1. Hi Guest, Registrations are now open. See you on the inside.
    Dismiss Notice

hypothetical...for now

Discussion in 'Steelers Talk' started by spleeny09, Oct 27, 2011.

1. spleeny09

spleeny09 Well-Known Member

Oct 27, 2011
    Suppose Thanksgiving rolls around and we are in a tight race with the Ravens for the division title...which is probably going to be the case. And suppose Jim Harbaugh and his SF 49ers have their division just about locked up...which is probably going to be the case. Does Jim Harbaugh and his SF 49ers throw the Thanksgiving night game and allow his brother John Harbaugh and the Baltimore Ravens to win the game just to keep pace with us for the AFC North division title?

2. KnoxVegasSteel

KnoxVegasSteel Well-Known Member

Oct 21, 2011
    I can't see it happening. I think that would be a stretch even for these guys. I know I wouldn't lay down for my brother to roll over my team. Not to mention, there are 45 other men suited up on the field. If Harbaugh told his men to lay down and let the rats win, there would likely be a mutiny on the Bounty.

3. diehardsteel

diehardsteel Well-Known Member

Oct 19, 2011
    If anything that brotherly rivalry may make it even more intense and nasty. Big brother won't want little brother to make him look bad on national TV. Look at the Ryan brothers as an example.

4. HugeSnack

HugeSnack Well-Known Member

Oct 17, 2011
    I have trouble imagining it, but I have trouble imagining all kinds of things the Harbaughs do. I agree about the mutiny, but there are plenty of ways for a coach to throw a game without alerting his players. He just has to "accidently" make a few bad decisions.

5. KnoxVegasSteel

KnoxVegasSteel Well-Known Member

Oct 21, 2011
    I just noticed your signature. LMAO!!!!
    You should add quotes and -HugeSnack at the end!

6. HugeSnack

HugeSnack Well-Known Member

Oct 17, 2011
    Ha, thanks. I'm thinking about sending it in to The Onion, because it would make a great headline.

"Hines Ward hopes to rub off on teammates before retiring
    (subtitle) Mike Tomlin stifles giggle"

7. TerribleTowelFlying

TerribleTowelFlying Staff Member Site Admin Mod Team

Oct 12, 2011
  8. spleeny09

spleeny09 Well-Known Member

Oct 27, 2011
    Yeah...there is no way he would ask his team to lay down and no way they would if asked...but for some reason I pictures those two talkin over a turkey dinner early that morning and Jim saying something along the lines of "if we are in this formation we are gonna run this play" or something like that. I just wouldn't put anything past those two.

9. BurgherBoy7

BurgherBoy7 Well-Known Member

Oct 16, 2011
    No, there's still some things at stake for the 49ers. As of now Im expecting the #1 seed in the NFC to be the packers and theres always the #2 spot to play for which comes with a bye. So I highly doubt Jim Harbaugh is just going to lay down and let the ravens win. Plus its unethical