1. Hi Guest, Registrations are now open. See you on the inside.
    Dismiss Notice

I admit it! The loss is all my fault.

Discussion in 'Steelers Talk' started by thorn058, Jan 9, 2012.

1. mdbates2

mdbates2 Well-Known Member

Nov 3, 2011
    Doesn't it feel good to air out our own personal failures in this loss? There's lots of blame to go around. Keep 'em coming!

2. 4EvrH8O'donnel

4EvrH8O'donnel Well-Known Member

Nov 18, 2011
    Unfortunately, I share some of this guilt myself.

I did all of regular rituals and even double checked to see about all the usual then I cut firewood all day and started drinking way to early. By 2nd qtr, I switched from the Steelers Can Cooler domestic beer to the higher octane microbrew in my nicer steelers glass. When the Steelers tied the game up in the 4th quarter I went to set the glass on the counter and missed. It smashed into a hunderd pieces. I told the wife the Steelers are not going to win now. :(

3. black&gold in NJ

black&gold in NJ Well-Known Member

Jan 3, 2012
    I thought it was my fault the season ended the way it did. I try not to be overconfident when we play, this year I made the mistake of doing that twice(2ndBalt gm and SF, I don't know what came over me) which resulted in us losing #1seed and being Tebowed

4. Tiny

Tiny Well-Known Member

Oct 24, 2011
    I will also take some of the blame. I was hungover on Sunday, and didn't drink during the first half. At halftime, I sucked it up and made adjustments to my gameplan (unlike the coaches) and downed a few cold ones. We started coming back, but unfortunately, it was too little, too late. It will never happen again.

5. snipit73

snipit73

Oct 23, 2011
    :thumbsup: Since Yinz are takin' all the blame that leaves me off the hook!!!!!!!!!!! :applaud:

6. mdbates2

Nov 3, 2011
    Another one in denial.

7. mdbates2

Nov 3, 2011
    I think that this thread makes it very evident that this loss involved a complete breakdown in all phases. It wasn't just coaches, players, mistakes, execution, gameplan, clock-management or anything else covered in the OTHER threads. It was a complete breakdown in readiness and preparedness, including the rituals and traditions that have been established by the fans and have led to Steeler dominance over 4 decades!

8. gpguy

gpguy Well-Known Member

Dec 19, 2011
    Sure throw me in there too...pretty soon there will be enough of us to blame that the Steelers will be off the hook.

I'll share some "odd" stories to for the heck of it. This season it seemed like anytime i wore a jersey either that player got hurt or another significant player did. Also most games I just wear some like PJ pants and such (just something comfy to wear around the house)...so this weekend shortly after the game started and they were up and playing good...i put on my new Steelers PJ pants (and a Steelers T) and then things went down hill majorly...so at some point during the 3rd qtr...i put what I had on before back on...and the team comes back, hahah. Its just funny stuff i tell ya.

9. mdbates2

Nov 3, 2011
    So - in fact - you're saying that if you hadn't changed into your Steeler PJ pants, the Steelers would have blown out the Broncos?

Figures.

10. Tdot Steeler Fan

Tdot Steeler Fan Well-Known Member

Nov 17, 2011
    I sat on the wrong side of the couch that must be why we lost.

11. gpguy

gpguy Well-Known Member

Dec 19, 2011
    Theres a VERY good chance of this...they would have DEFINITELY won though.

12. cork

cork Active Member

Nov 3, 2011
    I guess I can shoulder some blame also. I wore all my new Christmas gift Steeler gear. ALL untested. Also for the first time all year the menu was Mexican.

13. mdbates2

Nov 3, 2011
    WHAT???!!!!! You wore UNTESTED Steeler gear in the PLAYOFFS????!!!!! What the heck do you think EXHIBITION games are for - rookies to win roster spots and veterans to tune up for the season or something?? Holy cow - it's a wonder we were even IN this until the end.

14. mdbates2

Nov 3, 2011
    By the way - my brother takes some credit for the loss too. He lived in Tampa and we won SB XLIII. Then he moved to Dallas and we went to SB XLV. This year he REFUSED to move to Indy and look what happened. Where is the SB next year? He needs to get packin'!

15. gpguy

gpguy Well-Known Member

Dec 19, 2011
    My Steelers PJ Pants were new from Xmas too. So I must have double whammy'd them.

16. jhmiller3

jhmiller3 Well-Known Member

Oct 22, 2011
    Ooh, now that smarts! :bye: :blackeye:

17. Myronwemissyinz

Myronwemissyinz

Oct 17, 2011
    I will take my share as well....I posted Carls STONE COLD LOCKS twice this season

49ers game and Broncos game.....But if its still out there next year Ill do it again. Just funny stuff.

18. mdbates2

Nov 3, 2011
    So - we'll know who to blame NEXT year if there are problems then. Thanks for the heads up. We're all going to have to pick up our game when you post those things.

19. mdbates2

Nov 3, 2011
    Anyone else want to fess up to their part in the loss? It's very cleansing. Trust me.

20. snipit73

snipit73

Oct 23, 2011
    :D Not MEEEEEEEEE I told ben not throw those bombs! But did he listen to me? NOOOOOOOOOO
    So it aint my fault!

21. pjgruden

pjgruden

Oct 16, 2011
    In an attempt to try and be a little healthier, I made a buffalo chicken salad instead of just buffalo wings. Maybe that's why they played like they were completely lost?
    Word to the wise, never screw with game day food!

22. mdbates2

Nov 3, 2011
    Really? You ate salad? Salad??!! During a game???!!!!! What is wrong with you? Salad isn't food - ESPECIALLY GAME DAY FOOD! Salad is FOOD'S food!

Well well well. It is obvious that we did not stand a chance in this game. Alright - I think we need to buckle down during Training Camp and prepare to be in it for the long haul. How could things have fallen apart so completely in the last game??!!

23. mdbates2

Nov 3, 2011
    O.K. Mr. Perfect. Fine. I'm sure there's SOMETHING that you did/didn't do that was different from usual. You're just afraid to admit it. This was a TOTAL STEELER NATION defeat. How can you call yourself a Steelers Fan - or a citizen of Steeler Nation and point the finger like that. The standard is the standard, and I'm pretty sure you played below the line!

24. pellynch14

pellynch14 Well-Known Member

Oct 30, 2011
    I think I have everyone beat. My wife was not home for the first quarter of the game. She walked in the door at the beginning of the second quarter! By half-way through the 3rd I told her she was bad luck and she need to leave the house. That did not go over to well :doh:

25. SteelerLady

SteelerLady Active Member

Dec 6, 2011
    I've got to take my share of the blame too. My husband ALWAYS picks up the beer by himself. To save time, since we were already out, we stopped together. By the way, that game made me sick. Literally. I came down with the flu during the 4th quarter and have been in bed with a high fever until now.