1. Hi Guest, Registrations are now open. See you on the inside.
    Dismiss Notice

I admit it! The loss is all my fault.

Discussion in 'Steelers Talk' started by thorn058, Jan 9, 2012.

1. mdbates2

mdbates2 Well-Known Member

Nov 3, 2011
    And you didn't call the police??? What is WRONG with you man???!!!

2. mdbates2

Nov 3, 2011
    Talk about HORRIBLE play calling! Wow! See what happens when we end the season with easy opponents. EVERYONE's off of their game.

3. Cali Doll

Cali Doll Well-Known Member

Oct 16, 2011
    It's my fault. The Steelers always lose when I watch the game. I'm sorry! I get to see so few games that I couldn't resist! :oops:

4. mdbates2

Nov 3, 2011
    Hmmmmm this one is a bit of a stretch, don't you think? I would hesitate to think that a citizen of STEELER NATION watching the game would lead to a loss - but well - stranger things have happened.

5. TheWanderer

TheWanderer Well-Known Member

Oct 20, 2011
  6. gpguy

gpguy Well-Known Member

Dec 19, 2011
  7. Ray D

Ray D Staff Member Mod Team

Oct 18, 2011
    We can laugh. But a few of us would have to admit we've blamed losses on superstitions as well.

"Damn, should have worn the other jersey."

"Damn, I should have known better than to wear something I bought after the season started."

"That's the last time I let anyone else watch the game with me."

Etc, etc etc etc etc.... :roflmao:

8. TheWanderer

Oct 20, 2011
    my pens hat was on the coffee table for both the flacco/torrey smith score and the tebow/d thomas 80yrd td.

so, uh . . . muh bad . . .

9. black&gold in NJ

black&gold in NJ Well-Known Member

Jan 3, 2012
    I agree, I remember in the 90's we played the Giants and I bet my boy (Giants fan) we would win.We lost, and I never bet on the Steelers again!

10. mdbates2

Nov 3, 2011
    Oh - MAN!!! What a lapse in judgement!!! You had past evidence that a certain technique was ineffective and yet you tried it AGAIN??!! What's your REAL NAME? Bruce Arians??!!!

11. mdbates2

Nov 3, 2011
  12. TheWanderer

Oct 20, 2011
    yeah, i don't know what megan was thinking! she was treating it like a preseason game. careless! it was like she WANTED the packers to lose! and casey didn't even WANT the sparkles!! she wasn't concerned about 'pretty', she was in the hunt for the lombardi. and going with the matthews jersey over the rodgers jersey? fatal. i can promise you this, never again will casey allow sparkles to be added for a big game. and i'm pretty sure the matthews jersey has been burned by now. from now on, casey will definitely be handling all of the big game management decisions without megan's help.

13. winggin

winggin Well-Blitzed Member

Oct 23, 2011
    It was me!!! You all broke away from tradition (breaking Karma or whatever) but I stayed true to my routine. Instead of going with the flow I went against it. Thereby tilting the axis of victory to defeat.

No more no boomboom before the big fight!!!

14. shadowmaker

shadowmaker Well-Known Member

Nov 3, 2011
    No its my fault. I didnt stay home and watch it and set the DVR to record it. Then I couldnt stand and I checked for updates on my phone. Having done all that, I didnt have not ONE piece of Steeler attire on, so its totally my fault. :cry: :frustrated:

15. Ray D

Ray D Staff Member Mod Team

Oct 18, 2011
    Even Clay Matthews blames her. ;)

http://media.zenfs.com/en/blogs/sptusnf ... stweet.jpg

16. Azhriaz

Azhriaz Active Member

Oct 23, 2011
    It was my fault, i know better than to come back to a game if the steelers luck turned around while i was gone. I turned the game off once our luck turned against us. I was so tired of the tebow mania before the game i was just "done". Family called to let me know we were tied with 2 minutes left. I flipped the tv on and we lost. :(.

17. Thigpen82

Thigpen82 Bitter optimist

Oct 17, 2011
    You must know by now that you should NEVER return to the same TV once it's switched off mid-game. It offends the laws of nature. Or something.

For my part, I was on my honeymoon - so I checked the early score, we were winning, then left it content that a victory was a sure thing.

I'm still lying awake wondering how differently the game might have turned out if there was just one more Steelers fan screaming at their TV...

18. Thigpen82

Thigpen82 Bitter optimist

Oct 17, 2011
    Incidentally, I like to think this thread resembles the actual team talk the morning after the game. "It's all on me, coach, I didn't touch my left shoe three times before the game like I did every other game we've won..."

19. jhmiller3

jhmiller3 Well-Known Member

Oct 22, 2011
    :roflmao: :roflmao: Yeah, I can see it all now...too funny! :roflmao: :roflmao:

20. snipit73

snipit73

Oct 23, 2011
    Why are we blaming the team for their losses when it's all yinzes fault! :lolol:

21. mdbates2

Nov 3, 2011
    Whoa - lie awake all you want - it was probably ALL the difference.

22. mdbates2

Nov 3, 2011
    Ohhhhhh OUR fault?! Are you denying your own part in this debacle????

23. snipit73

snipit73

Oct 23, 2011
    :lolol: Of Course! :lol: It's my wife's fault! Yeah that's it!

24. mdbates2

Nov 3, 2011
    Really? You didn't go to media silence mode? What were you thinking - AND you didn't wear any Steelers attire? My goodness! I wouldn't attend a FUNERAL without Steelers attire if I knew they were playing while I was away. We may DEFINITELY have to drop you on the depth chart for next year. You played below the line on this one.

25. mdbates2

Nov 3, 2011
    Well - you have the whole off-season and training camp to evaluate your routine and make the necessary adjustments. Every year is a new year and there are necessary changes that have to be made. So - you've got a lot of work to do, but plenty of time to do it. Please please PLEASE - do NOT disregard OTAs, and if you need to, arrange for some independent training sessions with other Steelers fans to make sure you are sure of your technique before the season begins next year. The sky's the limit for Steeler Nation - but it is evident we have become a bit too complacent. I'm sure we will unleash h*ll next year. Bring it on!!