1. Hi Guest, Registrations are now open. See you on the inside.
    Dismiss Notice

How much faith do you have in Mike Adams?

Discussion in 'Steelers Talk' started by steelers5859, Dec 6, 2013.

1. steelers5859

steelers5859 Well-Known Member

Oct 23, 2011
    I really hope he improves. He's had all week to prepare and even an extra few days. But what I've seen in his limited action at left tackle, he's not any better than from last year.

But I will be rooting for him to have a good game and protect Ben and get the running game going.

2. JackAttack 5958

JackAttack 5958 Well-Known Member

Oct 18, 2011
    It doesn't matter how much faith you or I have in him, what matters is how much faith does Ben have in him. Let's ask him.

Ben, how much faith do you have in Mike Adams to protect your blindside?

Ben?

Ben, where are you?

Ben??

BEN???!!!!

Anybody seen Ben?

Well, guess Ben is AWOL this game. Does that answer your question?

3. mac daddyo

mac daddyo Well-Known Member

Oct 22, 2011
    it's going to take away one of the weapons we need. bell or heath to help out.:cool:

4. HugeSnack

HugeSnack Well-Known Member

Oct 17, 2011
    For the short term, I'm not expecting much, and yes, we should give him help. I still haven't given up on him in the long term the way other people have.

5. SteelByDesign

SteelByDesign Well-Known Member

Oct 20, 2011
    For this Sunday? Not much.

I still think that he can start for this team, but not on the left side. Personally I'd like to see Gilbert on the left and Adams on the right.

Gilbert, despite the hate he gets is a pretty solid pass blocker but gets pushed around in the run game. Adams is the opposite.

6. Blast Furnace

Blast Furnace Staff Member Mod Team

Oct 16, 2011
  7. TerribleTowelFlying

TerribleTowelFlying Staff Member Site Admin Mod Team

Oct 12, 2011
    Same here. I still think Adams has a future as a reliable tackle.

8. TerribleTowelFlying

TerribleTowelFlying Staff Member Site Admin Mod Team

Oct 12, 2011
    Maybe they use more 2 back sets on Sunday, using Johnson, Dwyer, or Felix for added support. The way I view it, we've been taking away a weapon repeatedly by having to use Adams as a TE.

9. mac daddyo

mac daddyo Well-Known Member

Oct 22, 2011
    yea , that's true about adams, but I'm waiting. waiting for that one time that they throw it to him for the score. hehehe. I wish they would use Johnson more. heath has looked as healed as I've seen him all year, keeping he or bell in to block is a mistake if we can do it with someone else. if the field is bad, it may very well help adams sunday. that hurricane game in the slop was one of max's best. he could use those long arms because the defenders couldn't change direction quickly.

maybe we will see the right side get a push with lead blocking from willj. power football all day, imposing our will on the fish. I could watch that for a game.:stogie::cool:

10. freakfontana

freakfontana

Oct 19, 2011
    i prefer him at extra te

11. Da Stellars

Da Stellars Well-Known Member

Oct 22, 2011
    Bottom line is he better step it up. This is his second and final chance. If he doesn't come through Steelers are moving on and his chance at a starting spot will be Zilch.

12. gpguy

gpguy Well-Known Member

Dec 19, 2011
    Says who?

13. Jammasterc

Jammasterc Well-Known Member

Oct 26, 2011
    seemed like it was working.

14. TarheelFlyer

TarheelFlyer Well-Known Member

Oct 25, 2011
    Honestly, I think Beachum being out, while horrible for this year, is the best possible scenario for this year. We need to see if Adams has gotten some teaching which has allowed him to improve his abilities.

15. freakfontana

freakfontana

Oct 19, 2011
    his feet are horrible i don't think he will never be able to play on the left

16. Rambro

Rambro Well-Known Member

Nov 17, 2011
    I have about as much faith in Adams as I do Woodley's hamstrings and calves holding up for the final four games.

17. Lizard72

Lizard72

Oct 23, 2011
    I really don't understand why they don't do this in short yardage situations. They haven't done this since Peagram and Morris! Even when Bettis was late in his career, I would have liked to see him and Parker back there.

18. bigsteelerfaninky

bigsteelerfaninky Well-Known Member

Oct 24, 2011
    well ben hasnt gotten killed yet so Im ok with adams
    we will see after this week

19. SteelerJJ

SteelerJJ Well-Known Member

Oct 16, 2011
    None unfortunately.

20. Aerosteel

Aerosteel Well-Known Member

Oct 19, 2011
    100%. Mike Adams keeps Ben's jersey clean and never looks back. Becomes our star left tackle for the next 8 years.

21. Steel_in_DC

Steel_in_DC Well-Known Member

Jan 27, 2012
    I have little faith from what I have seen of him this year. In addition, the defense of the Dolphins has been coming on and I actually think the glaring injuries on the line are the reason they are not going to win this game. If that line had stayed in tact, I'd feel pretty confident about this game.

22. JackAttack 5958

JackAttack 5958 Well-Known Member

Oct 18, 2011
    [video=youtube;NzlG28B-R8Y]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NzlG28B-R8Y[/video]

23. thorn058

thorn058 Well-Known Member

Oct 19, 2011
    I have a lot of faith in Adams because if they ask him to do one thing I think he will do it well. You go back and look at some of the games this year like the London game everyone says well he had a horrible game look at how Jared Allen got going in that game. I watched the A.E. special and it confirmed what I thought I saw going on live. That when he was asked to focus on blocking Jared Allen, he handled it, was he pushed around? Yes but even during those times he managed to stay between Ben and Allen and allow Ben time to make something happen. There were times he blocked him to the ground behind Ben and if Ben doesn't feel that pressure to get and get rid of the ball I don't know how much more you want a LT to do. The times he looked slow and awkward were when they asked him to pick who he thought was blitzing, he would pick Henderson and leave Allen and then Allen rushes the outside and he was left trying to block both. This is why I don't like zone blocking because it gives linemen multiple responsibilities on any given snap. When you face a dominate pass rusher like Jared Allen, Julius Peppers, T-Suggs your LT should be tasked with them and only them. Why confuse them?

as far as getting the running game going I don't see what difference Adams would make in the run game at LT since the earth would spin backwards before they ran left. Heck the only impact he would make is if they all slanted right and he ended up at where the center was and Bell or Jones cut it back towards the middle(now where Adams is)and runs it that way.

24. HugeSnack

HugeSnack Well-Known Member

Oct 17, 2011
    Does anybody know why this didn't happen? I've been saying it too. Gilbert's a good pass protector, and has said he actually feels more comfortable on the left side. We've never actually gotten to see him there, except for maybe a preseason game or two his rookie year. That seemed like the plan going into the season, but they switched them again, putting Adams on the left - which makes sense long-term if you think Mike will be a better pass blocker once he gets the hang of it - but since that clearly hadn't happened, I don't get why they did it. Gilbert should have been our LT all year, with Adams on the right.

25. Lizard72

Lizard72

Oct 23, 2011
    Curious decisions. I don't think they've got the hang of evaluating talent with the limited reps in practice. Either that or they look solid against the defense.