1. Hi Guest, Registrations are now open. See you on the inside.
    Dismiss Notice

How many Steelers jerseys do you own?

Discussion in 'Steelers Talk' started by SteelCityDynasty, Nov 16, 2011.

1. SteelCityDynasty

SteelCityDynasty Well-Known Member

Nov 7, 2011
    I figured while we had a little down time and much needed by the way, that I would create an interesting and fun topic. It seems to me that almost every home game I watch the Steelers play all you see is jerseys everywhere in the stands to go along with our beloved Terrible Towels! I myself have too many Steelers jerseys to count literally! I have several of Ben's including his college jersey, Mendy's, Troy's, Wallace, Woodley, Harrison, Timmons, heck I even have a Jeff Reed jersey! Don't bust my chops too bad on that one! One of my favorites is the home jersey but the sleeves and name on the back are white of Ben's. Just curious out there as to some of your possesions and favorite ones too. Should be interesting!

2. steel1031

steel1031 Well-Known Member

Oct 16, 2011
    I have two home jerseys Hines and Pouncey a throwback heath and two away jerseys ben and troy that I wear. I have one Jersey framed it is a donnie shell. I would like to find a mel blount if anyone knows a good place to find one. I am a little picky I like the sewn on letters patches and name plates.

3. bigsteelerfaninky

bigsteelerfaninky Well-Known Member

Oct 24, 2011
    I have a 7, 86, and 43...
    The lil man also has a 7

4. Rush2seven

Rush2seven Well-Known Member

Oct 17, 2011
    I have a home 7, 56, throwback 17, and away 7
    My boy has a 7
    My girls have 17 and 43
    My wife has 43

5. Bleedsteel

Bleedsteel

Oct 16, 2011
    Personally, I only have two.
    The Lambert jersey I bought myself, and a Roethlisberger one, that was given to me as a gift.
    Nothing against the people that like them, but they are a bit expensive, to me, and I have WAY too many favorite players, to buy all those jerseys.
    Also complicating the matter, is that if you buy a current player`s jersey, you just gotta hope they remain a Steeler...
    We have been much better about that recently, but you never know...
    It is a business, and players come and go, nowadays.
    Now, as to, plain old Steeler shirts I have....
    I`ve lost count!!!
    Some of my personal faves are the "Cleveland STILL sucks! Feel the Pittsburgh Steel" shirt I bought from a street vendor in the `Burgh;
    The "beating Cleveland is so easy a caveman could do it..." tee, with a picture of Troy, holding a club, on the back;
    The "Got Rings?" tee, with our 5(at the time) Superbowl rings on the back;
    The "One for the Thumb... We got it done", tee, with Ben giving a Big "Thumb`s up" sign, with the ring on it;
    One that simply says "Let`s Get LOUD!", over our logo;
    One that is Tie-Dyed Black-n-Gold, with the logo on the front, and "Steelers", on the back...
    One from the 1,000th game , that just says "Priceless";
    Another one from a street vendor, that has shamrocks where the hypo-cycloids(diamonds), should be, that says "`Tis a Blessing to be a Steeler fan';
    And countless varieties of the logo/color scheme, including, a denim button up shirt, dressy "polo", type shirts, and sweathirts/hoodies.
    That reminds me of another fave...
    A yellow sweatshirt, with a pic of a custom "Steelers", indian motorcyle, under the words "Road Warriors", that I bought from the gift shop in Heinz field!
    Like I said, I tend to like the ones that celebrate the team, over the individuals.
    I simply couldn`t afford to have jerseys for all the individual players I love!
    If I had to pick ONE out of the current group, it would probably be Heath, tho...
    Even though I am more of a fan of the defense, he just doesn`t get enough respect, and he plays the game, the way the Steelers have always embodied!

6. FeartheBeard

FeartheBeard Well-Known Member

Oct 26, 2011
    I have a beat all to hell 43 jersey ....I just haven't been able to part with it yet.

Hubby has 83

My 18 year old daughter has 84 (and she is no bandwagoner....she has had it since last year) and she also has a 56 and a 92.

My 17 year old has two 17's - white and a throwback and a 86.

:herewego!:

7. andoo

andoo Member

Oct 27, 2011
    I have 3 jerseys (all home): 36 bettis, 34 Mendenhall and 98 Hampton
    Wife has 43 Polamalu(home) and kids both have 83 Miller (one home, one away)

8. KnoxVegasSteel

KnoxVegasSteel Well-Known Member

Oct 21, 2011
    #36 home - most frequently worn. #43 and #83 both home. My next one will be #53. MP is a beast!

9. SteelTerp

SteelTerp Well-Known Member

Oct 26, 2011
    43, 7 home and an away 36

10. oldschool

oldschool Well-Known Member

Oct 19, 2011
    Right now I'm betting on the future so I just ordered a home #84 Antonio Brown jersey and last year I bought my daughter a yellow 84 practice jersey. I wanted a practice one for myself, but can't ever find a size to fit me. Plus I have an old Chad brown jersey from back in the day.

My girl keeps threatening to get a Willy GAY jersey to wear to our local Steelers bar. :dancing: :dfense:

11. TerribleTowelFlying

TerribleTowelFlying Staff Member Site Admin Mod Team

Oct 12, 2011
    :lolol:

12. nitrous12

nitrous12 Well-Known Member

Oct 26, 2011
    Just got my first one this year...Home Woodley.
    I am thinking about getting an away jersey and want to go with someone on the offense, but can't make up my mind. I want to get someone that will be around a while. I gotta imagine they will land a deal to keep Wallace around so thats a safe bet. But I kinda like Brown better...I could do w/out some of his post play antics, but I love the way he fights for the ball and scraps for every inch. So....maybe a home 84 in my near future.

13. SteelinOhio

SteelinOhio

Oct 16, 2011
    I currently have a Roethlistberger jersey, which is my newest one, and I still have a Kordell Stewart jersey that has been packed away in my basement for about 6 years now. I had several Bradshaw jerseys when I was a kid.

Right now my 5 year old son has a Roethlisberger jersey and my 7 year old daughter has one of the Steeler's cheerleader outfits, but she has asked for a Polamalu jersey now that it's getting too small for her.

14. HawkeyeJames

HawkeyeJames Well-Known Member

Oct 26, 2011
    I have a Lloyd jersey, and 3 home jerseys. Ben, Woodley and Polamalu. Was just looking yesterday at getting one more. Thinking either Wallace or Brown.

My son has a 7, daughter has a Polamalu and my other daughter has a Bettis. My wife has a Bradshaw.

I also have polo shirts, sweatshirts, coats etc. in Steeler attire. I could spend $1000 a time I visit Pittsburgh from the strip district. I always end up with several shopping backs going back to Iowa with me... :)

15. USCGSteeler

USCGSteeler Well-Known Member

Nov 6, 2011
    I have two, a home 58 (Jack Lambert) with my name on it that my wife bought me and an 83 away; Heath is from the next town over from where I grew up, as well as a white Steelers Baseball-style jersey. My wife has an 86 home and a 43 away as well as a yellow 86 women's jersey and a black baseball jersey. My son has a 17 throwback and my daughter has 86 and 43, both home, that were her brothers and she wears now that she has outgrown her pink ones. We all have assorted T's, sweatshirts, socks, christmas stockings and ornaments, knick-knacks, blankets, watches, hats, mugs, auto emblems, etc, and our dog has a 00 home doggy jersey, grey steelers doggy t-shirt, steelers bandanna, and a steelers collar. My office at work is also done in steelers and I am getting the hypocycloids tattooed on both sides of my left elbow.

16. Coastal Steeler

Coastal Steeler

Oct 16, 2011
    Hey Coast Guard Steeler. Where you at?

17. USCGSteeler

Nov 6, 2011
    Buffalo, NY; unfortunately

18. Coastal Steeler

Coastal Steeler

Oct 16, 2011
    I am on the North Carolina Coast. There is a Coast Guard station in Emerald Isle (15 miles from here). Friend of mine son is stationed there.

19. USCGSteeler

Nov 6, 2011
    I am transferring to Louisiana next year, I was trying to get the Carolinas but there were not a lot of OIC jobs open. Used to visit Emerals Isle as a kid, my aunt had a condo down there.

20. HI4Steelers

HI4Steelers Member

Nov 14, 2011
    I have one and so does my wife and all 3 of our kids. I have Ben's jersey and my wife got a Troy P. jersey. All of our kids liked hers better so they all got Troy jerseys as well. As a side not, my wife is USCG too! Kind of crazy all the coastie Steelers fans posting one right after the other.

21. Coastal Steeler

Coastal Steeler

Oct 16, 2011
    I'm a Marine. Just happens a Coast Guard station is up the coast. I am just outside Camp LeJeune. But I am Coastal Steeler

USCG I was attached to 4th Marine Division in New Orleans. I was actually stationed in Connellsville PA. I went to about 10 games free when stationed there. Seems like everyone wanted to give us free tickets to Steeler games. 72 miles to drive for a free game? I'll drive it every time

22. edog55

edog55 Well-Known Member

Oct 17, 2011
    SEMPER FI Devil Dog!! I was stationed at Camp Lejeune, 2d MarDiv HqBn, when I got out of the Corps back in 1985. I am Originally from the Burgh, born and raised. Went in the Corps straight out of High School in the 70's. My family is still in the Burgh, my wife is also from the Burgh.

23. shaner82

shaner82 Well-Known Member

Oct 16, 2011
    Pouncey - Signed and soon to be framed in my basement
    Ward
    Polamalu
    Harrison
    Mendenhall

24. KnoxVegasSteel

KnoxVegasSteel Well-Known Member

Oct 21, 2011
    Thanks for your service! Very Much appreciated!

25. Coastal Steeler

Coastal Steeler

Oct 16, 2011
    edog
    I am from Leetsdale. little west of the Burgh about 13 miles
    I did 30 years, retired in 96
    Thanks for your service too. Also thanks for the Coast Guard guys service too