1. Hi Guest, Registrations are now open. See you on the inside.
    Dismiss Notice

Howard or Lawson??

Discussion in 'The Bill Nunn Draft Room' started by cajunyankee, Jan 28, 2017.

1. cajunyankee

cajunyankee Well-Known Member

Oct 27, 2011
    Howard or Lawson????

if these two guys are there @ 30 who do you pick??? One offense and one defense???

Cajun

2. steelersrule6

steelersrule6 Well-Known Member

Nov 14, 2011
    I would know more after the combine, Howard would be nice value at #30 though.

3. thesteeldeal

thesteeldeal Well-Known Member

Oct 18, 2011
    If Lawson lasts til 30 there has to be some questions about him and health being one of them. I feel that if he was good enough to help right away he would go higher because teams are always looking for pass rush and the guys with the least amount of questions go quickly. The TE position usually isn't drafted as a priority so if Howard does last that long he would be a steal...imo. Plus I think Howard can really help with the fate of Bryant and Green being up in the air,he could fill two voids.

4. turtle

turtle

Jan 14, 2015
    Howard being available at 30 is hard for me to accept. IF he makes it past Miami, Houston is a very likely landing spot as well.

I would have to go Lawson in this scenario.

5. steelersrock151

steelersrock151 Well-Known Member

Nov 18, 2011
    If Howard is there, you take him unless there is a higher rated player at a position of need available. Lawson is not. End of discussion.

6. turtle

turtle

Jan 14, 2015
    I wouldn't take Lawson either due to his injury history, but Howard is big, fast, can block, and can catch. Him being at 30 is a pipe dream.

7. thesteeldeal

thesteeldeal Well-Known Member

Oct 18, 2011
    Probably.......what do you guys think about Njoku in a later round. Not sure where he's projected.....

8. turtle

turtle

Jan 14, 2015
    Another first round guy, some have him above OJ Howard. He's just a touch smaller than Howard. I think he'll be gone by 30 as well.

9. Wardismvp

Wardismvp Well-Known Member

Oct 26, 2011
    Big boards my friends, they move up and down, really big crap shoot. I have seen strange things happen.Probably why passionate fans get real excited this time of year, myself included.
    I personally do not watch enough football to be an expert, but there are people on this board
    that I trust there opinion for me to look at players more closely.We all want what is best for the PGH Steelers. Take the eye test, go with your gut, ask yourself, do you see
    them transitioning to the pro level. THE MILLION DOLLAR QUESTION.

10. AskQuestionsLater

AskQuestionsLater Writing Team

Apr 21, 2016
    Neither.

Lawson scares me personally. Far too many medical red flags.

As it stands for Howard, he would work extremely well in Pittsburgh but due to the caliber of player, a tight end no less, is seldom seen, he will be long gone by 30 as turtle stated.

As such, BPA for whomever that may be.