1. Hi Guest, Registrations are now open. See you on the inside.
    Dismiss Notice

I am convinced of three things:

Discussion in 'Steelers Talk' started by Rhys Lightning 63, Jan 14, 2018.

1. Rhys Lightning 63

Rhys Lightning 63 Well-Known Member

Nov 30, 2015
    1 - With a healthy Shazier, we beat New England (and Jacksonville today)
    2 - THAT WAS A CATCH against New England (with or without that BS rule)
    3 - This will not be Ben's last game

• Agree Agree x 1
  2. harristotle

harristotle Well-Known Member

Oct 17, 2011
  3. Jay31

Jay31 Well-Known Member

Oct 8, 2017
    I am definitely seeing on how important Ryan Shazier was to the Steelers defense. With Ryan on the field, the Steelers were knocking on being a great defense. Without him on the field, the defense is average. Ryan can cover receivers, tight ends, and running backs, and he can blitz the quarterback good. He sometimes misses tackles, but his pros is better than his cons.

4. vlad582

vlad582 Well-Known Member

Jan 12, 2017
    I think the biggest problem the steelers have had for some time is depth. We need to do a better job in the draft of getting productive young guys on the cheap for injury fill ins. The steelers have been in cap squeeze for a while and you just can't afford depth that isn't home grown through the draft. We can't have any more Jones, Duprees, etc that are getting round 1 salaries and bringing no value on the field. We also need to be getting late round talent that can come in and play more than special teams. We have been hitting on offense but missing badly on defense.

5. 86WardsWay

86WardsWay Well-Known Member

Dec 27, 2012
    I agree about Shazier.

I don't know if we will ever see that again, with or without him coming back.

6. stangboy06

stangboy06 Well-Known Member

Nov 14, 2011
    I think his number one priority is walking again maybe if Troy Polamalu would come back give me a break

7. steel1031

steel1031 Well-Known Member

Oct 16, 2011
    we built the defense around shaziers speed. it don't work without him. it showed. this draft just got very important.