1. Hi Guest, Registrations are now open. See you on the inside.
    Dismiss Notice

HYPOTHETICAL, IF DESHAUN WATSON FALLS TO THE TWENTIES WILL THE STEELERS TAKE A SHOT?

Discussion in 'The Bill Nunn Draft Room' started by Wardismvp, Jan 22, 2017.

1. PWP

PWP Well-Known Member

Oct 26, 2011
    We would be way dumb to not get him if anywhere close to our pick..He will be a top 10 pick though so no way he even gets close ...

2. steelersrule6

steelersrule6 Well-Known Member

Nov 14, 2011
    Yeah let's waste a first round pick on a guy who can't help us this season :facepalm:.

3. Diamond

Diamond Well-Known Member

May 26, 2012
    He will be drafted top 5 at worst top 10, our window to get to a superbowl is 1 to 2 years with Ben, we need to draft where we have critical need, not trade our draft picks away to move up to get watson to carry a clip board for two years....

4. steelersrock151

steelersrock151 Well-Known Member

Nov 18, 2011
    I'm finding myself a]thinking about whether Mahommes II is worthy of our first round pick. Guess I'll know more after the combine. Watson is the real deal, don't get me wrong. My personal belief is that he is the one qb in the draft that will be able to step up in 2017 and help a team. But his ceiling beyond that is kind of, well, where he is now. Mahommes won't help anyone next year. But in the right system, give him two years an he may be the best qb in the last couple of years. Kind of the guy the Patriots will be looking for.

5. SanDiegoSteel

SanDiegoSteel Well-Known Member

Nov 16, 2016
    Mahomes is the only QB I'd feel comfortable taking and relying on in Rd1.

6. turtle

turtle

Jan 14, 2015
    Watson and Trubisky are throwing in California somewhere and I heard on the radio (can't remember who) saying that Watson is the real deal. I can't imagine him getting out of the first half of round 1 if he shows well at Pro Day. I don't know if he is throwing at Combine.

7. mac daddyo

mac daddyo Well-Known Member

Oct 22, 2011
    webb drop to the mid rounds maybe? the kid from penn? :shrug::cool:

8. StillHERNation

StillHERNation Well-Known Member

Feb 7, 2017
    Jerod Evans is better than Desaun Watson.

• Disagree Disagree x 2
  9. Wardismvp

Wardismvp Well-Known Member

Oct 26, 2011

I agree Turtle & unfortunately he will go to the Jets/ Bills and be counted on to win games by himself. All these Qb's in this draft
    will need help to succeed, the Steelers have the roster in place to help a young QB.