1. Hi Guest, Registrations are now open. See you on the inside.
    Dismiss Notice

How Many of You Actually Like the Steelers?

Discussion in 'Steelers Talk' started by TheMatrixHasYou, Sep 11, 2018.

1. You Like The Team

32 vote(s)
    88.9%
  2. Don't Like The Team

4 vote(s)
    11.1%
  1. Boomer

Boomer Well-Known Member

Dec 11, 2011
    I’ve been a Steelers fan since I can remember what football was (early 70s). Not sure why they were my team other than someone in my family must have been a fan. I still have a tiny shirt from when I was little. Still have a picture of Terry Bradshaw that I drew in the 2nd grade (which would be awesome with his autograph on it). For a long time it’s probably been an unhealthy obsession. The anger Over losses was crazy. I’ve broken my fair share of crap watching them play as my wife can attest to.

I was actually a happy he fanning f the NFL too and watched all of the games that I could. But Roger Goodell came along and started watering down the game and ended that. And now days if you add in all of the penalties and commercials, NFL football has become unwatchable for me. I don’t watch any of the other games at all. I just don’t care about them. I just watch the Steelers games now. And only if they are on and the game is easy to find on TV. Gone are the days of searching for a feed to catch it online. That’s a result of the me first players like Mike Wallace and Le’Veon Bell. I don’t want to root for those guys. It’s hard for me to keep from rooting against them. I don’t know...football has changed and not for the better. Maybe I’m just getting too old for it.

2. TerribleTowelFlying

TerribleTowelFlying Staff Member Site Admin Mod Team

Oct 12, 2011
    I usually have the patience of a gnat, but this bit is wearing thin even on me. Some of yinz are saints.

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  3. HeinzMustard

HeinzMustard Well-Known Member

Nov 18, 2015
    I don't like the Steelers. That's why I show up here every day. :facepalm:

• Hilarious Hilarious x 2
  4. Sojourner

Sojourner Well-Known Member

Jun 25, 2015
    You can love a team or somebody and still have times when they do something that makes you upset at them. The wife ate Vegan for lunch and had gas all night? You get upset.
    The Steelers commit 6 turnovers, 12 penalties, blow a 14 point lead, lose their heads and call idiotic plays on OT and you tie the Browns?

The stinking Browns?

Yeah...you get upset.

You still love 'em but just like your wife's Vegan farts you aint too happy until the stink goes away and you're left with all of the incredible things she is and does that made you fall in love with her in the first place.

• Hilarious Hilarious x 3
    • Informative Informative x 1
  5. mac daddyo

mac daddyo Well-Known Member

Oct 22, 2011
    59 years and counting.:smiley1::cool:

• Like Like x 1
  6. 86WardsWay

86WardsWay Well-Known Member

Dec 27, 2012

Yep. I feel the connection. That game was definitely a Vegan fart.:huh:

• Like Like x 3
    • Hilarious Hilarious x 1
  7. mac daddyo

Oct 22, 2011
    OK who are the two? :stogie: should we oughta muss em up chief?:butcher::cool:

8. GoalLine

GoalLine

Oct 16, 2011
  9. Clive From PIT

Clive From PIT I don't often drink...but I'm starting to. Site Admin

Dec 14, 2015
    I’ve been a Steelers fan since my dad got two free tickets to a game in the really early 70s, before they became dominant. Stayed a fan because of the hometown connection, the Rooneys, and the team philosophy of drafting/developing players instead of buying free agents. Winning Super Bowls helped, but I left Pittsburgh before The Emperor and could easily have switched allegiance during the Dark Times.

10. TheMatrixHasYou

TheMatrixHasYou Well-Known Member

Mar 6, 2018
    A fan is supposed to actually like the team, not constantly hate on the team.

Some posters here can't say a single good thing about the team. It's actually MORE accepted here than defending the team.

I just want to see how many people can actually say something good about the team that they are a "fan" of.

11. TheMatrixHasYou

Mar 6, 2018
    So you can't say a single good thing about the team? Not even one.

Got it.

12. Clive From PIT

Clive From PIT I don't often drink...but I'm starting to. Site Admin

Dec 14, 2015
    Yeah, we knew the thread’s motivation. We just can’t resist talking about how/when we became Steelers fans.
    :herewego!:

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  13. TheMatrixHasYou

Mar 6, 2018
    We know.

You have an altered definition of things. To you, complaining about something constantly means you like it.

Last edited: Sep 12, 2018
  14. Lambert

Lambert Well-Known Member

Jun 5, 2015
    I joined so I could show that pic of the chick with big knockers in a Steelers shirt.

• Like Like x 4
    • Winner Winner x 1
  15. TerribleTowelFlying

TerribleTowelFlying Staff Member Site Admin Mod Team

Oct 12, 2011
    It's the only reason we've humored you all this time.

• Hilarious Hilarious x 2
    • Winner Winner x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  16. HeinzMustard

HeinzMustard Well-Known Member

Nov 18, 2015
    Nah... some of us take reality, history and facts seriously... and don't live in denial. There's nothing wrong with criticism especially when it's justified.

17. shaner82

shaner82 Well-Known Member

Oct 16, 2011
    Of course I like the team. What I don't like is Tomlin. I truly hate what our team has become under him. I have zero faith that we'll win games, not because we don't win a majority of our games, but because we play down to our opponents so often. It's frustrating. I also hate that we seem to have a bunch of spoiled idiots on our team and our coach has zero interest in reigning them in. I'm a disciplinarian and I don't think a lot of what goes on should be tolerated. I also hate that our defence has more or less been a joke since about 2009. Don't get me wrong, we have had and still do have some outstanding players, but we have a lot of duds and we've become a soft team. I'm jealous of the top defences in the league because we used to be one and now we're not.

I will always love the Pittsburgh Steelers regardless of who is on the team or who is in charge, but I won't always like the individual pieces. I truly hate Tomlin. The hatred I have for him as our coach can't even be put into words, and when you hate your head coach that much and you believe everything wrong with your team is because of him, it can make for some frustrating times.

I'll always cherish and cheer for this franchise though. There's no close second

18. Thigpen82

Thigpen82 Bitter optimist

Oct 17, 2011
    Give credit where it's due: for a psychoanalyst, he's got pretty much everyone talking about their childhood.

• Like Like x 1
  19. SteelerinKC

SteelerinKC Well-Known Member

Sep 23, 2016
    I have been a fan since I was a kid growing up in the 70's. I grew up in Iowa and at that time, the head coach of the Iowa Hawkeyes (Hayden Fry) wanted to try to change the attitude surrounding the program. He asked the Steelers if he could model the Hawkeyes uniforms similar to the Steelers to instill a winning attitude and reinvigorate the program. I always thought that was pretty cool.

• Like Like x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
  20. TheMatrixHasYou

Mar 6, 2018
    How is criticism ALWAYS justified?

Because you didn't get what you wanted.

21. Lambert

Lambert Well-Known Member

Jun 5, 2015
    I appreciate that. :)

22. Iowasteeljim

Iowasteeljim

Oct 26, 2011
    You know me...I bleed red and bl...oops, wrong forum. I definitely bleed black and gold! Really, I love the team with or without my Steeler colored glasses!

23. TheMatrixHasYou

Mar 6, 2018

I mostly agree but it's not just the Steelers that have spoiled players. That's every team in the NFL.

I think Tomlin has to walk a fine line with the players. There isn't really anything he can do about Bell at this point but if Conner continues to play well, and keeps the fumbles down, Bell will become another Mike Wallace, a guy who had his best years with the Steelers and was never a super star again.

The defense has suffered at the expense of improving the offense. The OL had to be fixed. We had to protect Ben better. It took years of draft picks but they did it and since then they have been using picks on defense, some duds but also some stars like TJ Watt.

24. TheMatrixHasYou

Mar 6, 2018
    That stuff takes time, have to earn trust to get people to open up and it has to be done in private. It doesn't work in an online situation because it's too public. But, maybe, you can get someone to realize that they are overly negative and just maybe they will think to themselves "Hey, how come I'm always negative?" No one can fix another person. We all have to fix ourselves.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  25. mac daddyo

Oct 22, 2011
    my coffee wouldn't taste as good out of a purple mug.:cool:

• Agree Agree x 1