1. Hi Guest, Registrations are now open. See you on the inside.
    Dismiss Notice

How many of you have given up on Kenny Pickett already?

Discussion in 'Steelers Talk' started by 86WardsWay, Feb 22, 2024.

1. Animus

Animus Well-Known Member

Dec 30, 2020
    I have one foot out the door and the other one is close to going across the door as well. I'm willing to give Pickett until the bye week to get it together, but beyond that I'm done.

• Like Like x 1
  2. Wardismvp

Wardismvp Well-Known Member

Oct 26, 2011
    He will get every chance with a new OC and passing and run game coordinator.
    Will have to wait and see.

• Agree Agree x 1
  3. SteelLion69

SteelLion69 Well-Known Member

Nov 21, 2023
    This entire comment is gold but this statement most important of all. Look at the QB's in this conference and Pickett is pretty much at the bottom. He will never be in the top 10 in this conference, neither will Rudolph either.

You can't just count on the running game and a defense that is good in the regular season but soft and buttercream in the playoffs. You need an elite QB to even have a chance to compete against someone like Mahomes.

4. Steelpens65

Steelpens65 Well-Known Member

Nov 28, 2021
    1/2 td per game!? Wow that is wishful thinking. Oh i see what you did there! 1/2 a td per game! Silly me!

5. JackAttack 5958

JackAttack 5958 Well-Known Member

Oct 18, 2011
    0.46 TDs per game to be exact.

• Like Like x 1
  6. Tiggs99

Tiggs99 Well-Known Member

Oct 30, 2019
    I think Pickett is better than Trubisky for what it’s worth.

7. steelersrule6

steelersrule6 Well-Known Member

Nov 14, 2011
    Not every Super Bowl winning QB is elite, Nick Foles the most recent average QB to win it, Brock Purdy isn't elite either. You sound like a fool mentioning the non losing season streak :rolleyes:.

8. steelersrule6

Nov 14, 2011
    Are you sure that Huck Finn clown isn't your alt account, every post is nothing but whining about Tomlin :facepalm:.

• Informative Informative x 1
  9. steelersrule6

Nov 14, 2011
    Yeah, because players never improve after their first few years in the league, we need to see what he can with a new QB coach and OC.

10. steelersrule6

Nov 14, 2011
    Burrow is tough to play against, but Watson and Lamar haven't shown they're elite against the Steelers.

• Agree Agree x 1
  11. 86WardsWay

86WardsWay Well-Known Member

Dec 27, 2012
    Burrow is a glass china doll who can’t make it through a whole season. Bengals better draft nothing other than Oline or he will be shelved again by week 8.

12. Steelpens65

Nov 28, 2021
    that is unreal

• Agree Agree x 1
  13. DJ18Baller

DJ18Baller Well-Known Member

Dec 8, 2021
    It’s because he Sucks.

14. Steelpens65

Nov 28, 2021
    This has to be lowest ever td ratio per game for a starting qb in the NFL in history

15. forgotten1

forgotten1 Well-Known Member

Mar 4, 2022
    Only as a Steeler

16. HueyWorley

HueyWorley Well-Known Member

Sep 24, 2017
    Serious question, in the last 20 years, how many QBs have been as ordinary/bad as Pickett in their first two full seasons, then turned it around to be a top QB in the league?

I think it’s more likely that Pickett will hang around the league for many years as a backup, similar to Chase Daniel. However, as a Steelers fan I am still hoping for the best in year 3, but I can’t say I’m that confident.

• Agree Agree x 2
  17. Vox Ferrum

Vox Ferrum Well-Known Member

Apr 22, 2019
    We are in hard place, used a 1st on KP, really has not shown much, but we also not in place as a team to throw a lot on money to a QB...and with who is available that would just be stupid. Unless you find a trading partner and give up 2 or 3 firsts and/or 2nds to move up, you stay the course. You have to bring in competition, but in reality the most we will likely get are aging vets or somewhat decent back ups. Yes lighting can strike again with someone like Noles, or Purdy..who did not lose that game as much as other factors. That said, look at SB winners over the last 20 years, not many Fole types are winners, but HOF'ers indeed.

18. forgotten1

forgotten1 Well-Known Member

Mar 4, 2022
    Wow attacking Huck like that man
    way out of line.

• Hilarious Hilarious x 1
  19. DJ18Baller

Dec 8, 2021
    Just don’t let Glenn find out and hopefully it will slide.

20. DJ18Baller

Dec 8, 2021
    Well that makes me feel a lot better about things.

21. SGSteeler

SGSteeler Well-Known Member

Sep 9, 2013
    Me. I think he's toast. QB's that don't have the physical tools that Jackson/Allen/Mahomes do to make the crazy plays out of structure can only succeed in the NFL if they think the game at a high level and they are very accurate. Pickett has shown through 2 years that he is neither. These are things that are going to be tough to change in a short amount of time just by working with a new OC. I think we will be a higher scoring offense under Smith, but I don't think it will be because Kenny makes a big stride. He will likely be the same guy who just throws for a few more yards and TD's because the system is a bit better.

22. SGSteeler

SGSteeler Well-Known Member

Sep 9, 2013
    Winner. Thread over.

It can be true that the coaching didn't do him any favors AND he isn't good enough to hack it in the league. In a perfect setting, surrounded by elite talent and coaching I think Kenny could probably end up being a solid back up. Without that, I see him struggling as a 2/3 a few places before moving on with his life's work. He could end up in Mason Rudolph land real quick.

• Agree Agree x 2
  23. Huck Finn

Huck Finn Well-Known Member

Oct 22, 2023
    He may be lucky to end up in Mason Rudolph land, so far he is worse than MR. He has 2 things going for him so far: He doesn't throw many ints and he has shown some clutch genes (but what most fail to mention is his poor performance puts the team behind to begin with). He has a LONG way to go in order to even be a solid back up. I am baffled by the "Kenny supporters." I just don't see the reason why they think he is so great. I guess some will defend ANY team decision, period, regardless of what the reality is.

24. jeh1856

jeh1856 Nap time

Oct 26, 2011
    Vinny Testeverde proved he could not read a defense when he lost the national championship to Penn State (We Are)

Yet he was still drafted #1 and played 21 seasons for 8 different teams and 8 different teams found out he wasn’t the guy

• Like Like x 2
  25. Huck Finn

Huck Finn Well-Known Member

Oct 22, 2023
    You know what I say? Unless you have a proven, known franchise QB on your team, you should add a QB virtually every year as finding a good one is that crucial and that difficult, both. Since good/great ones can come from any round (Yes, I have to mention Brady from the 6th round, sorry, and Purdy as the very last pick of the draft), you have to just keep "striking that iron" until you land a solid QB, regardless of who's ego your are trying to protect (current QB or owner or head coach).The Steelers thought they had a major coup on their hands with drafting Kenny. Well guess what? Maybe you didn't, move on. If a guy seems like more of a sure thing, take him early, if he's a longer shot take him later, but keep adding new blood until you find a Mahomes or Big Ben.

There was some guy who proved to know a thing or two about building a dynasty, his name was Jimmy Johnson; he built a pretty good Dallas team in the 90's. Even after taking Hall-of-Famer Troy Aikman, he added another QB, Steve Walsh, before he knew if Troy was the man or not. Jimmy knew how critical getting the right QB was.

I'm sure the 9ers wished Trey Lance would have worked out, but he didn't and since they kept striking the iron, they now have Purdy taking them to Super Bowls.

• Like Like x 1