1. Hi Guest, Registrations are now open. See you on the inside.
    Dismiss Notice

I admit it! The loss is all my fault.

Discussion in 'Steelers Talk' started by thorn058, Jan 9, 2012.

1. thorn058

thorn058 Well-Known Member

Oct 19, 2011
    Yep I will accept all the blame. I was the cause of the loss. Before the opening day loss to the Ravens I put on m Miller Jersey and got my son(who was born in April all decked out in his Steelers creeper. Took a couple of pictures and posted them on facebook. Result epic failure on opening day , the embarrassment of which we may never live down.

Then for Wild-Card weekend I felt that I could sidestep the normal routine of not wearing a jersey and only bringing out the towel when they were down. I trimmed my playoff beard(major taboo) I once again donned a jersey, Got the kids and my fiance all decked out in the stuff I bought them for Christmas and once again took a few pictures and posted them on facebook.

End result just as on opening day EPIC FAIL. I feel so low for having done this to Steeler Nation, Sorry guys lesson learned no more messing with Karma :beg:

2. harristotle

harristotle Well-Known Member

Oct 17, 2011
    I accept part of the responsibility as well. I didn't put my game day attire on until halftime...

3. troybellringer55

troybellringer55 Well-Known Member

Nov 17, 2011
    I hate to burst your bubble but the 53 Pittsburgh Steelers that suited up yesterday lost the game.

4. thorn058

Oct 19, 2011
    What you mean I hold no power over wins and losses? The playoff beard does not grant me special powers to will the team to victory? :superman:

5. troybellringer55

troybellringer55 Well-Known Member

Nov 17, 2011
    Sadly no. If it did you would look like ZZ top and the Steelers would have one the past 5 superbowls.

6. colsteveaustin

colsteveaustin Well-Known Member

Oct 17, 2011
    I tend to do the same things also.I don't know if I believe in that stuff(karma) in sports? Ultimately,The Steelers have to play the game and win. They lost it.Not us the fans. It's kinda easy to think that though.

7. jhmiller3

jhmiller3 Well-Known Member

Oct 22, 2011
    Sorry, bellringer is wrong, and I have to share some of the blame. I didn't have my standard So-Co on-the-rocks by my side. :shots:

The bottle went dry some how. :confused:

8. Steel Buckeye

Steel Buckeye Well-Known Member

Oct 20, 2011
    Now lets not start talking nonsense. We all know it depends on what the fans do. Its actually my fault i had my Ward jersey on instead of my Polamalu playoff jersey. But please dont punish me Steeler nation, i live in cleveland again, that is punishment enough

9. NM Steelers Fan

NM Steelers Fan Well-Known Member

Jan 2, 2012
    Damn you all to HELL!!!! LMAO, not really. I was looking for a reason to see if it was my fault also. Superstion is a wierd thing ain't it?

10. KnoxVegasSteel

KnoxVegasSteel Well-Known Member

Oct 21, 2011
    You should fire yourself for that poor game planning and lackluster execution thorn.

11. harristotle

harristotle Well-Known Member

Oct 17, 2011
    It really is. I'm not superstitious about much, but the Steelers is one thing that am superstitious about.

12. TerribleTowelFlying

TerribleTowelFlying Staff Member Site Admin Mod Team

Oct 12, 2011
    I blame myself. My playoff beard just didn't grow in like it normally does this year AND there were a couple more silver specks in it this time. :beard: :superstition:

13. mdbates2

mdbates2 Well-Known Member

Nov 3, 2011
    O.K. I'll take some blame too. The last two Super Bowl WINS (XL and XLIII), my wife and I found out she was pregnant just before the playoffs. Both of my daughters are Super Bowl babies.

This year...

No Baby = No Super Bowl.

Unfortunately for the Steelers, we have medically assured that they will never again win a Super Bowl unless someone else can pick up the slack.

14. Iowasteeljim

Iowasteeljim

Oct 26, 2011
    Thank God! I was looking for someone to blame...you folks have given me several. I now it wasn't the injuries or the game planning or the fact that the team didn't decide to play until the 2nd half. And it for sure wasn't the fact that they weren't even ready for the first play of overtime. No, it is all of you that can't stick with tradition and don't seem to understand superstition. I'm going to go look for a new fan base...losers!

15. FeartheBeard

FeartheBeard Well-Known Member

Oct 26, 2011

I also will take part of the blame....my husband wore his Miller jersey for the first time all season. I told him if they started to lose, he had to take it off-which he promptly did at halftime. My nephew came straight from his basketball game and did not wear his Harrison jersey. And, finally, my two sisters and I ALWAYS stand during playoff games - only one of us did on Sunday :-(

16. mdbates2

Nov 3, 2011
    Oh COME ON, Iowasteeljim! Admit it - there was something YOU did wrong too. Look deep inside and I'm sure you'll find something. This was a Steeler NATION loss - accept responsibility and get out of the denial stage!

17. FeartheBeard

FeartheBeard Well-Known Member

Oct 26, 2011

:amen:

18. mdbates2

Nov 3, 2011
    By the way - I love this thread. :)

19. snipit73

snipit73

Oct 23, 2011
    [attachment=0:117iihl7]FBAI!.gif[/attachment:117iihl7]

20. grannieBurgh

grannieBurgh Well-Known Member

Oct 20, 2011
    Oh please don't fire any of the above fans!! I'm sure a little one-on-one lecture will straighten them out for next year. I myself did nothing wrong to prepare for the game but my Terrible Towel got knocked off its position of honor on the couch. I don't know who did it since I was home alone.

21. thorn058

Oct 19, 2011
    I also threw caution to the wind by wearing a jersey and "one for the other thumb" t-shirt to work on Friday. During the season I noticed that every Friday that I did this the team lost and when I didn't they won. I think I really ticked the universe off. I intend next season to not wear anything or maybe some Ravens gear to turn my powers to good.

22. mdbates2

Nov 3, 2011
    O.K. First we had denial - now we have DEFLECTION! Please - don't blame anyone but yourself.

23. Coastal Steeler

Coastal Steeler

Oct 16, 2011
    Yep me too. I didn't change my underware that day.
    Hey laugh to keep from Crying. Smokey Robinson had a song line that.

24. Iowasteeljim

Iowasteeljim

Oct 26, 2011
    Honestly, I didn't pick up my Terrible Towel once and I think that is what did us in. I was too busy throwing things, crying, cursing, beheading children, casting spells on Bronco players and sacrificing small animals...you know the "usual" stuff!

25. Cbus Steelers

Cbus Steelers Well-Known Member

Oct 25, 2011
    I was standing all game and when frustration set in and I sat down in an empty recliner, the Steelers scored their first TD. I was back up and excited when the Broncos added the FG to go up 10. So I sat back down for the Steelers FG, McGahee's fumble and was sitting when Cotchery caught the TD that tied it. I announced to everyone at my place that me sitting down was good luck.

I was so pumped up and played "Here we Go" at the beginning of overtime to get everyone at my place excited. Was still standing and making my way back to my seat as the first snap of overtime occurred...

As you can all see, I share a lot in the blame for this loss. Why didn't I just stay seated??????? :frustrated: