.
    JMO

2. Da Stellars

Da Stellars Well-Known Member

Oct 22, 2011
    I'm all about the Cohwer Power!!!! Ben played better under those restraints... I always liked playaction with Ben.

• Agree Agree x 1
  3. turtle

turtle

Jan 14, 2015
    Not with Ben running the show, its shotgun or bust :lolol:. Seriously though, Rosie Nix paving the way on a couple runs couldn't have hurt. Maybe it would be a positive for the RBs mentality as well. He knows he has to follow his FB so less dancing.

• Agree Agree x 2
  4. Thigpen82

Thigpen82 Bitter optimist

Oct 17, 2011
    I like the idea.

First play of the game:

Hey diddle diddle
    Nix up the middle

5. shaner82

shaner82 Well-Known Member

Oct 16, 2011
    Ben doesn't seem to care much for play action, so don't hold your breath

Last edited: Oct 1, 2018
  6. YinzerBuckeye

YinzerBuckeye Well-Known Member

Aug 20, 2015
    This is Ben's offense. It's gonna be a shotgun-heavy offense as long as Ben has free reign.

More I-Form and Singleback would be better though. We only seem line up in the I when it's short yardage.

• Agree Agree x 1
  7. thorn058

thorn058 Well-Known Member

Oct 19, 2011
    His new favorite formation seems to be that 3WR, 1 TE, single back look where he can move guys all over and go up tempo but it doesn't develop the run game and depends too much on dump offs to the RB if no one can get separation. The Ravens just sat back and let them complete the pass to Conner and then swarmed him. I'm not in favor of switching to Dobbs but at this time I would side with @PWP and put in a 20 play package where he can be a threat to run and maybe confuse a defense.

• Like Like x 1
  8. Da Stellars

Da Stellars Well-Known Member

Oct 22, 2011
    I feel like Jesse and Vance could be a lethal combo, but the offense isn’t geared towards them.