1. Hi Guest, Registrations are now open. See you on the inside.
    Dismiss Notice

How long will the rebuild take?

Discussion in 'Steelers Talk' started by Ytownsteeler, Oct 5, 2021.

1. SDOT

SDOT Well-Known Member

Aug 1, 2016
    Does it have to be a trade? He has an opt out after this season. If there has to be a trade then yeah, 49ers make the most sense. Trey Lance over Rudolph. But if they don't want to trade Trey then that would be the same issues he's having in GB right now. 49ers make the most sense but Steelers got a shot imo.

2. Blast Furnace

Blast Furnace Staff Member Mod Team

Oct 16, 2011
    Doesn’t make any sense. 49ers aren’t trading Lance, he’s the future for the next 15 years. Not giving that up for a 1 or 2 year guy.

• Agree Agree x 2
  3. HeinzMustard

HeinzMustard Well-Known Member

Nov 18, 2015
    I meant Lance not Chase. I could see Packers being interested in Lance. Let him do battle with Love for the starting QB spot in 2022.... IF Rodgers goes to the 49ers.

• Agree Agree x 1
  4. SteelersFanIrl

SteelersFanIrl Well-Known Member

Mar 3, 2019
    Denver is by far the most obvious landing spot for Rodgers. They are ready to go if they could just find a QB

Steelers have a lot of team building to do IMO, and if they trade a bunch of picks for Rodgers it’s going to effect what they can put around him. Pass for me

Wild theory, Browns dump Baker and replace him with Rodgers after the season? That offence would be simply unstoppable with Aaron Rodgers under Center. The only thing holding them back from challenging for a Super Bowl is Baker. It would be the ultimate win now move to sign Rodgers

• Agree Agree x 2
  5. steel machine

steel machine Well-Known Member

Sep 21, 2017
    Well Neil was not terrible for the 4-5 years we had him. I guess some would say Kordell was our 3rd best???????????????????

6. MojaveDesertPghFan

MojaveDesertPghFan

Oct 19, 2011
    ....and on that note, Steel Elvis, just left the building. :cool:

• Like Like x 1
  7. Steel_Elvis

Steel_Elvis Staff Member Mod Team

Nov 4, 2011
    Lance is the future for 15 years? Are you sure about that? Can they be sure about that given the failure rate of other QBs drafted high in the 1st round? Guys like Wentz, Goff, Trubisky, etc, etc, etc were all thought to be the future for the franchises that drafted them. Rodgers is a HOF’er who is still playing at a high level. The 49ers could easily decide to make a move to have a solid chance at a championship next year. Teams have made bolder moves for a chance to win now.

• Like Like x 1
  8. Steel_Elvis

Steel_Elvis Staff Member Mod Team

Nov 4, 2011
    Yes, I left to go pick up A Rod at the Pittsburgh airport.

• Winner Winner x 1
  9. MojaveDesertPghFan

MojaveDesertPghFan

Oct 19, 2011
    I'd say it was a 15 way tie for 3rd best, with many having brief moments in the sun. NO, Bubby and Kordell were blessed with great teams around them but each proved fatal at critical moments. Dishonorable mention to Kent Graham and M Vick. :facepalm:

10. SDOT

SDOT Well-Known Member

Aug 1, 2016
    Legit shot at a Championship or risk it and wait? I think they would take the legit chance right away. Kind of weird in hindsight they took Lance with all the money they're paying Garoppolo. Getting rid of him next year might be an issue too because Rodgers will want his type of money. Can't pay both of them and would have to trade away Lance leaving them no future. That's a tough call for the 49ers.

11. Steelers89

Steelers89 Well-Known Member

Oct 1, 2016
    Try and acquire Mac Jones from NE.

I think he could be a potential top 15 QB in this league.

The scary thing about all of this is we are in a division with three other great to elite QB's.

• Hilarious Hilarious x 2
  12. Blast Furnace

Blast Furnace Staff Member Mod Team

Oct 16, 2011
    In 49ers eyes he is. There’s no chance they write that off for 1 or 2 years.

If they start him for the rest of the year, they will have a better idea by next season.

13. S.T.D

S.T.D Well-Known Member

Dec 23, 2020
    Wait what. A. Rodgers Hasn't been 2 a SB...since Ben....Yet all of a sudden if He comes Here We go 2 a SB????
    So Now all the Tomlin Haters Think He can Coach.
    All the Rooney's Haters think He will change, and all of a sudden Green Bay is a Suck A$$ Organization. :shrug:
    If He can't win SB in Green Bay....why Would He automatically be able 2 Here.
    This is that Dan Marino stuff all over again. Dan Goes 2 a Coach that Took one team 2 a Championship(Colts), and another 2 two SB (Miami)but it was Miami fault Dan didn't win any SB. LoL.
    Like it's Green Bays fault A. Rodgers has only one.

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  14. KMM

KMM Well-Known Member

Sep 17, 2018
    why in the world would the Patriots trade Mac Jones? why not just ask Chargers to trade Justin Herbert for pete's sake.

• Agree Agree x 2
  15. DukeDukeDaDaDa

DukeDukeDaDaDa Well-Known Member

Sep 24, 2017
    Then you know it's bull ****.

• Winner Winner x 1
  16. DukeDukeDaDaDa

DukeDukeDaDaDa Well-Known Member

Sep 24, 2017
    Lol I love when people just make up trade scenarios that make zero sense for the giving team.

• Winner Winner x 1
  17. Steel Hog

Steel Hog Well-Known Member

Dec 6, 2017
    I know you're not speaking for all Steelers fans because I am a fan and I have faith in Mason as I am not convinced yet that I shouldn't. Yes, I hope mgnt reads this.

18. Steel Hog

Dec 6, 2017
    Agree. But can this actually happen with ARII at the helm? He is where the buck is supposed to stop and everything that is influencing our struggles was caused by decisions from the people that report up to him. If nothing changes, its because he is ok with things as they are and those who caused it or he'd make the necessary changes. I really believe that there are things other than football influencing what he does or doesn't do with addressing the issues on his team.

19. Steel Hog

Dec 6, 2017
    What has Leftwich done that would indicate he'd be a good HC? I am not saying he wouldn't be but other than being an OC under a HC we let go a few yrs ago, what qualifies him over others? Lots of excellent Coordinators/ position coaches fail miserably as HC's for a variety of reasons as its a totally different role to play. I don't know much about BL but I am interested as to why you'd pick him.

20. OX1947

OX1947 Well-Known Member

Jan 12, 2017
    You think the Chargers would do that? Someone tell Colbert. Come on. Stop wasting time.

21. Steel Hog

Dec 6, 2017
    This looked to me like Rodgers was out coaching our coaches and forcing us to take a TO. Rodgers. of course, likes Tomlin because he just kicked our azz and if on our team, he could get away with even more diva bs that he's known for.

• Agree Agree x 1
  22. steelersrule6

steelersrule6 Well-Known Member

Nov 14, 2011
    :facepalm:

• Agree Agree x 1
  23. Animus

Animus Well-Known Member

Dec 30, 2020
    I think it's going to take 2-3 drafts to get back into contention and that's considering a QB pans out.

Worst case heading into 22 season is we'll need to draft or pick up via FA: 2 CBs, RG, RT, WR, SS, and 2 DL.

I'm anticipating Cam to be retiring this off-season. He really has nothing to prove at thus point and what need does he have to be apart of a rebuild. Then Tuitt is the wildcard in the DL. He may have played his last game ever. It would be great if he did.

On the OL, I'm not convinced that Banner is that much of an upgrade over Chuks. I guess we'll find out in the coming weeks nonetheless and I see absolutely no need to bring back Turner.

I'm not sure the Steelers will bring back Edmunds. I kinda think we should, just because there's so many other holes and it's easier to kick this can down the road a few years. Haden is likely gone and I feel Sutton is more suited for the slot. He can definitely get better as the season continues.

Juju is more than likely gone.

And after all of this, I haven't even addressed the QB position. Which is precisely why I feel it would be stupid to trade for Rogers or any other QB. Why give up capital to fix other positions for a QB that may only be here one year? Plus, that QB will likely be a hurt or more hurt than Ben. I'm not opposed to getting a QB via free agency though.

• Disagree Disagree x 1
  24. steelersrule6

steelersrule6 Well-Known Member

Nov 14, 2011
    Cam re-signed to a 5 year contract extension in 2020, he's not retiring.

25. Rel

Rel Well-Known Member

Dec 31, 2018
    "hitting the ground running" is very rare even for 1st round picks.