1. Hi Guest, Registrations are now open. See you on the inside.
    Dismiss Notice

How mad are you now? Knowing that was the Steelers Super Bowl.

Discussion in 'Steelers Talk' started by Steelers412, Feb 8, 2016.

1. Steelers412

Steelers412 Well-Known Member

Nov 2, 2015
    Bell ruled out for the season Week 9. D Will the starting rb and no back up for D Will. 2 months to find somebody. Couple mill in cap space and did NOTHING. Nobody prepared to even be the back-up.

Steelers were the only team to move the ball on that Broncos D this post season. So I guess I have to give Haley props. Patriots had to drive the field and get a 2 pt conversion just to force OT. Steelers played the Broncos the best of any team these playoffs and deserved to win. Ultimately no running back being ready AGAIN and settling for fgs cost them a Super Bowl. Check the keys to the game thread. It wasn't an option but I was the only one that said settling for field goals. I'm way more knowledgeable than Tomlin and if I'm the coach we climb that stairway to 7 and the Pittsburgh Steelers are Super Bowl 50 Champions.

• Disagree Disagree x 1
    • Hilarious Hilarious x 1
  2. 86WardsWay

86WardsWay Well-Known Member

Dec 27, 2012
    I'm always of the mind set that if my team goes to the playoffs and doesn't make it in then the team that beat mine may as well win it. Unless its the Cheaters.

3. GoalLine

GoalLine

Oct 16, 2011
    Oh look it's THAT topic again.

• Agree Agree x 1
  4. bigbenhotness

bigbenhotness Well-Known Member

Nov 1, 2014
    I cried for hours. I beat holes in my walls. I smashed my tvs/electronics. I burned my furniture. I was still upset and in angry tears I smashed my cars windows. Dented the hood too. When I started feeling better I got waves of anger again seeing peyton talk. He shouldn't be there I said. I then proceeded to run into concrete walls and just hurt myself. I was in so much pain and I wanted it to end. I was taken to the hospital last night and im down about 10k in bills. sucks

• Hilarious Hilarious x 2
  5. TerribleTowelFlying

TerribleTowelFlying Staff Member Site Admin Mod Team

Oct 12, 2011
  6. troybellringer55

troybellringer55 Well-Known Member

Nov 17, 2011
    Steelers still had to beat the Pats, in Foxboro. That wouldn't have been easy.
    They also wouldn't have never.. ever... ever. shut down Cam Newton they way the Broncos did.

But, our offense would have looked better you can bet on that.

7. PWP

PWP Well-Known Member

Oct 26, 2011
    The 1 thing I took from it and I hope the Steelers took from it is the way the game was won. In today's let's build a Power House O the best D with a very shaky O won the game . The ability to cover WR'S allowed the double moves by the pass rushers . This is what won the game and the Steelers need to invest hard and heavy on DB'S ...

To me it still shows any Team can beat any elite QB if they have a great Defense .

• Agree Agree x 2
  8. bigbenhotness

Nov 1, 2014
    Denver's D was in their face all game. Thing is Denver barely beat a hobbled Pit squad, and brady and company suck on the road, then Panthers are good but were not mentally ready. This is why Pit needs to win the easy ones, get a bye and stay healthy. I blame Pit nobody else. kidding about my post above, I only lit my house on fire lol.

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
  9. muthjv

muthjv Well-Known Member

Mar 22, 2012
    if i'm not mistaken, the steelers offense has only scored 4 tds the last 4 playoffs games. they would have needed much more than that to beat NE or Carolina

• Disagree Disagree x 1
  10. Diamond

Diamond Well-Known Member

May 26, 2012
    Well, we had a 1 point lead going into the 4th quarter, Ben moved the ball in the air for 339 yards zero picks but didnt score a passing TD in the game, neither did manning but they beat us with their running game and 5 field goals to win 23-16, our defense fizzled in the thin air and couldnt stop the run in the end, and it was a close game but no cigar, final observation, we didnt play well enough to win in the 4th quarter.....

• Disagree Disagree x 1
  11. Lambert

Lambert Well-Known Member

Jun 5, 2015
    We'd have lost to NE and Carolina. Our Defense stunk. Much, much better Peyton than that dbag Cheater.

I mean, unless we had signed SJ. Then we'd have just crushed everyone.

• Hilarious Hilarious x 2
    • Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
  12. MadtownDruankard

MadtownDruankard Well-Known Member

Aug 31, 2015
    We got lucky just getting into the playoffs. How on earth can you think this was "our" superbowl? Sure we are loaded with talent....and we should be a SB contender but we are not. There's plenty of debate as to why we consistently under achieve but we are who our record says we are. I can't think of a single team in the league with as much talent offensively. Defensively we need at least one more play maker , so there's some talent issues there. I'm from the school that football is a coaches game. Good coaches win, bad coaches don't. We have coaching issues and talent issues defensively.

It's amazing to me that so many people don't get how important coaching is. In HS football, at least were I grew up, there were certain schools who won consistently and it was because of their coaching staff. Look at college ball... the good coaches consistently win....and the NFL is no different. All coaching staffs eventually fall apart...the challenge is to bring in coaching talent. Look at the Bengals. Lots of talent but can't win playoff games. We are loaded with talent but can't win playoff games. Our O-line is another perfect example. Look at the improvement of play on the O-line when Munchak showed up. The steelers offense has been a roller coaster since Ben was drafted and he's had plenty of OC. Some years we are awesome, other years we stunk. A great QB can cover up a lot of issues. Especially injuries. Ben's now as good as he'll ever be. We just need more from Tomlin if we are ever going to win a SB with this team.

• Like Like x 1
  13. muthjv

muthjv Well-Known Member

Mar 22, 2012
    lets not forget that the bungals had us beat if it wasnt for a couple thug moves that gave the game to us...
    we are farther away than fans want to admit/acknowledge/realize

• Agree Agree x 4
  14. bigbenhotness

Nov 1, 2014
    tomlin makes some boneheaded calls but he isn't all to blame. sometimes you have to realize our team is not capable of doing what you want them to do. objective view

• Agree Agree x 1
  15. muthjv

muthjv Well-Known Member

Mar 22, 2012
    dont hold your breath on tomlin.
    he has showed he can get the team to play for him but little els
    i'm not sure how long the team will rally around his cheer leading before they get tired of his cliches and zone him out.

• Agree Agree x 1
  16. SteelerGlenn

SteelerGlenn

Nov 24, 2011
    :facepalm:

• Agree Agree x 4
  17. thorn058

thorn058 Well-Known Member

Oct 19, 2011
    412 is a troll and this is his attempt to generate controversy.

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  18. MadtownDruankard

MadtownDruankard Well-Known Member

Aug 31, 2015
    I think the 2 losses to Baltimore prove you wrong. Our players were more than capable of beating the Ravens. The fact that we did not put us in a bad position. Losses like that fall on the coaches...becasue the talent is there. It's the coaches job to win with that talent...especially against horrible teams.

19. SteelinOhio

SteelinOhio

Oct 16, 2011
    This is generally how I feel, but I'll add unless it's the Bengals or Ravens, too.

20. steel1031

steel1031 Well-Known Member

Oct 16, 2011
    couldn't disagree with you more. its not on the coaches. to me coaches can make the difference when its even. talent should win because the players play better. coaching decisions didn't lose those games. not having ben for one did and the players not executing did.

• Agree Agree x 2
  21. snipit73

snipit73

Oct 23, 2011
    :whistley::whistley::whistley::whistley: Steelers_Fitzgerald_Toussaint_Huge_Fumble_Broncos_Recover.gif

• Agree Agree x 1
  22. GoalLine

GoalLine

Oct 16, 2011
    • Hilarious Hilarious x 3
  23. EddieBurro

EddieBurro Well-Known Member

Jan 22, 2016
    I think you just ended your own debate.

• Like Like x 1
  24. bigbenhotness

Nov 1, 2014
    Having the
    well I agree with you on that part, but why do we constantly do that? It's a trend. If we know these games are important yet constantly **** the bed then something else is wrong.

25. biggbunch68

biggbunch68

Apr 26, 2012
    must be nice to have $ to waist like that;)