1. Hi Guest, Registrations are now open. See you on the inside.
    Dismiss Notice

I don't think we win a game until Week 8 vs the Browns

Discussion in 'Steelers Talk' started by TenaciousD, Sep 17, 2018.

1. TenaciousD

TenaciousD Well-Known Member

Sep 10, 2017
    I'm having a very hard time seeing a win on the schedule until after the bye week. Can someone convince me otherwise?

Week 3 - @ red-hot Bucs. I see Ryan Fitzpatrick going for 6 or 7 TDs, 400+ yards
    Week 4 - vs Ravens. They always play us tough even when they stink.
    Week 5 - vs Falcons. They just beat a very good Panthers team. Ryan and Julio Jones and Ridley should have a field day.
    Week 6 - @ Bengals. Bengals are the class of the AFCN this year.
    Week 7 - Bye
    Week 8 - If we play a good game we may have a chance to get our first W this week.

So we'll be 1-5-1 going into week 9. Basically will have to win out to have a shot at the wildcard and our remaining games are @ Ravens, Panthers, @ Jaguars, @ Broncos, Chargers, @ Raiders, Patriots, @ Saints and Bengals. I see a max 2 wins in those games (Chargers and Saints).

Final season prediction 3-12-1

Last edited: Sep 17, 2018
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Hilarious Hilarious x 1
  2. Clive From PIT

Clive From PIT I don't often drink...but I'm starting to. Site Admin

Dec 14, 2015
    Unrelated to your post...

[​IMG]

3. lewisha

lewisha Well-Known Member

Dec 27, 2012
    You ruined any chance of having a valid argument by using the word class in any sentence that is about the Bengals.

• Hilarious Hilarious x 2
  4. Diamond

Diamond Well-Known Member

May 26, 2012
    We dont have a coaching staff or players to turn it around so it's quite possible we pick high in the draft this year, but it is early and it would shock me if they go on a winning streak, but I dont see that coming anytime soon....

• Disagree Disagree x 1
  5. TenaciousD

TenaciousD Well-Known Member

Sep 10, 2017
    Curious, where do you see the winning streak happening (against what teams?)

6. Diamond

Diamond Well-Known Member

May 26, 2012
    I guess you missed this part of my post "but I dont see that coming anytime soon"...

7. MojaveDesertPghFan

MojaveDesertPghFan

Oct 19, 2011
    I'm going out on a limb here, but I'm approximately 51% sure Steelers don't lose in Week 7 which comes before the Brownies. But, given the contemporary Twatter world these spoiled immature players reside in, Steelers may very well lose in Week 7 which would make your prediction more accurate.

8. lamberts lunatic

lamberts lunatic Well-Known Member

Nov 14, 2011
    We won't lose to the Browns. We will tie them again. LOL

• Hilarious Hilarious x 1
  9. bigbenhotness

bigbenhotness Well-Known Member

Nov 1, 2014
    Nah the team won’t lose like that lol just don’t see it happen. They eventually “wake up” and start showing life, then go complacent and lose to a crap team, then go on a run and knocked off in the playoffs. Rinse and repeat

10. FootballAnalyst98

FootballAnalyst98 Well-Known Member

Jan 23, 2018
    Our schedule is much tougher than last yr.

• Like Like x 1
  11. bigbenhotness

Nov 1, 2014
    It is but I think we win some games between now and then lol

12. Steelcitian

Steelcitian Well-Known Member

Sep 6, 2017
    Why do people do this? 2 games in and they think the season is over and the team is going to remain this way the rest of the season.

• Agree Agree x 1
  13. 86WardsWay

86WardsWay Well-Known Member

Dec 27, 2012
    We're so bad right now that one of those teams will overlook us as a trap game and fall on their face.

• Hilarious Hilarious x 3
  14. bigbenhotness

Nov 1, 2014
    haha Steelers have become the trap lmao

15. cajunyankee

cajunyankee Well-Known Member

Oct 27, 2011
    Hilton let it out that once again due to communication issues they spotted KC 21.....

Really!!!! Communication Issues!!! Again!!! It's evident on the TV they're lost and confused... James Harrison said last year at times multiple calls would come in .....

Let's not forget this is supposed to be a dumbed down simpler defense by Butler to HELP get rookies on the field because LeBeaus defense was so complicated.....

We have way too much talent to play this bad!!!! Communication is key and is all Coaching..... So is our LBers.... Dupree can't pressure or cover and Bostic & Vince can't cover... Burns isn't getting better and safety by committee is failing....Sutton and sensabaugh can't replace Haden.....

It's entirely possible we lose the next three and the Bengals win the next three which ends our playoff hopes.

I still remain hopeful.... If we pressure Fitz and get some turnovers and the offense gets on track maybe we can turn this around !!!!

Cajun

16. groutbrook

groutbrook

Oct 23, 2016
    I think it's because no matter how the season goes, the outcome is going to be the same as it has been the last several seasons: No trophy. What has this team done to make anyone feel this season will be any different? If anything, they've regressed, they use to beat the Browns at least.

• Agree Agree x 1