1. Hi Guest, Registrations are now open. See you on the inside.
    Dismiss Notice

How many wins for the steelers for the rest of the season?

Discussion in 'Steelers Talk' started by Steelersfan43, Nov 2, 2022.

1. dobbler-33

dobbler-33 Well-Known Member

Nov 13, 2011
    No idea but I suppose I’ll watch em all regardless… anyhows seems we’re low on ketchup at the house. Heading out

• Like Like x 1
    • Hilarious Hilarious x 1
  2. pastorbob

pastorbob Well-Known Member

Jan 2, 2012
    We only need one big win ttttto make 2023 a great season ,fire Tomlim!

• Very Optimistic Very Optimistic x 1
  3. SGSteeler

SGSteeler Well-Known Member

Sep 9, 2013
    A lot easier schedule than we've had of late. Saints aren't great. Bengals aren't the best and we have them at home. Possibly there. Colts, Falcons, and Panthers all suck ass. We should split with the Ravens as I dont think the Ravens are all that great (although it is possible to lose both) and the Raiders are meh and the Browns at home is a pretty good chance. There isnt one guaranteed loss on the remainder of the schedule like we had with Buffalo and Philly. TBH if we sweep the North the rest of the way out, I wouldnt be surprised if we can still win the division hahah not happening but its a sad reality of the AFC North.

If Watt balls out, we can probably win a solid 4-5. I think its really important for us as a team/organization to finish the year strong. We need Pickett to start improving and start getting comfortable winning games and reinstall a winning culture/feel into the locker room. We can build off that and use our 3 picks in the top 50ish to hopefully right the ship a bit. In today's NFL you're always just a year or two away from contention if you play your cards right.

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  4. Vox Ferrum

Vox Ferrum Well-Known Member

Apr 22, 2019
    That's a reality no one wants to truly face. Yes wins feel great, but you get to many and you lose slots in the draft. At this point I really do not care if they win or not, but how they preform. If there is fight, personal improvement then you at least get a measure of what you have.

Way to early for draft scenarios, but some site had the Steelers at 1 and choosing the edge from Georgia, then the next 3 going QB. I have no idea where we end up, but at or near the top with so many teams looking for a Qb gives you a lot of options. If they end up.in top 5 you basically get who you want, or drop down ( no lower than 12) and still get a great pick, another 1st and a 2nd or 3rd..or both. .

Im.not for tanking, but so sick of picks around 20 lol

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  5. CK 13

CK 13 Well-Known Member

Nov 5, 2011
    3 to 4 more. Its about rebuilding the roster in 23. And making sure that Pickett finishes the season without doubt.

• Agree Agree x 1
  6. CK 13

CK 13 Well-Known Member

Nov 5, 2011
    I have been in Highsmith's corner and was hoping for a better result. He has disappeared to often without TJ Watt.

He is held a lot though because Reed on the other side is brutal.

They need to work on the trenches but if this kid is there you would have to take a long hard look.

They have 2 2nd's now so a left tackle and D tackle can be had.

7. bigbenhotness

bigbenhotness Well-Known Member

Nov 1, 2014
    I don’t want to tank either but it would be sad if we wound up winning meaningless games vs teams trying to get a better draft pick themselves, only for “pride” lol. Don’t get me wrong we do need to evaluate what this team has

8. Steelersfan43

Steelersfan43 Well-Known Member

Aug 10, 2016
    I think that the steelers will finish well the season because of our soft schedule and give us false hope for 2023.And it will give the steelers a reason to keep Matt Canada for one more season

• Disagree Disagree x 1
  9. mikeyg

mikeyg Well-Known Member

Dec 23, 2020
    that's the Tomlin MO, good enough, but still SUCK

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  10. jeh1856

jeh1856 Beer is good

Oct 26, 2011
    :facepalm:

• Informative Informative x 1
  11. Vox Ferrum

Apr 22, 2019
    I don't disagree, nor am > advocating trading down...just hope that have options. If the kid from GA is all that..or another player then you have to think long and hard. Top 10 you hope to find a player that equates to 2..by this I mean someone that requires the opposite team to double up. On D opposite TJ that makes the entire D much more dangerous. On O you see what Seattlle is doing with 2 rookies, rare but with the right picks a single draft can make you a different team.

• Like Like x 1
  12. Jammasterc

Jammasterc Well-Known Member

Oct 26, 2011
    NFC South sounds weak so it will be a challenge.
    They all still have a chance to win the Division.
    No Wild Card out of that Division.

Steelers are in the same situation, win the Division or stay Home.

13. steelersrule6

steelersrule6 Well-Known Member

Nov 14, 2011
    If you're talking about Jalen Carter of Georgia, he's not an edge rusher, he's a 300lb DT.

14. steelersrule6

steelersrule6 Well-Known Member

Nov 14, 2011
    Pickens had a TD catch against the Dolphins.

• Agree Agree x 2
  15. Vox Ferrum

Apr 22, 2019
    I'll stand corrected..or I may have just forgot the player and even college (personal issues aside lol). Im not even pimping or suggesting at the point..hell way to early. Just desiring our choices to be correct and not some dramatic reach. Wishful thinking I know lol

• Like Like x 1
  16. Steelpens65

Steelpens65 Well-Known Member

Nov 28, 2021
    Thank you sir…i stand corrected

• Like Like x 2
  17. S.T.D

S.T.D Well-Known Member

Dec 23, 2020
    Not true....Pickens has one.
    Seems I was beat on this information. :thumbs_up:

18. steel machine

steel machine Well-Known Member

Sep 21, 2017
    It's funny seeing posters talking about easy games. We use to say the same thing when we had much better teams and got bit in the ass more then once. Maybe it's our turn. I would think Vegas will make good money off the Steelers with the close spots we should see.

• Like Like x 1