1. Hi Guest, Registrations are now open. See you on the inside.
    Dismiss Notice

How much would you trade up for #10 in the draft.. Poll

Discussion in 'Steelers Talk' started by mcam, Mar 23, 2019.

1. 1st Round

2.4%
  2. 1st and 2nd round

14.3%
  3. 1st, 2nd, and 3rd round (66ovr)

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  4. 1st, 2nd, and 3rd round (122ovr)

9.5%
  5. 1st, 2nd, both 3rds

2.4%
  6. 1st, 2nd, both 3rds, and 4 fourth.

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  7. I would not trade up to #10

71.4%
  1. mcam

mcam Well-Known Member

Feb 5, 2017
    I hear the backup long snapper of '09 has some beef on Ben he wants share. :dancing:

2. AskQuestionsLater

AskQuestionsLater Writing Team

Apr 21, 2016

Pittsburgh has not traded out of the First Round since 1967. That is over a half century ago. Personally, I would not count on it.

• Informative Informative x 1
  3. BigBensBigBong

BigBensBigBong Well-Known Member

Dec 14, 2014
    After voting no, I could see value in trading our 1st, 3rd (from oak) and 5th if it got us somebody special.

• Agree Agree x 1
  4. BigBensBigBong

BigBensBigBong Well-Known Member

Dec 14, 2014
    I`ll throw a question out there. How high could we move up in the second round offering our second (52) and third (66)?

5. NY STEELERFAN

NY STEELERFAN Well-Known Member

Dec 10, 2012
    I don't want to trade out of the first round but I have no problem moving back 2-5 spots and gaining a pick or two to use to move up in the 2nd and/or 3rd. I have been the trade back guy the last few years. Obviously it depends what players are left, I only want to move back as many spots as I would have players. For example say I am considering Murphy, Baker, Adderly, Fant and Burns I would only want to move back 5 spots max.

Like I have said in other threads this is a loaded draft and I have no problem trying to get as many picks as I could in the top 100-135. jmo

6. Smitch89

Smitch89 Well-Known Member

Sep 11, 2018
    That would be me. I'm about to tell the world a time when Ben didn't flush after making number 2.. S**ts about to get real

• Hilarious Hilarious x 1
  7. Steel_Elvis

Steel_Elvis Staff Member Mod Team

Nov 4, 2011
    Since that was Harrison, maybe he does...

(Slight digression) Anyone remember that game vs. the Giants in around ‘08 when Harrison had to fill in when our snapper got injured? :facepalm:

• Agree Agree x 2
  8. mcam

mcam Well-Known Member

Feb 5, 2017
    That's pretty funny, and no I don't recall that. Pretty funny nonetheless

9. mcam

mcam Well-Known Member

Feb 5, 2017
    I find it interesting that pretty much no one except me would be willing to trade what it would most likely take to move up to #10. Maybe I have an overrating on Devin Bush. He could turn out to be nothing special.

The other option is as others have stated target specific low 1st round, early 2nd round grade talent and get the best players at their position.

Still concerned about ILB getting exploited, but maybe that can be made up with obtaining some quality corners, edge rushers, etc. Hopefully with so many picks they'd end up hitting more than missing.

ILB, CB, and Edge Rusher/OLB continue to be a primary need on this team. This draft seems relatively deep CB and OLB/edge rusher. Not so much at ILB which is where my primary concern is.

10. Stone

Stone Well-Known Member

Oct 23, 2015
    I wonder if Denver would take our 1st at 20 and Tomlin for #10?

11. SteelerGlenn

SteelerGlenn

Nov 24, 2011
    Oh look another sarcastic Tomlin post.

12. Stone

Stone Well-Known Member

Oct 23, 2015
    Oh look! Another ***** from Glenn. Go figure!

• Like Like x 1
  13. steelersrule6

steelersrule6 Well-Known Member

Nov 14, 2011
    Yes sure do, they ended up losing that game IIRC.

14. AFan

AFan Well-Known Member

Oct 24, 2011
    Well, according to the Jimmy Johnson Draft Value chart, not necessarily gospel, but gives some perceptive

You'd have to trade your 20th pick, a 2nd rounder and a 4th to move to #10.
    OR your 20th and both 3rd rounders.

Knowing how fans value draft picks, I don't think these would be popular options.

• Informative Informative x 1
  15. thorn058

thorn058 Well-Known Member

Oct 19, 2011
    Here is a hint at this point we are all aware that you think the entire franchise is a dumpster fire. From the owner to the GM to the coach and finally the players on the field. You have started multiple threads seeking debate on your viewpoints and chest pounded in those threads at anyone that disagree's with your conclusion with out offering solid debate to back their disagreement. We get it you have an opinion and while you are consistent in placing that opinion in the forefront of everything you post in attempts to get the debate you crave, the stuff gets repetitive and somewhat annoying. Now while our community thrives on a certain point of repetition, we don't handle annoying well, the Bell and Brown threads should bear this out.

That being said everyone that is a member for any length of time develop their own signature personality. Glenn has the WHO thing, Mac has his cool emoji, Blast used to be a hardcore Tomlin supporter to an extent, Pwp always champions bubble guys and uses bold ideas, Elvis is the tape guy, watches lots of tape, Burgh43 sits on the fence and will tell you all day long that coaching at professional level does nothing and it is always about player execution that is the difference. So if you are OK with getting teased about it then party on and welcome to the club, we have jackets

• Winner Winner x 4
  16. thorn058

Oct 19, 2011
    I'd be all for your idea if there was that once in a generational player that could be the difference between an improved defense and a great one. In fact with 10 picks and so few actual starting positions available this would be the year to bundle some picks and move up especially with those two Raider picks being so high in each round but if that player isn't there then keep the picks and get the player depth they need. Barkley last year was a guy I would have gone full Ricky Williams on to get, that much of a sure thing. This year maybe Bosa but there are question marks there too.

17. mcam

mcam Well-Known Member

Feb 5, 2017
    I'd definitely be down for that to obtain Devin White, but probably not Devin Bush on further examination. I'd give up a 1st and 3rd to move up and get Bush though seeing this teams need at ILB.

18. mcam

mcam Well-Known Member

Feb 5, 2017
    Well I just reviewed pretty extensive tape on Bush. I posted some on here. I was taken by his combine speed a little too much overestimating his value.

I do think Devin White would be worth moving up for that much at #10, but not Devin Bush. I would give up our 1st and one of our 3rd to move up a couple spots to grab Bush though still.

IMO Devin White is going to be generational at ILB.

Devin Bush can still be an impact player and potentially develop into a very solid starter but still needs some work.

I still think Bush is a good fit for the Steelers given a reasonable price to get him.

It would be nice if the NFL GMs seeing the same tape allow him to slide to #20. I just don't think that is going to happen.

19. steelersrule6

steelersrule6 Well-Known Member

Nov 14, 2011
  20. SteelerGlenn

SteelerGlenn

Nov 24, 2011
    This!!!

21. Steel_Elvis

Nov 4, 2011
    In my view this draft is so deep in top defensive talent, I sit at #20 and maybe move up in the 2nd. With this kind of defensive depth, we could potentially get a guy near the top of the 2nd who would ordinarily go in the 1st.

• Winner Winner x 1
  22. Steel_Elvis

Nov 4, 2011
    Very well stated my friend :hi:

• Like Like x 1
  23. Stone

Stone Well-Known Member

Oct 23, 2015
    Wow! That's a big post! I love everything about the Steelers with the exception of Art and Tomlin based on what has been going on for several years now. I could go on and tell you point by point how you are wrong, but I will just be like Glenn and tell you that you are wrong. I have no desire to bait anyone into an argument for the sake of debate, that's actually the last thing I want.

What I am hoping upon hope is that someone will help me see something I am missing, something to counteract the mountain of evidence that my beloved Steelers are going down the ****ter because of two key people, one who employs the other. I am hoping that someone can point out some things that will make me say "hmmmmm, I hadn't thought of that" or "damn, I didn't know that".

Asking me to ignore what I have watched methodically progress over the last 4-5 years because people keep saying "Art will fix it", "I trust the Steelers", "the Steelers always get it right", "just wait and see", is a waste of time. Getting pissed because you don't agree with me has equally no chance.

Jackets?

I have no problem whatsoever with banter or debate or any of the teasing or disagreement that comes with debate, but bring something other than "faith" described as firm belief in something for which there is no proof .

I want a reason to feel good about my beloved Steelers.

24. thorn058

Oct 19, 2011
    Break it down by group or position and separate everything by what is important and what isn't . I've noticed numerous times that you tend to look down from the top of the pyramid and let that view color everything beneath it. We had similar discussions when talking about letting BA go, how could you argue with success, he was a SB winning OC and so on. However if you broke down where he was successful and where here was failing it made it easier to say yes they could upgrade.

I don't have blind faith based on a feeling that things will be better to worse. I have looked at the team and how they performed last season and what I see them continuing this up coming season. As an example Conner had more 20+yard runs last season than Bell had during his 4 years. He showed power and helped tremendously in the red zone. For a 1st year mulriposition player Samuels showed flashes of what he brings to the table as well. Ridley hasn't been resigned so that means a draft pick or perhaps a vet like ajay, Nix is still going to crush guys to lead the way and with out a solid 2 at TE they might use him in game plan more.

The OL is back with the same line up as last year and they will be all in on Conner this year with no worries about him getting the hook for Bell. I'm concerned about losing Munch but that goes to player development and not the current lines play. Until we see the new coach's work it will be hard to judge.

I could go on but this isn't the thread for it.

25. thorn058

Oct 19, 2011
    One thing to consider is where this Raiders pick fall which is near the top of the third and fifth round which means if there is a player they like near the end of the second who maybe has a 3rd round grade they don't have to reach in the second to get them.