1. Hi Guest, Registrations are now open. See you on the inside.
    Dismiss Notice

I am surprised there are no Covid cases this year in the NFL?

Discussion in 'Steelers Talk' started by Brice, Nov 26, 2022.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. jeh1856

jeh1856 Beer is good

Oct 26, 2011
    I think you should have to still have your original draft card

Any war accepted

• Hilarious Hilarious x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  2. groutbrook

groutbrook

Oct 23, 2016
    The same people seem to also be obsessed with you.

• Like Like x 1
    • Hilarious Hilarious x 1
  3. groutbrook

groutbrook

Oct 23, 2016
    What if there was a mishap involving the draft card and fire....

• Hilarious Hilarious x 3
  4. Steel Acorn

Steel Acorn Well-Known Member

Oct 17, 2011
    I was sick last week - tested positive after avoiding it for 2 1/2 years. All vaxxed and got recent booster a week before got sick. Worst sore throat ever. Paxlovid helped. No more symptoms now, but was a bad week.

I am sure NFL players and staff are getting it. If mild, probably just play through it. Gotta believe a locker room and practice are ideal for spreading. I worry for the older coaches and staff - could be bad for them.

• Agree Agree x 3
    • Like Like x 1
  5. jeh1856

jeh1856 Beer is good

Oct 26, 2011
    :rant:

6. DJ18Baller

DJ18Baller Well-Known Member

Dec 8, 2021
    That guy is such a loser

7. Clive From PIT

Clive From PIT I don't often drink...but I'm starting to. Site Admin

Dec 14, 2015
    We told you antibiotics, but noooo, you stayed with leeches.

• Hilarious Hilarious x 7
  8. steel machine

steel machine Well-Known Member

Sep 21, 2017
    Hope all you posters who got ill come around. I must have an extremely lucky immune system. And I abuse the hell out of it.

• Like Like x 2
  9. Wardismvp

Wardismvp Well-Known Member

Oct 26, 2011
    Their dying here everyday in Western Pa, I do think that the cocktails have made a big difference
    if started immediately.

10. groutbrook

groutbrook

Oct 23, 2016
    I'm asking for an old friend, I wasn't around these parts in the days of military drafting.

• Like Like x 1
  11. 86WardsWay

86WardsWay Well-Known Member

Dec 27, 2012

I've read the phrase "turning this into another bashing Tomlin thread" several times on this forum. I'm not going to go search them all out but they are there.

12. SteelerGlenn

SteelerGlenn

Nov 24, 2011
    Thanks for proving my point.

• Like Like x 1
  13. 86WardsWay

Dec 27, 2012
    YW

14. KnoxVegasSteel

KnoxVegasSteel Well-Known Member

Oct 21, 2011
    Tomlins covid management is worst in the league for nearly 3 seasons and he should be fired immediately.

But seriously, I picked it up during the trip to Pittsburgh last December when we came up for the titans game. Could have been on the plane/airport, crammed into the T, or any of the bars downtown, who knows. It was definitely worth it as we had a blast. I've definitely been a lot sicker in my life but the covid cough lasted about 6 months.

• Like Like x 2
  15. S.T.D

S.T.D Well-Known Member

Dec 23, 2020
    Ah good ole leeches....good for anything from a headache to the flu.
    Just don't put them on Your......cough....cough......
    d!<k.....very hard to get off.

• Like Like x 1
  16. biggbunch68

biggbunch68

Apr 26, 2012

What are the dying? And what colors are the dying it ?

• Like Like x 1
  17. Wardismvp

Wardismvp Well-Known Member

Oct 26, 2011
    Did I spell that wrong? Sorry .

• Like Like x 1
  18. S.T.D

S.T.D Well-Known Member

Dec 23, 2020
    No it's correct. You spelled it correctly.
    Dyeing is changing the color of something. Still it made Me laugh when @biggbunch68 asked.

• Like Like x 2
  19. steel machine

steel machine Well-Known Member

Sep 21, 2017
    Owner of my golf course got it and after a week told us it wasn't so bad. Then for the next 6-8 months all we heard if he was out working on the course was a terrible hacking cough. Thankfully he's back to keeping up a nice course.

• Like Like x 3
  20. dobbler-33

dobbler-33 Well-Known Member

Nov 13, 2011
    made Will Wheaton pass out if I recall correctly hahaha

• Winner Winner x 1
  21. dobbler-33

dobbler-33 Well-Known Member

Nov 13, 2011
    Something had to give with the whole Covid protocol in the league and in real life I suppose. It went from holy hell to watered down fairly quickly while still remaining the worst thing ever. Truth is you need asses in the seats and the product on the field and both at all costs.

I’m not anti vax as my card for my generation was just as long as my generation called for and longer than the generations prior. My kids are longer than mine. However I dipped out of this Covid thing got called an anti guy and all the rest.

When parts of the govt said we won’t mandate, then in fact mandated and voted to wreck jobs and permissions for any and all whilst exempting themselves and ya know the elite folk I thought better of it.

To each their own but you can miss me with all of this Covid vax garbage. 2 shots to freedom then booster after booster and still it keeps on a coming. I don’t need the extra calories… nor does seemingly the rest of those watering things down to keep business booming it seems. Such is life but anyhow I wish all the best come sick season

• Like Like x 2
  22. 86WardsWay

Dec 27, 2012

Covid is a bioweapon and nobody will ever convince me otherwise. It affects people different ways. I had it twice. The first time I felt it was at the workplace. A bunch of people were passing it around. I didn't feel half bad while a coworker ended up with months in the hospital and a double lung transplant. He was probably the healthiest person at work before that. Neither of us were vaxxed or boosted. The second time I got it I felt like I was run over by a freight train. Both of us are back at work full time and neither of us has been ill for several months. Another coworker just had it last week. He was double boosted and vaxxed. Fuaci wouldn't even answer where it originated from.:icon evil:

• Like Like x 2
    • Informative Informative x 1
  23. Formerscribe

Formerscribe Well-Known Member

Dec 18, 2016
    My doctor told me not to bother with the last booster. The newer one supposedly helps, but I haven't gotten it.

Getting vaccinated for COVID doesn't mean you won't get it, but it improves your odds of avoiding it and makes you far less likely to get very sick if you do get infected. Maybe it didn't seem like such a big deal since I've always gotten my flu shot. I've got asthma, so I don't mess with that stuff. It doesn't mean I have never gotten the flu and I know that. These things are meant to improve our odds. Not smoking doesn't guarantee someone won't ever get cancer, but it will improve their odds of avoiding it.

I know people who died from COVID, including one of my neighbors. I got it in August. It sucked, but it wasn't awful. I'm still fighting the cough, but yeah, I'm glad I did what I could to protect myself.

• Like Like x 3
  24. HeinzMustard

HeinzMustard Well-Known Member

Nov 18, 2015
    I got Covid back in September. It was like a mild Flu that lasted longer. Had a sinus infection that lingered for a few weeks. Coronavirus is still dangerous and should not be taken lightly. I had a co worker that died from Covid pneumonia.

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  25. 86WardsWay

Dec 27, 2012

Wishing you a full recovery. It definitely can be an uphill battle.

• Like Like x 3
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.